19/10/12 [DMFA #1346] - A spot of paint

Started by Tapewolf, October 19, 2012, 07:23:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Intriguing... so Fae powers are limited slightly outside of the realm?  I figure that's probably a self-imposed limit since they don't seem to take 'no' for an answer much.

I hope that wasn't normal vinyl paint or Abel is going to have a rather unpleasant time.

Most importantly, did Mab take the cake into the fae realm?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mao

Probably self-imposed.  From our understanding of Fae, they're pretty all powerful.  I wouldn't assume this is Fae in general though.  Could just be a Mab thing.

As for the cake?  I don't see it...  It's possible Pip has already eaten it.  In fact.. that sounds exactly like something he would do.  >.>

llearch n'n'daCorna

Heh. I do have to wonder what it is that she's just "remembered"...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

Well, I guess Abel and Alexi can be happy that the Inn is now... spotless.

justacritic

Quote from: Mao on October 19, 2012, 09:44:17 AM
Well, I guess Abel and Alexi can be happy that the Inn is now... spotless.
All hail admin Mao!

Alondro

NEVER!!!  Merlitz isn't dead until we see his mutilated corpse, disembowled and with an undead eating his brain! 

:kruger
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ignuus66

Quote from: Alondro on October 19, 2012, 11:13:00 AM
NEVER!!!  Merlitz isn't dead until we see his mutilated corpse, disembowled and with an undead eating his brain!  

:kruger
hmmm.... On it! I may need a picture of merlitz sleeping on the ground to do it.  :mwaha

(credit: Gabi)

joshofspam

Kind of reminds me of Death telling Darkmoon and Katrina about time and Alec. Those pesky mortals and the rudeness of not doing exactly what their suppose to do. :P

I suppose the truth does hurt sometimes and it looks like Mab is well on her way to a migraine....That's if fae get those. :U
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mischa

Ahhh, Mab's still one of my favorite characters.  Just her expression in that moment when her omniscience kicks back in.  :P

I'd offer her a hug, but I think it's one of those times when she probably wants to blow something up.

Surzsha

TacticalError

Our favorite drake, now confirmed to be consciously sadistic!

Ignuus66

Quote from: TacticalError on October 19, 2012, 01:39:37 PM
Our favorite drake, now confirmed to be consciously sadistic!
Why, it wasnt confirmed before? I'm pretty sure actions speak louder than words.

(credit: Gabi)

killpurakat

You know, maybe it's the black background with white text, but when I read that last panel, in my head Pip's voice sounds like the Guardian from Ultima 8 (which I only know of via Spoony's reviews of it, but for those who have no clue what I'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klGN8HWbUmk the Guardian starts talking at 0:18).

The plot thickens! Although one question looms over all...

How will Abel react to his new makeover?   :mowhappy

Tapewolf

Quote from: killpurakat on October 19, 2012, 06:47:43 PM
You know, maybe it's the black background with white text, but when I read that last panel, in my head Pip's voice sounds like the Guardian from Ultima 8 (which I only know of via Spoony's reviews of it, but for those who have no clue what I'm talking about:
He was better in the earlier ones, without the processing.  They used to say that Ultima 8's biggest single problem was Ultima 7.  (i.e. it was a decent game trying to follow up a masterpiece)

It did have some very fun bugs, though.

As for Abel, if he sleeps in an academy filled with people who don't, I imagine this has happened before.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: joshofspam on October 19, 2012, 11:30:29 AM
Kind of reminds me of Death telling Darkmoon and Katrina about time and Alec.

Who?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

joshofspam

Quote from: AmigaDragon on October 19, 2012, 10:45:43 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on October 19, 2012, 11:30:29 AM
Kind of reminds me of Death telling Darkmoon and Katrina about time and Alec.

Who?

I'm talking about these characters. http://www.cvrpg.com/archive/2011/11/16

Though I take it Death takes it better then Mab when it comes to mortals meddling on how they see things. Then again, no matter how a mortal changes, Death will still get you in the end.

Considering Mab is trying to keep as many of her mortal friends alive, that's a bit more challenging if their changing things on her.

Infranscia

Somewhat different effect, but does anyone else think Pip's speech-balloons might have some connection with this?  The outlines of said balloons do appear to be somewhat yellowed in the latest comic, and the exact change might just be a style-difference.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Eli_In_Chains

It seems entirely possible, but guessing at this time would be premature, I suspect.

MT Hazard

Remember that strip a while back were Amber complained about how much of a pain Abel was to draw? Looks like she's found a excuse to simplify things for a while.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Does his belly fur count as one big 'hole'?

maus_merryjest

"I wonder what could have ha---AH, NUTBUNNIES!"
It must be hard to be part-time omniscient. Would that make her demiscient?

And indeed, it seems that Amber has found a way to get rid of Abel's spots at least for a while.... and made it canon. Deeeeevious. *steeples fingers*

Lying Foo

Ooh!  Do I sense an infodump on the horizon?

Maybe two!  At once! :mowhappy
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

latei

Oh, I see that the paint pot is cream coloured. When I first read #1343, I thought Mab had magically removed all of Abels spots and needed to paint them back in, but I think this is funnier

Bakoneko

Maybe this has been brought up in the threads for previous comics, but I'm curious as to whether there's any significance to the fact that we haven't seen Abel since he was knocked out.

I know that by far the most likely explanation is that: 1) Unconscious characters are boring, and 2) Abel's a pain to draw, as we all know.  And I know that if there were something obviously, visibly changed about him, the other characters would surely have noticed. 

But it still seems like a long time to spend in the same room without even a glimpse of him, so I still can't help but wonder!
~ Bakoneko >^^<

*** Is a girl ***

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bakoneko on October 21, 2012, 12:43:54 PM
Maybe this has been brought up in the threads for previous comics, but I'm curious as to whether there's any significance to the fact that we haven't seen Abel since he was knocked out.

Prior to Mab's intervention there was likely to be a fair amount of blood.

Bakoneko

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 21, 2012, 12:57:33 PM
Quote from: Bakoneko on October 21, 2012, 12:43:54 PM

Prior to Mab's intervention there was likely to be a fair amount of blood.

Which certainly explains why we wouldn't want him to see it!  :< But us?  I suppose that would be a rating thing.

It all makes sense, but I still want there to be an in-story reason.  :mowwink
~ Bakoneko >^^<

*** Is a girl ***

joshofspam

I actually find it interesting how Mab's wings change from big and rounded to strait, small and spear headed.

It's always interesting to see how Mab's looks as her mood changes. Though I do wonder if Amber has a set model of how Mab's mood effects her appearance?