7/27/2012 [DMFA #1327] #FirstFaeProblems.

Started by supermike, July 27, 2012, 05:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plotting

Quote from: Amber Williams on July 28, 2012, 03:09:31 AM
Quote from: Attic Rat on July 28, 2012, 01:44:01 AM
Quote from: TacticalError on July 27, 2012, 03:04:02 PM
If the 'communications' are for commercial use (phones, internet (or whatever it's called in Furrae), TV ect.) then they'd only be serving the relatively small amount of towns and cities which are that far along the development line, and not justifying the cost needed to set up some satellites (let alone a moon base, if that's what Pyro and Mab are on). For military use I doubt there would be any nations that are a) far enough away for long range communication to be necessary and b) allied. Magical communication?

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 27, 2012, 11:33:42 AM
Hmm, I am curious what those backpacks are for... Jetpacks maybe?

Life support? Just a backpack?

Short-term life support in case of an emergency, with attachment points for larger packs such as Pyroduck is wearing?

It's the males of their species.  c:

The males of their species have exotic equipment on their backs? Bwaahaahaahaa!

Brunhidden

why does everyone assume this is higher tech then what we have?

for all we know they have a communications station on the moon because instead of satellites beaming nigh infinite amounts of data they have instead moon-llama operators at a space switchboard freaking jetsons style. space travel with magic is not necessarily superior to space travel with science, you know, teleport and all that.

Quote from: Plotting on July 28, 2012, 08:30:23 AM

The males of their species have exotic equipment on their backs? Bwaahaahaahaa!

my hump my hump my hump, my lovely manly lump
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 28, 2012, 09:27:52 AM

why does everyone assume this is higher tech then what we have?

for all we know they have a communications station on the moon because instead of satellites beaming nigh infinite amounts of data they have instead moon-llama operators at a space switchboard freaking jetsons style. space travel with magic is not necessarily superior to space travel with science, you know, teleport and all that.

"Sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic" Also it looks high tech :P

(credit: Gabi)

KiloFoxx

Quote from: Plotting on July 28, 2012, 12:15:22 AM
Quote from: Lying Foo on July 27, 2012, 09:54:38 PM
Moon Mythoi Murdered Merlitz.

Murderous moon Mythos murdering Merlitz makes me mad!  :mowtongue
you sir have just won the alliterative olympics... Dominic Deegan's cat would be proud of you T.T *happy tears*

If the 'communications' are for commercial use (phones, internet (or whatever it's called in Furrae), TV ect.) then they'd only be serving the relatively small amount of towns and cities which are that far along the development line, and not justifying the cost needed to set up some satellites (let alone a moon base, if that's what Pyro and Mab are on). For military use I doubt there would be any nations that are a) far enough away for long range communication to be necessary and b) allied. Magical communication?

Short-term life support in case of an emergency, with attachment points for larger packs such as Pyroduck is wearing?

but... the one at the counter has a backpack AND boobs! @.@

KarlOmega1

Quote from: KiloFoxx on July 28, 2012, 07:33:21 PM

you sir have just won the alliterative olympics... Dominic Deegan's cat would be proud of you T.T *happy tears*

Maybe it's a herm?

(posting from Wii since laptop's Master Boot Record is infected.)
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

KiloFoxx

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on July 28, 2012, 08:34:37 PM

Maybe it's a herm?

y'know that's kinda where my mind went too XD

and what a coincidence! i'm posting from a Wii too because i havn't had a computer since March and my PSP has a 522 character limit!

Alondro

*Charline is all like*   :erk  *Then she's all like*  Eh, still hot.   ;)

Weird bipedal tauntaun moon alien things. 

Will Woona be showing up at the Moon Bakery?   :giggle
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Abel-needs-a-hug

Am I really the only one to notice this, or did no one mention it because it was too obvious?

Chapter title: Everything goes wrong

Mab talking about the lack of moon cakes: "Everything has gone wrong!"

Their seems to be a strong chance everyone we care about will survive.

joshofspam

*Reaching into my junk drawer of random, scattered and useless facts.*

I think I remember something like this in biology...A certain fish deep under the sea has both female and male gendered fish. However the method of breeding used by them is the male bights into the female and becomes a permanent part of the larger females body.

Now this doesn't exactly have to be like that fish, though thinking closely on that idea might explain what Amber means.

Sometimes life really can be stranger then fiction. :U
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Nino

Quote from: Abel-needs-a-hug on July 28, 2012, 11:29:05 PM
Am I really the only one to notice this, or did no one mention it because it was too obvious?

Chapter title: Everything goes wrong

Mab talking about the lack of moon cakes: "Everything has gone wrong!"

Their seems to be a strong chance everyone we care about will survive.

Nope, I think you're the only one that noticed that. Good catch!

BabylonRanger

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on July 28, 2012, 08:34:37 PM

Murderous moon Mythos murdering Merlitz makes me mad!  :mowtongue

It's the males of their species.  c:

Maybe it's a herm?

Or maybe they're like anglerfish with the parasitic males permanently attaching themselves to the large, more mobile females?

Talk about yer dimorphism.

Plotting

*Kermit flail* Yaaaaaaaaay!

Plotting

The quotes in this thread have become rather unwieldy in my opinion, so I shall do without them for this post :P

Having read all of the posts in this thread I can now see that my initial impression about the male Moon Mythos is wrong. I did not realize that the things on the backs of the females was the males of their species. 

