Are the easter eggs still around?

Started by Ignuus66, April 23, 2012, 05:45:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ignuus66

There is gossip of easter eggs around, and I've seen people report that they have found easter eggs, but after about 8 hours (I don't have anything better to do   :C) of trawling through all the comics again and again, clicking randomly on the site, checking the cast pages, the Demo pages, visiting the Links, the downloads,even the about page, I am beginning to doubt the existence of them....

I'm not asking for people to show me easter eggs, or tell me where they are, or link them to me, I just want to know if there are any because this is driving me insane. ..

Either that or I just wasted 8 hours of my life by not noticing the obvious.

EDIT:
May have found one...
Not sure if it counts though.
What the hell does
");?>
???

(credit: Gabi)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Yes, there are still easter eggs around.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ignuus66

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 23, 2012, 06:25:32 PM
Well they are doing a damn fine job of staying hidden.

Plotting

Does this mean that there is more than one easter egg around? I only know of one still being present.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Plotting on April 23, 2012, 06:43:16 PM

Does this mean that there is more than one easter egg around? I only know of one still being present.
Yeah I just found one but if you say there are no more present then...
Wow that would hurt.

Sofox

Just a technique you may find helpful: Hitting tab will select each link on the page in turn.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Sofox on April 23, 2012, 07:05:21 PM
Just a technique you may find helpful: Hitting tab will select each link on the page in turn.
That's cheating....
... and I don't like cheating!

littlekreen

I, however, love cheating! I know there's a wiki around here somewhere I can post a list to...

Mao

Guys, I'd suggest you all give up the topic before you find yourself temporarily unable to post in The Lost Lake Inn section of the forums.

Turnsky

just sniff around, given how long it's been, those eggs must be -pretty- ripe by now.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Plotting

Quote from: Turnsky on April 23, 2012, 10:04:10 PM
just sniff around, given how long it's been, those eggs must be -pretty- ripe by now.  >:3

Good one!

Also a lot of the easter eggs were taken down when they became irrelevant and/or out dated. For example, Fa'linas bio used to be an easter egg before it was made official with the cast page.

Sienna Maiu - M T

I never did find all of them in the end (even with tab-ing! :O)
One I knew about has since become irrelevant also (though, it was a good one~)
Some things I found were essentially through button-mashing in the address bar until I found something.

Fun times were had though.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Darkbunny

Quote from: littlekreen on April 23, 2012, 07:36:36 PM
I, however, love cheating! I know there's a wiki around here somewhere I can post a list to...

It's true! He does!

PS: O hai Kreen!

littlekreen

Hiya DB! Normally when the mods tell me to be quiet I stop talking but nevertheless at least I know who to pm for spoilers or world info. :p Though after actually looking for the wiki I'm quite sure no information that shall not be uttered is in there.  :3

Ignuus66

I'm quite sure that Admins/mods can see pm-s  :paranoid

I'm sure it's a conspiracy, even the forum vending machines gave me lemon lime when I wanted orange!

Darkbunny

...Is this where I make an offhand remark about a skull-gun?

littlekreen

If they can see PMs on our other forum it's clearly time for a iptables subnet ban and a security audit.  :)

Not a conspiracy as much as having the information publicly available makes them less interesting. That said I never even knew the things existed until now as I lurked the forum only sporadically.

I only know of peep guns DB, heh.

RobbieThe1st

I will point out that, at least when they came out they were acceptable to talk about in PMs, but not on these forums. So that shouldn't cause any trouble. But discussing this here more, well...

Also, I believe admins/mods cannot see people's PMs.
That being said, anyone with server access /can/, but only via direct MySQL access. Which, for anyone experienced in the field(like Llearch), well, it isn't exactly a barrier.

P.S. I like cheating too. Hooray for DownThemAll's list-all-links-on-page. Or any of a dozen other ways.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Darkbunny on April 24, 2012, 06:54:44 PM
...Is this where I make an offhand remark about a skull-gun?
Yes, yes it is!
However I will note about the infinite power of nanoaugmentation!

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Ignuus66 on April 24, 2012, 06:17:48 PM

If there is a reason for us to look into them, we can, yes. There's no global access, though; you have to annoy us pretty thoroughly for us to go to the effort to look them up.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkbunny

Translation: Do not taunt the Happy Fun Box.

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 27, 2012, 11:03:46 AM
Quote from: Ignuus66 on April 24, 2012, 06:17:48 PM

If there is a reason for us to look into them, we can, yes. There's no global access, though; you have to annoy us pretty thoroughly for us to go to the effort to look them up.

and usually they'd prolly nuke you from orbit just to save themselves the bother.  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..