2013/04/05 [DMFA #1391] Nooo! My pretty meltable wings!

Started by xom, April 05, 2013, 01:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xom

Ha! Poor Jakob. I can't help but wonder as to what exactly Piflak did to Destina that she vowed to no longer come to the clan meetings.

InsanityRequiem

I suspect it was a full on de-clothing instead of just pants or a shirt. And poor Jakob, his torture is my giggling fits.

Dan's realizing at the fact that they're not even clothing he wears makes it all the better.:U
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Tuyu

Does that mean Dan is still wearing his pants?

"Made you look!" :D

Icalasari

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

Merlin

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Plotting

I want to see where the interview Jakob is doing goes now that he no longer has pants! Talk about an awkward interview moment. >:3

MT Hazard

Could be worse, he could have shape shifted those pants

Jacob/Dan: Please give me back my skin..

Also, Pif? That word means something else now.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 05, 2013, 07:24:40 AM

Abel can make his skin into leggings, but if Jakob did that, the clan mark would show making it obvious he wasn't wearing anything.  He'd use his wings for that.

http://project-future.org/strip.php?strip=64

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

justacritic

Dat face lol, really is this some ingrained instinct of cubi to magically undress anybody?

Drakkenmensch

The thought occurs that Abel pulling off Aaryanna's dress as a distraction (strip 587) is a skill he learned from watching Piflak in action.

Also, watch yourself Jakob. I'll bet Quill is nearby and ready to go all amorous on you when she notices your pants missing and decides she wants to take the rest.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Whooo! :boogie Pantless Jakob!

While, I do feel a little bit bad for him, that face expression in the last panel is priceless! :D
It would make an awesome "FanBar" image. :3

joshofspam

Purple is a nice color. >:3

Though I'm trying to figure out the bunny cubi's expression. Is that an Oooooohhh face or is that a slightly smile face?

I'm not sure. :B
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Little of column A, little of column B, josh. ;-]

Love the strip, Ambaargh. Especially the whole "whose pants are these?" realisation. *grin*
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Prroul

Quote from: Plotting on April 05, 2013, 06:32:55 AM
I want to see where the interview Jakob is doing goes now that he no longer has pants! Talk about an awkward interview moment. >:3
Particularly if it was a certain combat instructor who already has a crush on him...

SkeletalSpade

The Jakobs-pants thing;  First page to make me laugh out loud xD  That was pretty funny.

Raskahn

Gods, there goes another monitor. seriously, my insurance is getting suspicious of my "coffee incidents"

Anri

dronepeanut

Lying Foo

Quote from: InsanityRequiem on April 05, 2013, 01:40:22 AM
I suspect it was a full on de-clothing instead of just pants or a shirt.

That can't be right.  She's still alive.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

Wanderer

Quote from: Lying Foo on April 05, 2013, 05:00:47 PM
Quote from: InsanityRequiem on April 05, 2013, 01:40:22 AM
I suspect it was a full on de-clothing instead of just pants or a shirt.

That can't be right.  She's still alive.

First, Piflak's a clan leader. Destania isn't really a threat to her. Second, she likely attends the meetings via a remotely-controlled avatar rather than actually being there in person.

ChaosMageX

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 05, 2013, 07:46:32 AM

Abel can make his skin into leggings, but if Jakob did that, the clan mark would show making it obvious he wasn't wearing anything.  He'd use his wings for that.

Well, I'm personally hoping that Jakob will appear in at least one more page without his pants and facing the right direction with enough of his left leg visible so that we can clearly see his clan mark.  Hopefully that's another reason why Amber drew him wearing purple briefs (or perhaps a thong, I can't quite tell), not just for the comedy of a one-off gag.

I also regret not mentioning my earlier suspicions that those pants didn't quite look like the pair Dan normally wears under his robe, back when I had the chance before this page was posted.  I'd have to look through the archives to be sure, but doesn't Dan usually wear black sweat pants (or maybe they're leathers) with a light gray sash instead of a belt?

Icon by Sunblink

Lurkie

Just for fun, I bounced through the archives a bit (oh the bruises), just to see what Dan usually wears.   Normally, it's some sort of baggy black pants with elastic or drawstrings at the ankles, along with a red sash around his waist.  The sort of thing one might expect an anime-esque martial artist to wear.  (See here and here.)  He's also worn a green Chinese-looking outfit once or twice.  I think the baggy grey pants (these look like sweats to me) with the light grey sash in Vol_1118 were actually Abel's.  I know Dan's worn other things, too, but finding them would be more work than I want to put in.  :)

|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Nino

Quote from: ChaosMageX on April 05, 2013, 06:59:42 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 05, 2013, 07:46:32 AM

Abel can make his skin into leggings, but if Jakob did that, the clan mark would show making it obvious he wasn't wearing anything.  He'd use his wings for that.

Well, I'm personally hoping that Jakob will appear in at least one more page without his pants and facing the right direction with enough of his left leg visible so that we can clearly see his clan mark.  Hopefully that's another reason why Amber drew him wearing purple briefs (or perhaps a thong, I can't quite tell), not just for the comedy of a one-off gag.

I also regret not mentioning my earlier suspicions that those pants didn't quite look like the pair Dan normally wears under his robe, back when I had the chance before this page was posted.  I'd have to look through the archives to be sure, but doesn't Dan usually wear black sweat pants (or maybe they're leathers) with a light gray sash instead of a belt?

I would have said in response to that that it'd be weird for him to wear the same pair of pants every day though, so it wouldn't need to be the same pair. I've noticed that at the start of the comic the characters tended to have only one outfit (like a ton of comic and cartoon characters do), but this hasn't been a trope DMFA has fallen into for a while (even Dan has this green thing) (edit: Lurkie beat me to the punch on pointing this out).

It makes sense though that he wouldn't wear jeans ever, since he'd probably need more flexibility in combat than they would afford him.

VAE

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Plotting

Quote from: Prroul on April 05, 2013, 02:54:50 PM
Particularly if it was a certain combat instructor who already has a crush on him...

Now that would be something to see! I think we need to pay a Warp-Aci with chocolates to transport Quill directly to her wolf! :3

Mao

Quote from: Plotting on April 06, 2013, 12:29:38 AM
Now that would be something to see! I think we need to pay a Warp-Aci with chocolates to transport Quill directly to her wolf! :3

Nah, it'd be funnier if Piflak hand delivered them to her.  At least I think it would be.  Particularly if that was her intent all along.

Tuyu

At least this time he still has a microphone...

Plotting

If Quill was all eyes-on-chest when Jacob was shirtless, imagine what she would be like with Jacob pantsless.

"Jacob is amorous I see!"

"No I am not!"

"Come little volf! Take the rest off!" *whip crack*

Mordsith

Quote from: Nino on April 05, 2013, 10:05:14 PM
It makes sense though that he wouldn't wear jeans ever, since he'd probably need more flexibility in combat than they would afford him.

Except in this strip - and the rest of that day. Presumably because it was part of his party attire.