02/03/2012 [DMFA #1282] Cutest. Cuddles. Ever.

Started by Mao, February 03, 2012, 05:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mao

Seriously.

Man, I shouldn't have read this *just* after my morning jog.  It's making me want to go back to bed. @.@

Lorien077

Ha!  Its bedtime for me Mao, you lose this time~

Gotta admit never expected Abel to do that.  He's a lot more of a softy than he lets on.  And it seems that the Jyrras turning into a troll theory is supported by this page as well. 

This has probably been asked but was Jyrras originally a character of Amber's or a friend?  I'm curious as to where the name came from, its interesting (and hard to remember the correct spelling of).

You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Turnsky

you know what's gonna happen in a few mindsets of people.

chibi Abel playing with deebs in dreamland~

everybody dies from diabeetus.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Nocturne of Night

Quote from: Lorien077 on February 03, 2012, 05:17:39 AM
Gotta admit never expected Abel to do that.  He's a lot more of a softy than he lets on. 
I must say, I was expecting this of Abel sooner or later. Maybe 'cause I came here relatively recently, but I think jerkish as Abel is in DMFA he's always been soft, if Abel's Story holds any weight. He just needed breaking down, and our resident roo-rat was the one to do it. Love how Amber has developed him. Gives a person lots to think about.

I'd like to call it here: Abel will smile warmly before the comic's end. Maybe even take on his old personality again.

Onto the comic! Are Abel and Deebs in identical sleeping positions in the last panel? Excuse me a moment, I appear to have the diabeetus.

Drakkenmensch

Dawwwwwwwww. Abel can't hide what a sweetie he is while he's asleep and his true face is showing.

Also:

Ignuus66

(credit: Gabi)

justacritic

Quote from: Ignuus66 on February 03, 2012, 08:11:09 AM
Jyrras's expression was timeless.
Beauty and the Beast anyone, now where is the talking candelabrum?

Wanderer

I guess Abel decided the only way out of playing these games was unconsciousness. You know, given that he doesn't have to sleep and all.

Surzsha

Thankully I didn't catch the diabeetus from this, but my eyes did explode from cuteness overload. Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get fitted for a new pair.

Oh, and can't wait for the next chapter. Ladies gotta get their love, too.

Viking ZX

Quote from: Wanderer on February 03, 2012, 11:10:15 AM
I guess Abel decided the only way out of playing these games was unconsciousness. You know, given that he doesn't have to sleep and all.

It took until I got to your message to realize this. Well played Abel.
I'm an author! Check out my site!

VAE

Quote from: Drakkenmensch on February 03, 2012, 08:05:38 AM
Dawwwwwwwww. Abel can't hide what a sweetie he is while he's asleep and his true face is showing.

Also:

Uh... That guy disturbingly resembles my father.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Ignuus66

Quote from: Wanderer on February 03, 2012, 11:10:15 AM
it was stated earlier that even though 'cubi don't need to sleep or eat, Abel likes to do both. Makes me wonder if Abel actually is still in somewhat of a denial, probably due to being a 'cubi was forced on him even moreso than on Dan

Siirenia

Quote from: Ignuus66 on February 03, 2012, 01:43:24 PM
it was stated earlier that even though 'cubi don't need to sleep or eat, Abel likes to do both. Makes me wonder if Abel actually is still in somewhat of a denial, probably due to being a 'cubi was forced on him even moreso than on Dan
My first thought was that he was faking it to get away from more games with Deebs-based rulesets. XP

Stig Hemmer

Was it wrong of me to think that bubble gum and fur really isn't the best of combinations? :rolleyes
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

BirdmanGA

Well that would be true but if I remember correctly, there's something in Deebs that prevents her from sticking to other objects in the house. Remember when Jyrras squeezed Deebs and turned her into a balloon animal dog?

chaotik74

i DO find it odd that Abel is the one sleeping and JJYRRAS is the one who apparently stays up all night now. not to mention Mink's bedroom.....methinks the 'cubi rules arne't nearly as set in stone as initially thought...which could have some interesting consequenses down the road.  For instance, maybe the reason cubi don't sleep isn't so much they don't NEED to as it's SO much easier for some of thier enemies to "pull a krueger" on them when they do.

