22/08/2011 [DMFA# 1239] When the adreneline stops flowing...

Started by RobbieThe1st, August 22, 2011, 04:40:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobbieThe1st

You just *knew* that was going to happen. :P

I have to say, panel two's perspective seems new, and looks like it came out very well.  Despite complaining about how /bad/ you are at scenery, you seem to do a pretty decent job.

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I have to agree - the lack of adrenaline would make a big difference.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Stig Hemmer

Looking at Pyroduck in the last panel, now THAT is love! :mowhappy
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

icarus

i'm really digging the little swirls amber is adding to her shading in places now. like on abel's fingers, and on mink's wings in the previous page.

it's such an inane little detail to notice but i really like it. world needs more spirals. more spirals...

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Alondro

Yes, no one at the inn to disturb them... no one to save them should a dragon-hating cubi arrive, seeking revenge.  >:3
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Sicill

Quote from: Alondro on August 22, 2011, 04:08:39 PM
Yes, no one at the inn to disturb them... no one to save them should a dragon-hating cubi arrive, seeking revenge.  >:3
No one except Duckey.

It's probably for the best that Wildy is not entirely predicting things correctly.

joshofspam

Well taking into account how she probably had to wake up to keep Dan's and Abel's shenanigans from destroying the inn, I could see her wanting to retire early.

Heck, with Dan gone, that probably drops the noise down to a nice quite day. Perfect for sleeping in.

Having Ducky there probably drops the threat of people trying to harm Alexsi and would probably throw other dragon's hunting the family of the track. I wonder if Destania already knows about Ducky having access to Bigg's spies?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

MT Hazard

It's interesting that Abel, a cubi would should have more power and knowledge than Dan, has gone from threatening to 'smash the stupid out of him' and chasing him with an axe to actually fearing Dan's retribution.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

justacritic

The last panel's sweet but a little sad too because it brings to my mind being/creature relationships, it's really tragic to know that to the creature the fact that you will most likely outlive the one you care about is quite painful and that being said for the being the thought that you could cause the one you love such pain such as that...

thegayhare

you know with just a little bit of photo shopping on that last panel could really be differnt.  Shift ducky back and down a little bit and wipe out the snores and Wildy would be alot more accurate

Quote from: justacritic on August 22, 2011, 07:30:41 PM
The last panel's sweet but a little sad too because it brings to my mind being/creature relationships, it's really tragic to know that to the creature the fact that you will most likely outlive the one you care about is quite painful and that being said for the being the thought that you could cause the one you love such pain such as that...

I speculated on that and before.  I speculated that one such solution would be for the for the being member of the pairing to go undead.   Amber however has stated there are other magical ways to extend a being's life

Arcblade

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 22, 2011, 07:13:37 PM
It's interesting that Abel, a cubi would should have more power and knowledge than Dan, has gone from threatening to 'smash the stupid out of him' and chasing him with an axe to actually fearing Dan's retribution.

I doubt Abel is seriously afraid of Dan's fury, or he wouldn't have agreed to this whole Pete'Zsa thing.  But it's not like Abel is an unfeeling lump.  Alexi did hire him (and forgive him after he royally screwed up).  He probably does care at least a bit about Alexi's safety.  

Dan is a fully qualified adventurer, and thus a force to be reckoned with, but I think I recall Abel throwing him into a wall once ("Too much inertia there... meet the wall" *WHUD* "Ugh... you fight like my mom...").  Hunting it down now...   (15 minutes later...)  Found it!

Quote from: thegayhare on August 22, 2011, 07:57:56 PM
you know with just a little bit of photo shopping on that last panel could really be differnt.  Shift ducky back and down a little bit and wipe out the snores and Wildy would be alot more accurate

I definitely saw it the wrong way first.  But that's just 'cause my vision's wonky. 

RJ

Oh Alexsi... I know that feeling. :B

Quote from: icarus on August 22, 2011, 12:40:53 PM
i'm really digging the little swirls amber is adding to her shading in places now. like on abel's fingers, and on mink's wings in the previous page.

it's such an inane little detail to notice but i really like it. world needs more spirals. more spirals...

Noooo, not again, not the spirals. Why you remind me of this?!

Turnsky

Quote from: icarus on August 22, 2011, 12:40:53 PM

that thing's nightmare fuel.  :erk

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 22, 2011, 07:13:37 PM

Maybe he should send Dan status updates every 30 minutes.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

don't forget that Dan's got more combat experience than Abel.  that and i'm fairly sure that it hasn't occurred to anybody here that if anything did happen to alexsi, Dan would be to least of anybody's worries...

Destania, anybody?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on August 23, 2011, 06:25:24 AM
don't forget that Dan's got more combat experience than Abel.  that and i'm fairly sure that it hasn't occurred to anybody here that if anything did happen to alexsi, Dan would be to least of anybody's worries...
Destania, anybody?

It's very hard to tell how she'd react, given that she knowingly sent Dan into a situation that nearly led to his death.  That and, unless there's something we don't know about Alexsi, Destania is liable to outlive her many times over anyway.  And we don't really know what her current attitude is towards Abel these days - IMHO it looks like she's written him off as mostly useless, but we don't honestly have a clue.  She's very hard to read.

I can imagine her going after Pyroduck on account of his race.  Unless Abel caused it, I'm not sure she'd necessarily target him in the same way Dan has threatened to, unless her plan is to kill all bystanders (Jyras, Lorenda, the rats) in order to keep Alexsi company.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

icarus

kellyn: it's like being a secret agent, outside we look perfectly normal. no giant metal faces or tattooed eyes or mohawks. BUT. SECRETLY. DRAWING RAINBOW MONSTERS AND ROOOOLE PLAAAAAYING oh the shame oh the humanity, and man i know so many more cool people now wtf is that

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Turnsky on August 23, 2011, 12:16:57 AM
Quote from: icarus on August 22, 2011, 12:40:53 PMworld needs more spirals. more spirals...
that thing's nightmare fuel.  :erk

Still waiting for some proper high octane nightmare fuel.

What can I say, if it's done well, it rocks. :)
Like in Elfen Lied - Not a single character had a normal life ... not one !

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.