14/04/2012 [DMFA#1300] Times are tough dot jpg.

Started by Viaxeiro, April 13, 2012, 04:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Viaxeiro

Awww. Poor Matilda
Although she has escaped Friday the 13th unscathed.

Tapewolf

I'm kind of curious whether they mean 'dangerous beasts' or 'dangerous people'...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Viaxeiro

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 13, 2012, 04:56:29 AM
I'm kind of curious whether they mean 'dangerous beasts' or 'dangerous people'...

What classes a person, If its Sentience, then most likely people.

Also, i'm really starting to like Matilda, shes drawn so beautifully, and the poses and lounging style of a taur is really adorable. also, Oh my god i want her furniture.

Ignuus66

That is a kind of life I do NOT want to have...

Also interesting combination of modern and fantasy buildings in the backround @ the first panel.

Also it should be Om nom nom instead of munch munch munch...  :mowcookie

(credit: Gabi)

Sofox

Been a while since I heard that particular RPGWorld reference.

Kinda like the languid pace of this comic.

justacritic

She's a good girl for Dan, sweet, nice, strong with huge..... tracts of land.

icarus

love that the little drinking birds are still overtaking matilda's house.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Ignuus66

Quote from: icarus on April 13, 2012, 12:33:17 PM
Matilda's house 3: the revenge of the drinking birds

Viaxeiro

Dear Ambarrrrgh.

How does one make Borbon Saturated Rasins.
its made me hungry.

Mao

Quote from: Viaxeiro on April 13, 2012, 01:13:43 PM
Dear Ambarrrrgh.

its made me hungry.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you just need to soak some raisins in bourbon for a bit.  ;-]

Viaxeiro

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 13, 2012, 01:23:52 PM
Dear Ambarrrrgh.

its made me hungry.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you just need to soak some raisins in bourbon for a bit.  ;-]

Oh. Cripes, the Whiskey you Americans have, not the Borbon biscuits im thinkin of

Mao

Quote from: Viaxeiro on April 13, 2012, 01:29:00 PM
Oh. Cripes, the Whiskey you Americans have, not the Borbon biscuits im thinkin of

... I'm not an American. XD

Close.  But not an American.

Viaxeiro

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 13, 2012, 01:33:14 PM
... I'm not an American. XD

Close.  But not an American.

On of the Funny yet gentle French/English people who live north a little bit?

You guys are awesome by the way. Specially those Quebec people. i had some fun figuring out what was french, what was english, and how the heck it fit in one sentence.

Amber Williams

I envisioned a bit of Zinvth's television (which, in case folks are wondering, Matilda lives at) as having a bit of a propoganda bend in that it has a very "It's a very terrible and scary world out there...that we keep you SAFE from!" while at the same time kind of encouraging a xenophobic attitude in a way.

Yeah.  It's a small running joke for me that Matilda had tried to order one drinking bird but ended up with one gross (about 144 if I am remembering right) so she's loaded down with the little buggers.  :U

killpurakat

Heh... I find the timing of thic comic rather funny for me personally. And I needed a pick me up today. Thanks, Amber!

I like Matilda very much, and my brother thinks I'm very much like her (I, for one, would argue that Matilda is made of AWESOME and therefore not like me, who is made of costuming and Cadbury Creme Eggs at the moment), because her responses to situations either match mine or would if I was in those situations.

A few weeks ago, I went to a get-together with some people from school, but I left early because I didn't feel I fit in. When I got home, I was excited to watch a new ThunderCats episode, drink/eat a Slurpee, and do some sewing. I realized that I was REALLY BORING if that to me was the most fun thing I could imagine doing on a Saturday afternoon/evening.

Then my brother whacked me over the head and said it's all relative and if you like your life, then it's not boring for you, it's just right for you.

So I understand your "bleh" attitude, Miss Matilda, but don't let it get you down. You are creative and neat and in charge of your life, which is an excellent thing. And I don't think you're boring at all! It's okay to have slower days than others and to relax.