Ignuus66

Quote from: chaotik74 on February 05, 2012, 10:25:06 AM
-snip-
Welcome to the forums!

According to Amber the 'Cubi don't need to sleep because they get their energy from other sources.

I have no idea how this scientifically relates to sleeping, due to sleeping (what we know about it anyways) is more important in thought processing and allowing the body to heal/relax , rather than the conservation of energy. According to wiki sleeping only slows the metabolism by 5-10%.
Also the fact that they don't need to eat is scientifically illogical, due to the fact that only the hydrocarbons/sugars/fats are energy suppliers, and  humans (and most animals) need to eat to supply their system with minerals and vitamins that the system can't produce, as well as the intake of energy.

Anyhow no matter how Illogical it is, 'cubi don't need to sleep or eat, and older 'cubi don't need to breathe either.

But anyways try NOT to attach science or logic to comics, it won't work.

VAE

Quote from: Ignuus66 on February 05, 2012, 01:00:04 PM
Quote from: chaotik74 on February 05, 2012, 10:25:06 AM
-snip-
Welcome to the forums!

According to Amber the 'Cubi don't need to sleep because they get their energy from other sources.

I have no idea how this scientifically relates to sleeping, due to sleeping (what we know about it anyways) is more important in thought processing and allowing the body to heal/relax , rather than the conservation of energy. According to wiki sleeping only slows the metabolism by 5-10%.

It's more of a mental thing - body can heal just about fine when you are awake ,but most people go  nuts from sleep  deprivation after a week or so, if I recall. Thing is, cubi minds might work differently - they might organise themselves on the run.. possibly explaining the lack of attention compared to beings.

Also the fact that they don't need to eat is scientifically illogical, due to the fact that only the hydrocarbons/sugars/fats are energy suppliers, and  humans (and most animals) need to eat to supply their system with minerals and vitamins that the system can't produce, as well as the intake of energy.
Plenty of animals can produce plenty of vitamins they need, there's nothing that difficult about something using the whole range.
As for the rest... they likely don't excrete all that much, and instead recycle which takes a lot of energy, but hey, that's abundant. There's a reason the abilities manifest once they are fully grown. There could be more interesting things at play too, but who cares for now
Anyhow no matter how Illogical it is, 'cubi don't need to sleep or eat, and older 'cubi don't need to breathe either.

But anyways try NOT to attach science or logic to comics, it won't work.

You appear to have a different understanding of what logic means to me. Logic is a method that takes you from a set of premises to a set of conclusions with the guarantee that if the premises are valid, the conclusions will be too.

Science and logic applies very well, however , you need to remember that despite some similarities, this is *not* our world and physical laws might work different to how they do here.
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Ignuus66

Quote from: VAE on February 05, 2012, 03:44:01 PM
Plenty of animals can produce plenty of vitamins they need.
Actually there are no animals that can produce all the vitamins they need (plants, bacteria, and mushrooms are NOT animals) they usually have to consume some type of plant or consume an animal that consumed that plant. (food chain)
Science and logic applies very well, however , you need to remember that despite some similarities, this is *not* our world and physical laws might work different to how they do here.
Yeah, that's the best way to explain it.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ignuus66 on February 05, 2012, 05:21:41 PM
Actually there are no animals that can produce all the vitamins they need (plants, bacteria, and mushrooms are NOT animals) they usually have to consume some type of plant or consume an animal that consumed that plant. (food chain)

Given that the metabolism of Creatures is partly magical, I would suspect nucleosynthesis.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

VAE

Quote from: VAE on February 05, 2012, 03:44:01 PM
Plenty of animals can produce plenty of vitamins they need.
Because they evolved as reliant on such food - it's not so much any intrinsic reason they can't do it , but rather it wasn't quite needed, hence it didn't provide much of an advantage.
There's nothing that prevents a creature from being able to do so. Besides , who knows if Cubi evolved instead of being made in an experiment, by say , a dragon or something, perhaps using angel and demon and some mythos as a source of material.
Saphroneth

Surzsha

Quote from: VAE on February 05, 2012, 05:26:50 PM
Science babble.
Science babble babble science. Babble babble babble, science babble science, babble babble science.
Babble science.

