12/03/2012 [DMFA#1291] - Same old snark-face

Started by Arcblade, March 12, 2012, 03:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcblade

I love Devin.  

Honestly, I think Devin is an argument for the Undead getting their same souls back on rezzing.  He strikes me as quite similar to his former personality, only with less jerkface factor from the disturbed early childhood and subsequent pity-party years.  

For some reason, Kria with her hair rollers (hair rollers!), and her flossing, amuses me greatly.  :mowhappy  Super awesome points for when Abel ends up face-to-face with Devin again, too.  I anticipate with glee.  

Welcome back, Amber!  

Edit: Holy crap, I actually got to start a comic thread.  Maybe staying up 'til 3:30 in the morning has its perks!  

lilpuppy23

Quote from: Arcblade on March 12, 2012, 03:24:14 AM
Edit: Holy crap, I actually got to start a comic thread.  Maybe staying up 'til 3:30 in the morning has its perks! 
Go to bed!

But yes, something about how Devin behaves now and then does seem to support the "Devin got his old soul back" theory very well.  :)

However, Amber is still the final word on that. It is all theory until she says so.

AxiLarin

I like how Kria looks in rollers.  She really looks super adorable in the first panel!  And those teeth... yowza!  :U

If Kria only knew the "con artist" is her beloved former pupil...  I definitely cannot wait to see how this unfolds.  I'm not sure even some 380 years later that Abel is ready to talk about what happened that day, especially to the snark-face who died right in front of him.

Tapewolf

So I guess she's lost interest in Dan already?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

D'ymkarra

Quote from: AxiLarin on March 12, 2012, 03:52:13 AM
I like how Kria looks in rollers.  She really looks super adorable in the first panel!  And those teeth... yowza!  :U

If Kria only knew the "con artist" is her beloved former pupil...  I definitely cannot wait to see how this unfolds.

The hair in rollers look is rather disarming..Then again, so is Kria if provoked  :kruger

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 12, 2012, 04:09:29 AM
So I guess she's lost interest in Dan already?

As Lorenda herself once said, mom tends to move in and out of things on whimsy..
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Prroul

I can just see the next panel

"I dunno, Kira... Lorenda said he was a friend, I don't think he'd be a con artist..."

Kria: *gargles with mouthwash*

"She said his name was Abel..."

*SPRAY!*

"Aaaand... now I'm minty fresh" *drip, drip...*

Plotting

Devins snark personality may not be the sole result of Kria raising him - but Im sure she played a role in it!  :mowwink

Mao

Ah Kria.  In many ways, you make this comic for me. |3

Ignuus66

(credit: Gabi)

Dard

Someone who Devin before his death. Check!
Cubi. Check!

Connection: Devin - Cubi.
Certainly Kria remembers Abel, and it is unlikely she would ever forget how Abel became dead. Now who was the cubi that she knew was there at that time and certainly knew Devin?

Not too many options. Not too many possbilities for coincidence anymore.

Kria, you are a little slow, aren't you?

BirdmanGA

Super awesome points for when Abel ends up face-to-face with Devin again, too.  I anticipate with glee.  

According to http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1161.php, he already has, and I don't think the meeting was as cordial as one would hope.

Arcblade

Quote from: BirdmanGA on March 12, 2012, 02:32:51 PM
Super awesome points for when Abel ends up face-to-face with Devin again, too.  I anticipate with glee.  

According to http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1161.php, he already has, and I don't think the meeting was as cordial as one would hope.

Hence the "again," yes.  >:3 

Akisohida

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on March 12, 2012, 03:43:47 AM
However, Amber is still the final word on that. It is all theory until she says so.

My mind is weird. I saw your quote, knows that means 'Word of God'. Changed that to 'Word of Amber' and now want to see Dan and Jy dressed up as the Blues Brothers saying 'We're on a mission from Ambah'
Amber-ism #700: If the problem isn't solved, there are still survivors you missed.

Ignuus66

To be frank I'm more excited for when Abel meets Destania again. I would be curious if Abel will stay Biased toward destania or if he will notice the changes...

Alondro

*Charline waits patiently with a big bag of manure dangling over an industrial ceiling fan*  Just a few more comics now...

I can smell the chaos and mayhem already!
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Tarakona

I'm so glad to hear Bedlam is on the mend. Glad the vacation went smooth-ish as well.