:hug

joshofspam

If she ever does get to sell all her nick knack drinking birds, I'd be amazed.

It's not that I don't think she can sell them. Just that she got so many to sell.

Building for her people must be an interesting construction project. Everything is probably three times normal sized, five times as sturdy and completly fire proof.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 13, 2012, 02:06:54 PM
I envisioned a bit of Zinvth's television (which, in case folks are wondering, Matilda lives at) as having a bit of a propoganda bend in that it has a very "It's a very terrible and scary world out there...that we keep you SAFE from!" while at the same time kind of encouraging a xenophobic attitude in a way.

That would make a lot of sense.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Viking ZX

I'm an author! Check out my site!

AxiLarin

Poor, lovely Matilda.  It sounds like she could use an adventure(r).  I'm sure she's wishing she could call up Dan.

I love seeing more of the Mythos in the recent comics, especially Matilda (yay!).  If I had a prehensile tail to hold my palette, I too would have an easier time of painting.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: Mao Laoren on April 13, 2012, 01:23:52 PM
Dear Ambarrrrgh.

its made me hungry.

Yep, that seems to be it.  Apparently, bourbon or rum raisins are used in bread pudding.  I'll have to try some with bourbon and some with Jameson Irish.  :D  In my search, I learned, "The syrup could be stirred into your oatmeal to perk up your morning!"  So, the next time Dan has breakfast at Matilda's, will we be peeking in?   :rolleyes

With regards,
Ted

Madmann135

Matilda may have a boring life but she has a good life.
She owns her own business (possibly home) that is doing well, has a nice boyfriend and she has little conflict.  She may call it boring, I call it good.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

icarus

Yeah.  It's a small running joke for me that Matilda had tried to order one drinking bird but ended up with one gross (about 144 if I am remembering right) so she's loaded down with the little buggers.  :U

"One gross drinking bird? That sounds too intruiging to pass up. *click*"

(six to eight weeks later)

"Finally, my gross drinking bird is here! Now I get to find out what's so gross about it! Is it what it drinks? Is the bird itself gross? Is-"
(opens box)
"...well, nuts."

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

MT Hazard

Is it just me or is Matilda rolling her third eye in panel four?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Attic Rat

Boredom isn't so bad in small doses. It's what adventurers fondly dream about, near the end of an adventure.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

LionHeart

Quote from: joshofspam on April 13, 2012, 02:34:37 PMBuilding for her people must be an interesting construction project. Everything is probably three times normal sized, five times as sturdy and completly fire proof.
And that's just the furniture...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

ChaosMageX

Interesting.  I can't help but wonder how Zinvth's government is set up, especially in this world that's a mixture of the modern and medieval.  Could it be more of an authoritarian government than a democratic one that values public safety more than civil liberty?
From what Abel has said about Zinvth here and here, and how Kria has been pictured in her position of authority here and here, I wouldn't be surprised if the government was something akin to a oligarchy centered around the city's founding families.

Yeah.  It's a small running joke for me that Matilda had tried to order one drinking bird but ended up with one gross (about 144 if I am remembering right) so she's loaded down with the little buggers.  :U

Heh, Maybe Matilda should jazzing them up with some clever advertising.  Perhaps a TV commercial with a script that goes something like this:

Delightfully Dapper Drink Sipping Toy Birds!

Hi, I'm Matilda Kissriss, owner and manager of Matilda's Magical Home Emporium and Warehouse.
Thanks to a shipping error, I am now currently overstocked on Delightfully Dapper Drink Sipping Toy Birds,
And I am passing the savings on to yoooooouuuuuu!!

Decorate your shelves and mantel places.
Entertain guests and prisoners in your home.
Keep great-great-grandma company.
Mimic their movement for exercise.
Confuse intruding adventurers.
Musical instrument players, use it as a metronome.
Guard your favorite drink glass,
Or just watch them sip the drink of your choice!