Gee, I wonder why I tend to get lost in these conversations...

But joking aside, I always figured Cubi started as hybrids then over time gained their status as a legit race. Then again their Demo. 101 article never mentioned their beginnings exactly, except for the fact that they are one of the younger races in Furrae. I wouldn't doubt that they were possibly made instead of naturally evolved, in fact it would make the comic/world a lot more interesting if Amber ever decided to play around with the whole 'creation of life' point that I recall her barely touching when Deebs first appeared.

Ignuus66

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 05, 2012, 05:26:03 PM
nucleosynthesis
the problem with nucleosynthesis is that as far as I know it can only take place in extreme circumstances. (I may be wrong here, correct me if I am.)
Because they evolved as reliant on such food - it's not so much any intrinsic reason they can't do it , but rather it wasn't quite needed, hence it didn't provide much of an advantage.
I'd imaging that producing all the vitamins and minerals is nigh impossible due to the fact that many of it originates from the earth.
But anyways let's put this conversation to rest before the topic heads into the tea rooms.

VAE

Quote from: Ignuus66 on February 06, 2012, 09:06:18 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on February 05, 2012, 05:26:03 PM
nucleosynthesis
the problem with nucleosynthesis is that as far as I know it can only take place in extreme circumstances. (I may be wrong here, correct me if I am.)
I'd imaging that producing all the vitamins and minerals is nigh impossible due to the fact that many of it originates from the earth.
But anyways let's put this conversation to rest before the topic heads into the tea rooms.

In our world.
In Furrae, magical nucleosynthesis is trivial , as Abel has explained. It is more complex substances that are actual hard work to produce that way.
Remember Abel, one comic deals with it.

As an aside, vitamins don't originate from the earth unless you mean beetroot and potato XD What I was saying is that they might be very good at conserving what they need, and produce the rest internally, which is real doable with vitamins, and in-universe doable with minerals (because they are usually just simple ionic compounds, not complicated organic substances)
Saphroneth

Ignuus66

Quote from: VAE on February 06, 2012, 11:19:31 AM
In Furrae, magical nucleosynthesis is trivial , as Abel has explained. It is more complex substances that are actual hard work to produce that way.
OK, magic. Got it.
As an aside, vitamins don't originate from the earth.
If I know correctly calcium is classified as a vitamin, I may be wrong in this regard again.

VAE

Quote from: Ignuus66 on February 06, 2012, 12:00:03 PM
Quote from: VAE on February 06, 2012, 11:19:31 AM
OK, magic. Got it.
As an aside, vitamins don't originate from the earth.
If I know correctly calcium is classified as a vitamin, I may be wrong in this regard again.

What the fornication.
Calcium is a clearcut mineral, Ca, rare earth metal , 2 electrons in outer shell.

Vitamines are  precisely that - compounds of nitrogen, precisely , having amino functional groups, if I recall.
Bloody complex compounds.
Saphroneth

Ignuus66

Quote from: VAE on February 06, 2012, 12:51:34 PM
What the fornication.
Vitamines are  precisely that - compounds of nitrogen, precisely , having amino functional groups.
Ok thanks, I didn't know that bit of info.
let's put this argument to rest.

Amber Williams

*inhale*

*points*
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS!  :U

VAE

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2012, 01:43:40 PM
*inhale*

*points*
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERDS!  :U

Northern Engineering Research and Development?
Saphroneth

Ignuus66

Quote from: Amber Williams on February 06, 2012, 01:43:40 PM
-snip-
You don't say.
(Yes, I admit being a nerd, it's pretty much obvious.)