Kria in hair rollers is just so adorable! Ah yes, the things that transcend death: Love, Honor, and Devin-Snark!

Floss well, Kria... :meat gardeners and delivery boys are the leading cause of tooth decay! http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_335.php

:thread

joshofspam

Devon and And Kria communicate so well. :3

If Devon let's it slip who this unnamed cubi is, do you think that Kria might go into a staring and twitching fit like Abel did when Devon being undead and living with Kria was revealed to him? >:3
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Maark30

Quote from: joshofspam on March 12, 2012, 07:37:27 PM
Devon and And Kria communicate so well. :3

If Devon let's it slip who this unnamed cubi is, do you think that Kria might go into a staring and twitching fit like Abel did when Devon being undead and living with Kria was revealed to him? >:3

A twitching fit followed by the mother of all hugs  :bunny ... eventually.  :mowcookie
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Tapewolf

I don't think that a meeting between Abel and Kria would go as well as some people are anticipating.  From what we've seen in Abel's Story and the meeting at Jy's house, Abel most likely believes that Kria personally killed Devin.
Abel has become bitter and is no longer the happy-go-lucky youth Kria knew, and Kria herself has changed over the centuries.

Given her statement about con-men, I can imagine her going for the faeta gems again, just out of paranoia.

[Frig, I called him 'Able']

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

Quote from: Akisohida on March 12, 2012, 03:55:00 PM
Quote from: lilpuppy23 on March 12, 2012, 03:43:47 AM

My mind is weird. I saw your quote, knows that means 'Word of God'. Changed that to 'Word of Amber' and now want to see Dan and Jy dressed up as the Blues Brothers saying 'We're on a mission from Ambah'
That mental image is so hilarious to me right now.

Rabid Mollusk

I wonder if as a undead he can do that cool magic ice trick.
-

Ignuus66

Quote from: Rabid Mollusk on March 13, 2012, 07:25:18 AM
I wonder if as a undead he can do that cool magic ice trick.
I don't think undead who lost memories remember some age old spell.

Viking ZX

As excited as I am to see Abel meet Devin, it's Abel meeting Kria that'll be the ultimate moment for me. I know it's coming, and coming soon!
I'm an author! Check out my site!

Ignuus66

Quote from: Viking ZX on March 13, 2012, 01:56:57 PM
As excited as I am to see Abel meet Devin, it's Abel meeting Kria that'll be the ultimate moment for me. I know it's coming, and coming soon!
as Tape said, they changed so much, though it miight be enough to bring old abel back for a short while. (kria's hug powah)

Ryy Lazurus

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 13, 2012, 06:24:18 AM
I don't think that a meeting between Abel and Kria would go as well as some people are anticipating.  From what we've seen in Abel's Story and the meeting at Jy's house, Abel most likely believes that Kria personally killed Devin.
Abel has become bitter and is no longer the happy-go-lucky youth Kria knew, and Kria herself has changed over the centuries.

Given her statement about con-men, I can imagine her going for the faeta gems again, just out of paranoia.

To back up that theory, I remember that Abel rejected Kira's offer to return to Zinvth. I'm sure that could have hurt the Soulstealers credibilty a bit. Maybe Kira has a grudge herself.

lilpuppy23

I just realized Kria isn't wearing anything...

:aack

Viking ZX

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on March 13, 2012, 06:44:37 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on March 13, 2012, 06:24:18 AM

To back up that theory, I remember that Abel rejected Kira's offer to return to Zinvth. I'm sure that could have hurt the Soulstealers credibilty a bit. Maybe Kira has a grudge herself.

I'm not so sure. I'd bet Kria is the one individual who knows Abel well enough that she could pull him out of his shell. When Abel last saw Kria and turned down her offer, it was right after he'd just lost his mother...not exactly a plus of a moment for him, especially with cubi being very emotional. Since then, Abel has tried to shut himself from the world and for the most part has succeeded. It wouldn't surprise me at all if part of the reason Fa'Lina sent him out with Dan was because she knew he would run into Kria again, one of the few people Abel knew and one of the few people who genuinely cared about him, and someone who could 'help' with his reaction to most of the world.
I'm an author! Check out my site!

BirdmanGA

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on March 13, 2012, 11:44:44 PM
I just realized Kria isn't wearing anything...

:aack

Great... now I just realized that too. Though I guess Devin's been her undead servant for so long she's used to him seeing her nude.  :erk