Sexual dimorphism can be :erk at times.

But it does make me wonder - how the hell do they get there!?

And Amber can be sure that people will keep asking questions about these Moon Mythos until she gives a detailed description of them at least! >:3

Tapewolf

Quote from: Nino on July 29, 2012, 01:50:16 AM
Nope, I think you're the only one that noticed that. Good catch!

I wondered, but figured it was wishful thinking.  I guess we'll see.  The impression I'm getting is that she's losing some friends to prevent a situation that's even worse, perhaps even the destruction of Furrae.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Plotting on July 29, 2012, 08:31:19 AM
The quotes in this thread have become rather unwieldy in my opinion, so I shall do without them for this post :P

That they have. To the point that I'm considering resolving this for anyone who leaves massive quotage with no real point, by administratively removing all content from the post, and replacing it with abuse aimed at the poster.

Go on. Keep it up. I'll have _lots_ of fun with that. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Maark30

Of course we are taking the idea that the moon-base and occupants inside are real (and, or, in the main story reality) and not a product of Mab's powers.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Lying Foo

The males?

...well, I think that's enough to secure an R-rating.
Itsuwari, osore, kyoshoku, urei - samazama wa negative ni torawareru hodo yowaku wa nai, kodoku mo shiranu Trickster.

TheAuldGrump

That... can't be the Moon - no purple hair!

The Auld Grump, member of S.H.A.D.O.....

Nino

Quote from: Lying Foo on July 29, 2012, 06:03:26 PM
The males?

...well, I think that's enough to secure an R-rating.

I know! This is why if I ever made a webcomic I would never add males either. People just seem to find them so offensive for some reason! It must be the deeper voices, or maybe facial hair is just that unfashionable these days?

Mao

Quote from: Nino on July 30, 2012, 03:42:27 AM
I know! This is why if I ever made a webcomic I would never add males either. People just seem to find them so offensive for some reason! It must be the deeper voices, or maybe facial hair is just that unfashionable these days?

Nice save.  You get a cookie.

Also going to reiterate something that has been said before:  That avatar, so cute. *u*

Brunhidden

my beard and I suddenly feel oppressed with all the anti testosterone sentiment in here
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Brunhidden on July 30, 2012, 07:44:16 AM
my beard and I suddenly feel oppressed with all the anti testosterone sentiment in here

I can find you a spare razor, if it helps.

... Can't help you on the voice thing, though; I think I'm safe from oppression there...

Nino

Quote from: Mao on July 30, 2012, 07:28:51 AM
Quote from: Nino on July 30, 2012, 03:42:27 AM

Nice save.  You get a cookie.

Also going to reiterate something that has been said before:  That avatar, so cute. *u*

Thanks! :3 Everyone thinks she's from the country because she's a pig, but she's actually from New Pork City.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Nino on July 30, 2012, 11:41:42 AM
Thanks! :3 Everyone thinks she's from the country because she's a pig, but she's actually from New Pork City.

Pigtown ?

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Kirishala

Quote from: Maark30 on July 29, 2012, 05:26:05 PM
Of course we are taking the idea that the moon-base and occupants inside are real (and, or, in the main story reality) and not a product of Mab's powers.
Who says they can't be both?  Remember you are talking about a temporally non-linear being with Q-like powers, Mab could have went back in time and created the Moon Mythos race so that they would build the moon-base so she could have a proper audience for this scene rather than just Pyroduck

Ignuus66

Quote from: Kirishala on July 30, 2012, 10:29:37 PM
Who says they can't be both?  Remember you are talking about a temporally non-linear being with Q-like powers, Mab could have went back in time and created the Moon Mythos race so that they would build the moon-base so she could have a proper audience for this scene rather than just Pyroduck
I am pretty sure that Fae do not have the ability to mess with time, or if they do, they do not use it.

(credit: Gabi)

Nocturne of Night

Quote from: Ignuus66 on July 31, 2012, 05:12:03 AM
Quote from: Kirishala on July 30, 2012, 10:29:37 PM
I am pretty sure that Fae do not have the ability to mess with time, or if they do, they do not use it.

They don't have to, if they could see it coming from the far past, in their little dream clouds or whatever. :P

On a side note, thanks to Kirishala's comment, I now have this image of the Fae (or a single Fae) creating Paradox Space (yes, that Paradox Space) completely on a whim, just to see what would happen.

tracer

Quote from: TacticalError on July 27, 2012, 03:04:02 PMLife support? Just a backpack?

See the second image from http://www.universetoday.com/19543/space-tourist-richard-garriot-launches-toward-space-station/ Or bigger one here: http://www.universetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/exp18-wave-02.jpg See those boxes connected to the spacesuits? (In Lonchakov's hand and near Garriot's and Fincke's feet.) Those are their portable life support. Of course, those aren't intended to last long.

TacticalError

Quote from: Nocturne of Night on July 31, 2012, 09:55:49 AM
On a side note, thanks to Kirishala's comment, I now have this image of the Fae (or a single Fae) creating Paradox Space (yes, that Paradox Space) completely on a whim, just to see what would happen.

While I don't claim to get the Paradox Space reference, I think it's safe to say that most Fae actions are either for a deep and meaningful purpose, or the aforementioned 'just to see what happens'.