8/26/2011 [DMFA #1240] - Not even Mink knows his/her Gender

Started by OminousShadow, August 26, 2011, 09:48:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OminousShadow

I find it hilarious that even Mink itself is unsure of its gender and has to check.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

icarus

mink's gender, like his species, is squiggle.

the news under the post is really sad...heart goes out to ben and his family.

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

joshofspam

Mink's still Mink and the wall of text continues till this day. :)

As for Amber's rant, that's sad, sad, news. Rest in peace Ben and best of wishes to his family and friends. :cry
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Alondro

*awws about Ben* 

Well, as far as Mink's gender, even checking will do no good since CUBI ARE SHAPESHIFTERS!!!  Mink may have shifted forms randomly, given that he/she/them/it/Cthulhu is so random in the first place.

I must say, Mink and Pinkie Pie would probably get along frighteningly well... especially since both are so fond of cupcakes... and not THOSE "Cupcakes"!   :erk
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Les

I offer my condolances, as hollow as those are coming from a stranger.   

Before, I just scoffed, Scoff I say!  ..at the idea that Mink's gender could ever be in doubt.   Mink was a Dude.  A very Bishi, Girly, Chick-y dude.. but still, a dude  and any claims otherwise were from less-enlightened souls who could not fathom how something such as The Squiggly could exist in the presence of a Y-chromosome.

Now, after seeing Mink in that second panel... I'm not so sure anymore. 
Long live Space Race, Long live... Molvania!

Gabi

I'm really sorry about Ben too. He was a nice guy. I'm glad that I got to meet him in person, and sorry that he had to go so soon.

As for Mink's gender... perhaps it changes from time to time? That would explain a few things.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Les on August 26, 2011, 12:44:55 PM
Before, I just scoffed, Scoff I say!  ..at the idea that Mink's gender could ever be in doubt.   Mink was a Dude.  A very Bishi, Girly, Chick-y dude.. but still, a dude  and any claims otherwise were from less-enlightened souls who could not fathom how something such as The Squiggly could exist in the presence of a Y-chromosome.
Now, after seeing Mink in that second panel... I'm not so sure anymore. 

It's entirely possible his race has six genders or something.  That said - if you look at Jin, she has breasts, Mink does not.  So I'm going to continue to refer to Mink as 'him' until proven otherwise, if only out of convenience.

On another note, I do wonder if that first line about Mink skipping is the reason he's still in the Academy.  And as for Dan, he's had a few hints that his mother was evil, just in this panel.  More will certainly come as he meets other 'Cubi.  Should be interesting to see, particularly if some of the more evil-oriented 'Cubi try to make friends with him on that basis.

I too met Ben at AC and am saddened to hear he has left us.  Condolences to Amber and his family.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

I'm amused that squiggly's clothing stretches that far.

And yes, as with many others, condolences about Ben.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Icalasari

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 26, 2011, 01:36:59 PMOn another note, I do wonder if that first line about Mink skipping is the reason he's still in the Academy.

I thought Mink meant skipping as in, "I'm skipping along happily. Not walking, not hopping, but skipping!"

And my condolences Amber. Always sad when someone dies :<
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

Tapewolf

Quote from: Icalasari on August 26, 2011, 02:56:38 PM
I thought Mink meant skipping as in, "I'm skipping along happily. Not walking, not hopping, but skipping!"

That's possible.  Though I think skipping may require legs...

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 26, 2011, 03:00:11 PM
Quote from: Icalasari on August 26, 2011, 02:56:38 PM

That's possible.  Though I think skipping may require legs...

Actually, I think Mink would be one of the few characters in "D an M" universe to expect them to want to skip instead of walking somewhere.

Mab and Mink would get along so well. Also she probably has hugging a squiggle's somewhere on her list.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

WojtekPod

Jasonrevall

The loss of a dear friend can't really be fully described by words and a single emotion. My condolences to those who love him and those he loved. I'm so sorry for your loss Amber.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Arcblade

I honestly think anything I could say on the subject of Ben wouldn't adequately convey my feelings.  So I'll just comment that I'm wishing Amber and Ben's family and other friends the best, and leave it at that. 

On the comic:  Mink is octopus-like, right?  Well, maybe ze can change zir gender like an octopus, also.  Ze might easily lose track if that's the case.  I did a bit of internet crawling, and one site said octopi can change their genders once a week, if they feel like it. 

Sofox

I made a post about Ben in the Outer Fortress forum, but even so, I wish the best to Ben and everyone else who he leaves behind. You all have my full sympathy.

Anker Steadfast

Minks gender is one of those things we shall never know the answer to.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

OminousShadow

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on August 26, 2011, 07:40:04 PM
Minks gender is one of those things we shall never know the answer to.

I think the only way for the joke on Mink's gender can be taken any farther is if Jin comes to the big conference at  SAIA and then show's that she can't remember Mink's gender.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

MT Hazard

Can't.Stop.Staring. At. Smiley. Mink. Face.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Stig Hemmer

Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Zedd

The answer is much like the licking towards to the center of a tootsie pop,The world will never know!

And yes..It's sad to see Ben leave so early in his life

lilpuppy23

Quote from: Zedd on August 26, 2011, 11:20:12 PM
The answer is much like the licking towards to the center of a tootsie pop,The world will never know!

I don't like tootsie pops that much so my last count was about 145.

As for the comic, either the text in panel one is blurry or my screen resolution is rubbish.
I am inclined to believe the latter.

Wanderer

Quote from: Zedd on August 26, 2011, 11:20:12 PM
I've done that four times, and got four different answers. No, I don't remember what they were: that was something like 15 years ago.

Ted Schiller

Women all over the world will eschew butterfly tattoos and unicorn tattoos in favor of Mink tattoos.   :kittylove

With regards,
Ted

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: OminousShadow on August 26, 2011, 08:08:34 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on August 26, 2011, 07:40:04 PMMinks gender is one of those things we shall never know the answer to.
I think the only way for the joke on Mink's gender can be taken any farther is if Jin comes to the big conference at  SAIA and then show's that she can't remember Mink's gender.

Yeah, something like that, or he gets the answer from voices in his head ... y'know, crazy voices. :D
I don't think that's very likely though.

Could also be that his clan has more than two genders.
If that's the case, we will probably still never know which one he is ... just .. squiggly. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Saist

question: Ben = TikiMan yes?

Didn't he share booths with Amber at Anthrocon?

Oi... Condolences are extended...

Tapewolf

Sofox

hartree

I wonder if Mink's gender cycles over time. That would explain having to take a look.  :mowsmile
Shoes for industry!

Grey Wolf

I'm sorry for the loss to Ben's friends and family. I'm sure that his soul is at peace, and I hope his loved ones will find a sort of peace soon.

Regarding the comic, I don't think it's only Mink's gender in question here, but also Mink's sex. Two different things that many people get confused. Sex is anatomical; gender is not.
I would guess that since Mink connected boy/girl to physical sex, and that ze has forgotten zir sex, that Mink is gender neutral.
Mink's sex? I have no idea.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

MT Hazard

Its interesting to note that Mink is scared of Destania, she is probably one of only two people Mink actively avoids.

Then again most people who knew her would be a little afraid, even after she has 'mellowed'  she is still willing to punch her son across the room, send him to his (possible) death and plot mass genocide (maybe).

As for Mink's gender confusion my vote goes to 'mythos cubi of alternating gender'
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic)