12/15/2011 [DMFA #1271] - Regular Doofs

Started by Lorien077, December 16, 2011, 02:12:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorien077

>_> Hopefully no one started the topic while I started this one...

Abel carrying Lorenda to her room is adorable.  So is Jyrras.  It may be time to see a dentist. 
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

My scribbles: http://lorien077.deviantart.com/

Maark30

It seems that Abel has some serious strength to lift and carry Lorenda without any strain. and from his back wings yet.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

llearch n'n'daCorna

I do like the last panel. I laughed. Lots.

... enough that my son came and asked me what I was laughing about. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Lorien077

Quote from: Maark30 on December 16, 2011, 02:49:28 AM
It seems that Abel has some serious strength to lift and carry Lorenda without any strain. and from his back wings yet.

Yeah... the strength of a cubi's wings has been pointed out a few times but that is really impressive.  I often forget that as funny as Abel and Aaryanna can be that they're really dangerous though.  Don't tend to forget that about Fa'Lina for some reason. XD 
You have my permission not to love me; I am a cathedral of deadbolts and I'd rather burn myself down than change the locks.

Kaja Rainbow

Quote from: Lorien077 on December 16, 2011, 05:27:06 AM
Yeah... the strength of a cubi's wings has been pointed out a few times but that is really impressive.  I often forget that as funny as Abel and Aaryanna can be that they're really dangerous though.  Don't tend to forget that about Fa'Lina for some reason. XD  

It's because Fa'Lina never seems to let you really forget the fact that she's dangerous. XD Of the regularly appearing cubi, she's the most overtly menacing, even if she's overall friendly. It might have something to do with her headmistress position.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lorien077 on December 16, 2011, 05:27:06 AM
Yeah... the strength of a cubi's wings has been pointed out a few times but that is really impressive.
If only because of the balance.

QuoteI often forget that as funny as Abel and Aaryanna can be that they're really dangerous though.  Don't tend to forget that about Fa'Lina for some reason. XD 

Of the people in this particular scene, Lorenda is the most dangerous and has probably killed more people on-shot than any other character.  I'd hesitate to choose between Aary and Lorenda, though since Aary aspires to Destania's ideals which seem to be fairly warped, even for 'Cubi.  Fa'Lina is certainly the most dangerous, though.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Arcblade

"But you falling down the stairs is the gift that keeps on giving!"   >:3  Oh, Amber...  you are so right.  Thank you for making my blah-morning so much more amusing. 

Reminds me, I have a present for y'all in the works.  Hopefully before Christmas, but we'll see. 

justacritic

This made me smirk so badly, and Abel seems to take on Jyrras' eyes with world weary experience then again he probably got that from Mink most of the time too. But Jyrras I don't think what Abel really wants is something you are able to give him (looks over Jyrras' impressive inventing record  :erk) Then again maybe you'll be able to give Abel what he wants but you're going to get in a whole lot of trouble for it...

Mao

Quote from: Arcblade on December 16, 2011, 07:36:30 AM
"But you falling down the stairs is the gift that keeps on giving!"   >:3  Oh, Amber...  you are so right.

In an odd sort of way, I view that line showing up in the comic as a nice little Christmas gift from Amber to me.

*sniffs and gets a bit teary-eyed*

Thank you Amber.  Mab bless us, one and all.

Paladin Sheppard

I'd just like to say that the way Abel is carrying Lorenda is fantastic! He could have picked her up in the same hold that Aary had Merlitz in when they met, but his one seems much more friendly and caring.

I shall now return to lurking in the Haunted Ballroom :B

Alondro

*Charles wows!*  Abel's wings must be so super-duper strong to carry Lorenda!  Since she's so fat!

*Charline just steps out of the way as Lorenda charges in and messily devours the human*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

justacritic

It's her way of appreciating you noticing Alondro

Lorien077

Ooooh good point Tapewolf... just even harder to look at Lorenda that way.  Especially in this strip, with her dreaming about something blush inducing(?)  Now her Mom on the other hand...

Amber Williams

Ironically enough, if one wants to go by kill-count, Dan probably has the highest number under his belt of the main Lost Lake cast.  Though yes, Kria probably beats him out in numbers.  Dark Pegasus moreso if one counts responsibility for deaths though not hands-on.  Mab even moreso if one counts responsibility for deaths not in this particular time/continuity.

Destania's deathcount isn't actually all that high, neither is Aarys.

justacritic

Then how would the count change if the selection was shifted to injury counts?
After all it's not just when a creature or being intends something that they're dangerous, accidents happen too

MT Hazard

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 16, 2011, 12:33:29 PM
Ironically enough, if one wants to go by kill-count, Dan probably has the highest number under his belt of the main Lost Lake cast.  

Yes, but they were all baaaad.

[spoiler] True lies quote there  [/spoiler]
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

joshofspam

Ironically enough, if one wants to go by kill-count, Dan probably has the highest number under his belt of the main Lost Lake cast.  Though yes, Kria probably beats him out in numbers.  Dark Pegasus moreso if one counts responsibility for deaths though not hands-on.  Mab even moreso if one counts responsibility for deaths not in this particular time/continuity.

Ah, yes!

That whole fae rebirth thing and all. That makes you wonder if her current unknown machinations might be some form of method to make up for that.

Though back to today's comic, that's a pretty impressive feat of Abel's to carry Lorenda around to her room in a mansions, even if you consider the wings nature. I would gather that Demons have a much denser bones and muscles. That would give them much more weight then you would actually think they would weigh. Though I suppose if their strength and resistance came from their magical nature, it might not be the case.

Though I do think Lorenda all snuggled up in Abel's wings is cute...I wonder if Jyrras has cameras in his mansion? Abel's fall just might keep on giving. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Shachza

Abel is no longer a cat-thingy, he is now a platypus.  That is all.
            <-- #1 that is!

Lorien077

Certainly informative.  Fey, Mab included, clearly always win the most dangerous award.  (Dangerous being replaceable with pretty much anything I suspect)

Infranscia

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 16, 2011, 07:20:28 AM
Quote from: Lorien077 on December 16, 2011, 05:27:06 AMYeah... the strength of a cubi's wings has been pointed out a few times but that is really impressive.

Indeed.  How is he staying so upright?  o.O  And I don't just mean staying on his feet.  The vertical-ness is impressive.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

MT Hazard

Quote from: Infranscia on December 18, 2011, 08:32:02 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on December 16, 2011, 07:20:28 AM
Quote from: Lorien077 on December 16, 2011, 05:27:06 AMYeah... the strength of a cubi's wings has been pointed out a few times but that is really impressive.

Indeed.  How is he staying so upright?  o.O  And I don't just mean staying on his feet.  The vertical-ness is impressive.

Cubi have long been masters of manipulating form and gravity (Link) probably just an extension of that.

Alondro

With Abel's super-wings, he could be all badass and do Ulquiorra's Segunda Etapa thing and bat away thousands of arrows and stuff with just his wings while not moving any other part of himself and just standing there looking all goth and disaffected.  :D
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Naldru

I was just thinking of Abel's back wings forming a huge scoop for use in a snowball fight.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

justacritic

I wonder what limits there are on the abilities of cubi back wings. Apparently from the quirks from various clan leader descriptions, there's a limit to how many numbers of wing tentacles can be formed, wings are destructible. Is there any other information that I'm missing?

Amber Williams

http://www.missmab.com/graphics/Jy_Gusta.jpg

Prototype of the comic I was originally going to post but I ended up scrapping it last minute due to me not liking the punchline. That and I didn't like the panel of Abel lifting the cabinet up all that much.

Odds are in-comic it will get mentioned, but in the meantime I figured you'd like to see what could have been comic 1272. :U

MT Hazard

I guess if you can be jack of all trades, master of all if you live as long as a cubi

Given Abel had run though every course except tennis and grass growing I'm thinking he has any number of tricks.

Thanks for posting that Amber, I do enjoy the behind the scenes stuff, comics that didn't quite make it, world building information, concept art, turn around sheets, species info, all that jazz.

justacritic

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 23, 2011, 07:53:51 PM

Prototype of the comic I was originally going to post but I ended up scrapping it last minute due to me not liking the punchline. That and I didn't like the panel of Abel lifting the cabinet up all that much.

Odds are in-comic it will get mentioned, but in the meantime I figured you'd like to see what could have been comic 1272. :U

While it doesn't really fit in sort of with Abel's personality... forget it, that sort of action would be Abel all over, playing snarky with heavy lifting and just being a horrible tease to Jyrras..., in fact I'm saving this  :mwaha 

Arcblade

Quote from: Amber Williams on December 23, 2011, 07:53:51 PM

Snerk.  Bahahaha!  I love Jyrras' expression.  Thanks for sharing this, Amber!  Also, tasty informations on Cubi abilities.  Yum.   :mowcookie

Sofox

Weee, bonus DMFA comic!

And I see the part about Abel dislike for complete shapehsifting comes up again...

Whalefreezer

I don't see why you scrapped that one. Its great!
I apologize for this in advanced, but when I saw the file name, well...
http://i.imgur.com/q9trp.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/eJrsC.jpg