2013/06/14 [PF #267] - Overcomplicated plans AWAY!

Started by Eboreg, June 14, 2013, 08:35:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eboreg

Seems like this "Subtle Paw" group likes to overcomplicate their plans a bit, even if it backfires in the end causing them to kill the wrong guy. That's the problem with ultra-secret groups, there's no accountability if they screw up and assassinate the wrong target so they have no reason to make absolutely sure that the right target is killed.
Quote from: Amber Williams on October 29, 2012, 05:55:06 PM
I expect if flamethrowers exist, Matilda would be tempted to install one into her shower.

Lurkie

The plan was a bit overwrought, wasn't it?  :)

There is one thing that works to make such a group assassinate the right person.  If they miss the target, said target can go on to do whatever it is that the assassins don't want him/her/it to do, which may be a very bad thing from the assassins' point of view.  This sort of encourages the assassins to do it right the first time.

(Hmm.   The Subtle Paw -- TSP for short.  Also short for teaspoon.  Referring perhaps to their planning capacity?)
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lurkie on June 14, 2013, 01:00:50 PM
The plan was a bit overwrought, wasn't it?  :)

Yes, but it confused the heck out of the opposition :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Raskahn

What confuses me is the lack of gun safety in panel three.
Worst. Assassin. Ever.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on June 15, 2013, 03:22:18 PM
What confuses me is the lack of gun safety in panel three.
Worst. Assassin. Ever.

I was a bit dubious about that as well, I have to be honest.

Merlin

His hand's (probably) not on the trigger. That would be silly.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Maybe he's just crazy, and sniffing the gunsmoke to get high?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 16, 2013, 02:45:34 AM
Maybe he's just crazy, and sniffing the gunsmoke to get high?

Assassin: "I love you deadly pistol." :)

Warp-Aci:"What about me? I'm the one that did the work that got you in here!" :<

Edit: It's not really surprising that just one little hitch went off with a plan so complicated. I wonder if it took them long to change their plan after they relised they killed the wrong man?

Edit 2: To be fare to the Subtle Paw, the assassins actions show a bit of unprofessionalism that makes sense when you think about the group. After all, with the amount of complicated shifting used of the players, I wouldn't expect them to be either valuable or exactly be informed players in the Subtle Paw.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Raskahn

Quote from: Merlin on June 16, 2013, 02:05:35 AM

His hands are all over that gun! He's seconds away from a "My preciouuuuuss".

Lurkie

Quote from: Lone_Wolf on June 16, 2013, 04:49:48 PM
Quote from: Merlin on June 16, 2013, 02:05:35 AM

His hands are all over that gun! He's seconds away from a "My preciouuuuuss".

Heh.  Amusing as that might be, I don't think so.  It's hard to tell from that image, but he may have his finger on the trigger guard.  More importantly, the bullet that killed Wils was the only one in the gun.  Check strip #111.  You'll see that all the chambers of the revolver were empty when the assassin loaded the enchanted bullet.  Of course that's still no excuse for handling his gun the way he is -- it's just not safe.

BTW, I liked the paw-print "clan symbol" on the warp-aci's forehead.  Which leads me to wonder: do all warp-acis get a symbol, or only those summoned by 'Cubi?

EDIT:  'Cause Lurkie can't spell.
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lurkie on June 18, 2013, 12:02:21 PM
BTW, I liked the paw-print "clan symbol" on the warp-aci's forehead.  Which leads me to wonder: do all warp-acis get a symbol, or only those summoned by 'Cubi?

IIRC, the summoner gets to set the symbol.  With 'Cubi they normally use their clan marking, but they could set it to be anything they like.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 18, 2013, 12:04:54 PM
Quote from: Lurkie on June 18, 2013, 12:02:21 PM
BTW, I liked the paw-print "clan symbol" on the warp-aci's forehead.  Which leads me to wonder: do all warp-acis get a symbol, or only those summoned by 'Cubi?

IIRC, the summoner gets to set the symbol.  With 'Cubi they normally use their clan marking, but they could set it to be anything they like.

Did Amber ever mention this fact in the forums?  I thought with Cubi there wasn't a choice in the symbol and it always ended up as their clan marking.

Icon by Sunblink

Tapewolf

Quote from: ChaosMageX on June 18, 2013, 11:05:52 PM
Did Amber ever mention this fact in the forums?  I thought with Cubi there wasn't a choice in the symbol and it always ended up as their clan marking.

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,6163.msg284421.html#msg284421

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 19, 2013, 02:41:10 AM
Quote from: ChaosMageX on June 18, 2013, 11:05:52 PM

http://clockworkmansion.com/forum/index.php/topic,6163.msg284421.html#msg284421

Ooo. Crossing the threads, this means some sick mind out there could have a chameleon warp-aci. How would you know it was around, since you can't see the darn thing...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears