Horrid accident involving my sister.

Started by Shax, February 14, 2013, 08:25:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sofox

That's brilliant and great to hear. All the very best!

llearch n'n'daCorna

As everyone else has said, that's awesomely wonderful news.

Well, all except the facebook part. Who let her loose on there? ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Excellent news!

Hope it's nothing but good news from here on out.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Gabi

It's great to hear she's recovering so well!

Sorry for the late reply.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Paladin Sheppard

Shax

Small update. She's talking completely now! It's a bit raspy bit she speaks in full sentences now! She's recovering fast and we are still going to her graduation. Another week and she can put a little weight on her left foot.

Paladin Sheppard

Give her a hug for me Shax, you, your family and especially her have shown a lot of strength though all this.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shax on May 06, 2013, 08:11:48 PM
Small update. She's talking completely now! It's a bit raspy bit she speaks in full sentences now! She's recovering fast and we are still going to her graduation. Another week and she ca. Put a little weight on her left foot.

There seems to be a bit missing in those last two sentences, but wonderful news, nonetheless!

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Shax

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 07, 2013, 04:16:31 AM
Quote from: Shax on May 06, 2013, 08:11:48 PM
Small update. She's talking completely now! It's a bit raspy bit she speaks in full sentences now! She's recovering fast and we are still going to her graduation. Another week and she ca. Put a little weight on her left foot.

There seems to be a bit missing in those last two sentences, but wonderful news, nonetheless!

Fixed, and that's why I never really type up these things on an iPhone.... -.-

Sofox

Great to hear, it's been a long tiring period for all of you, but I'm really happy that things are getting better.

Brunhidden

prost, good on ya, mazzeltov, be merry, dekaani, a celebration for just cause

its not just survival, its being a survivor. i hope there are many years ahead where this can be looked back uppon, good years

Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Shax

EPIC NEWS! On Thursday, the 10th, for the first time in 12 weeks... SHE WALKED! That's right, she can put weight on her left leg now and she walked! With the help of a wheeled walker, but she was crusing fast down the hallway, almost a jog speed! Big improvement!

joshofspam

Yes! Good to hear your recovery is progressing well and so quickly.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sofox

Awesome to hear, I'm so happy for you all.

Paladin Sheppard

Shax

Big big BIG news today! My sister no longer needs a wheelchair or a walker! Feeding tube has been removed, and she can eat on her own. She was at Steak n' Shake today for lunch! And the best news ever.... 2 more weeks, and she can come home!

Tapewolf

Amber Williams

This is really good news! I'm so happy to hear it!  :boogie

Your sister and your family has come a long way from when all this began.  I can only imagine how hard it must have been for you all, so I'm glad to hear that the successes are really starting to come in bushels!

Merlin

That is fantastic news! Thanks for letting us know, I'm really happy for you all!

Sofox

Really happy to hear this, wishing you and your family the best.

llearch n'n'daCorna

This is where we break out the streamers, clackers, confetti, and air horns, yes? ;-]

Shax

It this point. The doctors are saying shes pretty much recovered. She no longer needs any support to walk, shes talking fully and is aware of everything. Jy parents are allowed to take her out of the hospital on their own for food or shopping now.

Kafzeil

Wonderful news Shax. great to see everything is looking up!
Real men wear Hats.<br /><br />Raz: Lili! An evil madman is building a fleet of psycho-death tanks to take over the world, and we\'re the only ones who can stop him! <br />Lili Zanotto: OH MY GOD! Let\'s make out! -Psychonauts

Shax

Great, GREAT day today! My sister is home for a visit and dinner tonight! Shes doing great! And our pets were all over her x3

llearch n'n'daCorna

Pets FTW. ;-]

Great to hear she's recovering quickly, and making progress.

Merlin

I'm so glad to keep hearing the good news about your sister, it's so good to hear :3

Shax

Bri got out today! She is back home with us, where she belongs. She is really excited!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shax on May 29, 2013, 12:16:56 PM
Bri got out today! She is back home with us, where she belongs. She is really excited!

I'm running out of ways to say "that's great news" :3

Paladin Sheppard

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 29, 2013, 02:13:01 PM

Indeed!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on May 29, 2013, 02:13:01 PM

Consult a thesaurus? Off of the top of my head: awesome, wonderful, amazing, really really neat, good to hear, comforting, satisfying, awe-inspiring, brilliant, cheerful, excellent, fantastic, gratifying, happy-fying, impressive, joyful, meant-to-be, relieving, tremendous, unifying, valuable, ...

Okay, I grant you "really really neat" and "happy-fying" might not be acceptable words, but they _do_ fit in "that's ... news!" ;-]