Whatever your Delightfully Dapper Drink Sipping Toy Bird needs are!
So come on down to Matilda's Magical Home Emporium and Warehouse,
<insert location> IN ZINVTH!!!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist, especially since her store's name involved the word "emporium".
Hopefully there's not already something similar in Zinvth, so she won't have to worry about getting sued. :P

Icon by Sunblink

Plotting

Quote from: ChaosMageX on April 14, 2012, 01:21:01 AM
Interesting.  I can't help but wonder how Zinvth's government is set up, especially in this world that's a mixture of the modern and medieval.  Could it be more of an authoritarian government than a democratic one that values public safety more than civil liberty?

In the world of Furrae I don't think it authoritarian governments, or rather city states, would necessarily be a bad thing.

Of course, authoritarian governments are susceptible to corruption, hostile take-overs by even more authoritarian people or regimes, marginalization of certain member of society (or perhaps certain species in the case of Furrae), copious amounts of propaganda, and other problems...

Personally, if I were a citizen of Furrae, safety for me and my family would be a very tempting reason to live in a place like Zinvth. It would really depend on just how authoritarian a place like Zinvth truly is as to whether or not I would want to live there. But that's just me; others may not be as happy to live in an authoritarian city state.

Ignuus66

I'm thinking that Zinvth is a mix between parliament and oligarchy, Basically imagine it like Rome in the time of Ceasar, but instead of 1 ruling individual, there multiple ones, and like Rome it is passed down to the person the previous one chose, and as there are multiple rulers, if 1 died without placing a heir, the other families could choose one, or it can be instantly placed on descendants (if there are any) Each ruler does one thing, so the conflict of power could be negated (as they said the Soulstealer family is the foreign relations and military governor.
This could turn out reasonably stable,  because unlike the Roman empire, if there is a incompetent ruler, the other rulers can boot him off and choose another.

Of course I could be totally wrong....  :P

justacritic

Quote from: ChaosMageX on April 14, 2012, 01:21:01 AM

Interesting.  I can't help but wonder how Zinvth's government is set up, especially in this world that's a mixture of the modern and medieval.  Could it be more of an authoritarian government than a democratic one that values public safety more than civil liberty?
From what Abel has said about Zinvth here and here, and how Kria has been pictured in her position of authority here and here, I wouldn't be surprised if the government was something akin to a oligarchy centered around the city's founding families.

Yeah.  It's a small running joke for me that Matilda had tried to order one drinking bird but ended up with one gross (about 144 if I am remembering right) so she's loaded down with the little buggers.  :U

Heh, Maybe Matilda should jazzing them up with some clever advertising.  Perhaps a TV commercial with a script that goes something like this:

Hi, I'm Matilda Kissriss, owner and manager of Matilda's Magical Home Emporium and Warehouse.
Thanks to a shipping error, I am now currently overstocked on Delightfully Dapper Drink Sipping Toy Birds,
And I am passing the savings on to yoooooouuuuuu!!

Decorate your shelves and mantel places.
Entertain guests and prisoners in your home.
Keep great-great-grandma company.
Mimic their movement for exercise.
Confuse intruding adventurers.
Musical instrument players, use it as a metronome.
Guard your favorite drink glass,
Or just watch them sip the drink of your choice!

Whatever your Delightfully Dapper Drink Sipping Toy Bird needs are!
So come on down to Matilda's Magical Home Emporium and Warehouse,
<insert location> IN ZINVTH!!!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist, especially since her store's name involved the word "emporium".
Hopefully there's not already something similar in Zinvth, so she won't have to worry about getting sued. :P

Imagine if she overstocked on other delightfully useless decor and objects like a barrel full of monkeys

Ignuus66

Quote from: justacritic on April 14, 2012, 10:15:13 AM
Imagine if she overstocked on other delightfully useless decor and objects like a barrel full of monkeys
Oh dear lord, now I can't get the picture of tons of monkeys rampaging around Matilda's home  :B