thanks from the pumkin patch

Started by thegayhare, August 10, 2013, 09:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thegayhare

Hi Hi all

My family works each year running the Alyssa fund,  a donation service named after a freind who passed from cancer.  

part of what we do to raise money is sell hand painted pumpkins at Halloween

now I'm not looking for donations or anything like that... rather its up to me to find new popular chars to paint

In the past we've done minions from despicable me, phinease and ferb, ponies, disney chars, lego ninjas, sponge bob, dora, and many others.

Some arn't popular... two years in a row no one has bought adventure time and regular show pumpkins

this year I'm adding the new nick ninja turtle, and teen titans go,

does anyone else have any sugestions?   I'm thinking gravity falls but I don't know if its popular enough,  or legends of chima

Brunhidden

perhaps branch off into dearly missed things- insted of legends of chima perhaps a thundercats (im gay for 2011 lion-o), instead of new batman do 90s animated batman (the highest form of batman), grody works well so perhaps a ren and stimpy or something, black knight from monty python would be awesome.

keep in mind youre not just selling to kids, youre selling to nostalgic adults with kids. people who remember the cool stuff are the ones with money now

perhaps pumpkins in a set? say you had that black knight, youd need a arthur to be harassing it, or if theres some way to have the ren pumpkin slap the stimpy pumpkin

final idea, make them look like zombie heads, and package them with similarly colored rubber gloves on sticks to have the dead rising from thy lawn
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

joshofspam

Well considering the group your aiming for, it would either have to be a new to be relevant to them or so popular that it still relevant despite being some old character.

Maybe old and new style Transformers Maybe some Dexter's lab or Powerpuff girls....
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

thegayhare

2011 thunder cats is good and when we do batman (almost atleast one a year) it usually is the animated series type

and we've been getting requests from buyers for gnomes and faeries sooo I think Gravity falls gnomes would be good and I can get disney fairies

Brunhidden

try some 2 fast 4 gnome?

im still upset someone beat me to the zombie lawn gnome idea

thegayhare

Quote from: Brunhidden on August 26, 2013, 12:44:39 PM
try some 2 fast 4 gnome?

im still upset someone beat me to the zombie lawn gnome idea

Gnomio and Juliette would be good too

I don't care what people say it was cute

thegayhare

mom had the major event yesterday

756 dollars worth of sales and donations so far. 

she has some custom orders to fill and another venue to sell them at but it's a good run

Mom didn't use the new toons in fact she didn't use many of the old ones no ponies, or phineas and ferb  most of the pumpkins were more stylized

but the minions sold out quick

Brunhidden

an idea for nest year to cater  to the nerdcore

thegayhare

llearch n'n'daCorna

Make sure to start 3.1415926535.. after that, you're probably close enough with whatever numbers you like, although accuracy helps. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears