29/08/2011 [DMFA #1241] - Can't sleep, clowns will eat me.

Started by MT Hazard, August 29, 2011, 10:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MT Hazard

Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

icarus

now them's some sassy sparkles.

and oh god mink that's horrifying
unless the clown bed's feet squeak when you squeeze them...in which case i'm torn between terror and awe.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Sicill

The room is about as quiet as Mink is so I suppose it matches Mink's personality well.
As for the rest of the background halls, they look nice and well done.

icarus

mink always struck me as more of a fluffy bunny kinda squiggle than a clown squiggle...

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

e_voyager

the title of this topic the the words right out of my voice box. i feel for Dan i wouldn't be abut to sleep in a place like that ever and I've fallen asleep standing up before.
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Anker Steadfast

AAAaaahhhh ... CLOWNS !!
CLOWNS EVERYWHERE !!

D:   D:   D:

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

joshofspam

Aaaahhhhh!

Clowns aren't so bad, Just because the movie "It" and "Killer Clowns From Outer Space" ruined them for everyone and they jump around tending to scare the little children with their strange looks and antics....... :rolleyes

I bet when Abel was talking about cubi going to a hospital dressed as a clown, he was referring about Mink.

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Madmann135

Quote from: joshofspam on August 29, 2011, 11:03:52 AM
Aaaahhhhh!

Clowns aren't so bad, Just because the movie "It" and "Killer Clowns From Outer Space" ruined them for everyone and they jump around tending to scare the little children with their strange looks and antics....... :rolleyes

I bet when Abel was talking about cubi going to a hospital dressed as a clown, he was referring about Mink.

I saw "It" at a young age... that forever ruined clowns for me.
I feel for Dan, I would forgo sleep in 2 seconds after seeing that room.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

MT Hazard

I'm beginning to think that cubi must be fundamentally different to being's, even without the psychical need to sleep you would think days, months, years,centuries of continual conciousness would wear a person down, possibly driving them mad. Guess having a short attention span helps.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

techmaster-glitch

Ha. Haaaa. Oh wow.

DMFA's always been funny and has given me many a chuckle and a grin, but that is the first time I have actually laughed out loud at a DMFA update in a long time. It was the expression that sold it. xD

Dard

Wow, this is so much a worst case scenario!

I mean, is it actually possible to get worse?
Maybe a bed made out of steel, a floor covered with green slime and an eternally dripping water-tap.

No, that wouldn't be worse I guess.

KarlOmega1

Dan's afraid of clowns? I did not see that coming...not that I can blame him with the room being decorated like that.

And is that Marx from "Kirby Super Star" hanging at the top of the wall there?

I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Les

In the Jungle, Welcome to the Jungle!

It's gonna bring you Down!
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Liatai

Quote from: KarlOmega1 on August 29, 2011, 01:36:40 PM

And is that Marx from "Kirby Super Star" hanging at the top of the wall there?

I thought that clown looked like Marx, too! xD

... well, that and "Holy crow, Mink lives in Shy Guys' Toybox from Paper Mario, awesome. :U " The music for that level will forever be among my mental theme songs for the squiggly now.

icarus

Quote from: Liatai on August 29, 2011, 02:23:44 PM
... well, that and "Holy crow, Mink lives in Shy Guys' Toybox from Paper Mario, awesome. :U " The music for that level will forever be among my mental theme songs for the squiggly now.

is that the part where about 300 shy guys all run past you going EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
cause that part was adorable

Alondro

"Beep beep!  Hello Dannyboy!  Don't you want your balloon?  They flotat, you know... and YOU'LL float too!  They ALL FLOAAAT!!!!"   :kruger

>:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

thegayhare

one day you know it'll be all over... you'll hear the slap slap slapp of big red shoes,  the eirrie squeak of a robber nose and it'll all go dark

http://youtu.be/a4JzO_0cBDc

they will destroy us all, destroy us all, destroy us all, destroy us all, destroy us all, destroy us all, destroy us all, destroy us all, destroy us all, destroy us all, destroy us all, destroy us all, destroy us all....

FairWage22

I could just see the next line.

"Your mom designed it for me!  It was so kind of her to give me something so happy and bright and clownery!"

Of course, looking at the room, and then realizing what living in it *for centuries* (if not sleeping) might do to a mind...

Another thought, it could explain very well why Mink 'oversleeps' while doing the research for the Cubi Clan leaders.

Couple of other thoughts come to mind.

Could this be a test to see *how nice* Dan really is?  Mink doesn't *seem* to be the sort to do that kind of thing, but squiggle *is* a cubi, after all...

Further,  could it be a test by Fa'lina to see what buttons Dan has to press, since she knows *everything* that happens at SAIA?
For decades I viewed myself as a 'wageslave', captive to whims of others and not realizing that by Naming myself that I *defined* myself.

Now many years older and wiser, I am trying to be the change  I want to see.

joshofspam

I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Infranscia

I think I laughed for ten seconds straight when I read the last panel.  X3

I'm thinking the clown thing may be a reference to this.  In fact, if you think about it, Abel may as well be describing Mink and Aary respectively.

Heh, Mink's got the Jin-clan mark on their door.  I wonder what kind of reason is behind that?  I mean, is it fairly common practice (at least for some clans), or does Mink get special privileges?

...  Woah.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Zedd

justacritic

I believe we must learn to respect and fear the squiggly
but then again who can despise somebody who lives in a room like that?

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Wageslave94 on August 29, 2011, 03:50:54 PM
Could this be a test to see *how nice* Dan really is?  Mink doesn't *seem* to be the sort to do that kind of thing, but squiggle *is* a cubi, after all...

Well, Mink was a bit scared upon first hearing that Dan was Destania's son..He likely never thought/ expected something so 'innocent' as clowns could instill fear in one of Cyra's clan..So yeah, probably just a byproduct of squiggly randomness..

That said, Dan's expression against that background..priceless  :mwaha
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Lurkie

Noshabkeming and Klono defend us, that room... that room!  AIEEEEE!!!  :erk

The last two panels are priceless.  Mink is so happy to be showing off his room, and Dan's reaction is perfect.  Keep this up, Mink, and you'll have him molting.  His feathers are already standing on end.  I've seen his fur stand up, but I think this is a first for the feathers.  I can just see the next comic, after Dan's spent a night or two in That Room.  He'll have a nice, padded room all to himself, next to that other poor fellow.  ("Can't sleep, clowns'll get me... Can't sleep, clowns'll get me...")   >:3
|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Infranscia on August 29, 2011, 04:36:23 PM
Heh, Mink's got the Jin-clan mark on their door.  I wonder what kind of reason is behind that?  I mean, is it fairly common practice (at least for some clans), or does Mink get special privileges?

I'd guess it's probably fairly standard practice. Sort of like having a name tag on the outside of the door.

Quote from: Lurkie on August 30, 2011, 03:35:59 AM
He'll have a nice, padded room all to himself, next to that other poor fellow.  ("Can't sleep, clowns'll get me... Can't sleep, clowns'll get me...")   >:3

I'm sure Jouster will appreciate the company.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lurkie on August 30, 2011, 03:35:59 AM
I can just see the next comic, after Dan's spent a night or two in That Room.  He'll have a nice, padded room all to himself, next to that other poor fellow.  ("Can't sleep, clowns'll get me... Can't sleep, clowns'll get me...")   >:3

Maybe it'll be the kick he needs to quit sleeping.  Then again, I want to see Cyra's face if he connects to her while lying on that bed.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sofox

There's this movie where a kid, having been adopted, is shown his new room which is stacked with clowns of all shapes and sizes.

He sets the room on fire.

Naldru

Quote from: Sofox on August 30, 2011, 09:08:44 AM
There's this movie where a kid, having been adopted, is shown his new room which is stacked with clowns of all shapes and sizes.

He sets the room on fire.
Problem Child?
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

icarus