10/28/2011 [DMFA #1258] - Meet the Quill

Started by RandomMetaphysics, October 28, 2011, 12:32:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lilpuppy23

Then again, I distinguish gender in the comic based on the corner of each character's eye. Rounded? Male. Pointed? Female. I think the point is the longer eyelash some women have.

OK, new mission:
Check thesis
If correct, apply to Mink (or was his gender confirmed and i didn't found it?)

Quote from: justacritic on October 28, 2011, 11:09:33 AM
Mink's eyes are more of a square though...

I am looking at the corner of Mink's eyes. I see a long eyelash (as in, is pointed).

Therefore, based upon previous observations of Amber's drawing style, I am inclined to believe Mink is female.

Of course, Amber would have to be the last word on that. All is still a theory. Just a rather well supported theory. Like the big bang for example.

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on October 28, 2011, 10:37:54 AM

Maybe she's just trying to preserve night vision in case the lights suddenly go off; I could see that happening in a combat training situation.

Like the Mythbusters Pirate special :D

PS: it was confirmed, eye patches really COULD have been used to keep one eye preserved in night vision for in the dark battles/environments

Ted Schiller

Whatever else may be said of Dan, he respects female fighters.  So there's one mistake he won't be making.   :sword

Of course, if he is a bit of a smart aleck (ya think?) he might say not only can he hold his own, he could do it wearing high heel shoes.   >:3

With regards,
Ted

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Amber Williams on October 28, 2011, 04:55:44 PM
For those who may be confuzzled, a handy dandy guide by me.

Battle Professors:

Expert level:
Quill - Female Cubi (Giraffe with fox markings).  Retired adventurer, member of Taun's clan. Besides teaching she also oversees the entire department and acts as an adviser/counselor to students.

You know, I thought Quill was a combination of giraffe and African Wild Dog.  (the tail and hips certainly were suggestive of wild dog in the mix).  Considering both species' relative strengths, that would be one TRULY formidable opponent, never mind the battle training and experience.

LoneHowler

Quote from: MT Hazard on October 28, 2011, 08:55:28 PM
Check the hips Dan! Won't want to the one who called her 'Sir' by accident.

I work in a field with a uniform and authority. Im also very androgynous. If I get mistakenly called sir, and the person realizes their mistake I'll usually say "It's ok I consider being called 'sir' as a respect for the uniform"  That is if I'm in a good mood.
Yes I know I'm a horrid speller queen of typos but dang it, I'm trying to get better
MY warp aci crappy photoshop I wish I had my tablet working
My Yappty thanks Silver :)
(hmm my sig needs updating. eeeeeh I'll do it later 07/29/06)

Arcblade

In some respect systems, it doesn't matter which gender you are.  You're still called "sir."

Also, I suspect Amber isn't going to tell us what gender Mink is.  I still hold by my theory of octopodes being able to change their genders every couple weeks or so.  Whatever gender Mink is right now, ze might be the other in a few weeks, rendering the question moot. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Arcblade on October 30, 2011, 09:40:16 AM
In some respect systems, it doesn't matter which gender you are.  You're still called "sir."

Also, I suspect Amber isn't going to tell us what gender Mink is.  I still hold by my theory of octopodes being able to change their genders every couple weeks or so.  Whatever gender Mink is right now, ze might be the other in a few weeks, rendering the question moot. 

She told us already. "Squiggly".
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Grey Wolf

Being outside the generally accepted binary, I take "ma'am" and "sir" in stride. I usually just go with it and pretend to be whatever gender they assume I am to avoid the awkwardness. It honestly doesn't bother me, but some people get really embarrassed if they call me a guy/gal and then think I'm a gal/guy.

When it was revealed that Mink wasn't in the perceived binary, I was thrilled!
I think my reaction was: "Another person who knows genderqueer people exist :U!"
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

llearch n'n'daCorna

While I don't wish to rain on your parade, there, and fully support LGBT people in whatever form they happen to be or wish to be, I believe that Mink is physically different. Not even close to Trans, let alone such waffly descriptives as cross-dressing...

Of course, Amber gets to state the law, but until she does, that's my take on it. And you're welcome to disagree, even, since that's my personal view and not any sort of official line...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Grey Wolf

No, no. I would agree that Mink is different than, say, a human man in the body of a woman. Rather, I don't think Mink is in the clear-cut "boy" or "girl" categories.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Mao

I'd just flat out say:  Genderless.  Both physically and mentally.  Mink is a squiggle, and that's the best we'll get and all we really need.

Naldru

Not only is it the best we get and all we need, any more would risk being too much information.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

AmigaDragon

While I believe Mink more closely falls into the "guy" category, I can accept long term ambiguity on the matter in the story, just like Abel's orientation (straight but keeping the perception ambiguous with "not interested").
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen