15/08/2011 [DMFA #1238] - Mmm-Hmmm

Started by Tapewolf, August 15, 2011, 10:01:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Well, Mink doesn't seem to have changed....

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anker Steadfast

Aww, look at them headwings fluttering.  :D

.. and Dan still hides his headwings, I wonder if that will change during his stay in the academy ?
The other cubi might think him weird for not having them out.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

e_voyager

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 15, 2011, 10:01:17 AM
Well, Mink doesn't seem to have changed....
cubi rarely seem seem to. but oh my is Dan catching on quick today
I thank Silver Fox and Tiger_T for the wonderful Yappies.  all around the universe powers learned to hiss and curse at this, my creation but am i real or pure creation?
 I'm never where i was, rarely where i want to be, but always were i am needed.
 this world is not my own. but some how i wish that i could belong. Blame It On Boxey

Stig Hemmer

Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on August 15, 2011, 10:12:24 AM
.. and Dan still hides his headwings, I wonder if that will change during his stay in the academy ?
The other cubi might think him weird for not having them out.

The gryphon at the back doesn't have any.  Though they could conceivably be a regular gryphon.

Shachza

And now back to your regularly scheduled Saia programming:  "When Squiggles Attack 13."
            <-- #1 that is!

joshofspam

I wonder if Mink is part Limpet? :3

But it looks like Fa'lina chose a less occupied section to teleport Dan into Saia.

I wonder if Abel's ribbing was a jab of him just getting over Jyras. Mink might be very much like Abel in those regards, but Mink's more affectionate personality might grind on Dan for encroaching on his personal space.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

DavidRokon

Quote from: joshofspam on August 15, 2011, 10:52:51 AM
Mink might be very much like Abel in those regards, but Mink's more affectionate personality might grind on Dan for encroaching on his personal space.

I'm fairly sure he's used to it considering miss big fluffy and purple often doing much the same thing to anyone she happens to come across.

Dard

More and more getting the impression that Fa'Lina is enjoying this way too much!
Can't blame her though.

I expect Dan to renew his query on the academy's supply of crowbars.

techmaster-glitch

Ghostwish

Yes, watching Liatai explode into Mink-fu was quite entertaining. You can't help but love that squiggly giggly wiggly.

Tapewolf

Interesting that most of the characters are in pairs.

justacritic

My goodness it seems that Mink is wearing PANTS or more accurately shorts.
Amber's getting better at scenery at least

Liatai

Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink!!!  :cvheart :cvheart :cvheart :tighthug

Also, I spy a Seme clan member. :3

nevwyn

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Lurkie

Yay Mink!  The squigglie is back!  Good to see that some things don't change.

Fa'Lina certainly seems happy to have gotten Dan into SAIA at last (and of his own free will, at that), but I get the impression that she's happy to show off the place, as well.  With perhaps a certain justifiable pride in her Academy.

BTW, the last two panels really show how tall she is.  I'm not sure how tall Dan would be in real-world terms (5' 10" [178 cm], maybe?) but Fa'Lina's a lot taller.  What a basketball player she'd make!  :D

|  Space   ||   Space  ||  It's Hard  ||  A Place  ||  Burma  |
|  is Big  ||  is Dark ||   to Find   ||  to Park  ||  Shave  |

Alondro

Quote from: Liatai on August 15, 2011, 11:56:30 AM
Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiink!!!  :cvheart :cvheart :cvheart :tighthug

Also, I spy a Seme clan member. :3

She's walking down the street,
Near the Cubi clan of broken dreams.

While the Beings sleep,
Fa'lina with no clan must walk alone...

*aww, I meant it to be funny, but it's sad!*   :cry
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zen

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 15, 2011, 11:47:44 AM

I guess they also are new studants and they are with they respective guides.... or maybe this is just a coincidence.

D'ymkarra

Aaaaaaand the Mink goes mainstream! <3

Quote from: Zen on August 15, 2011, 04:11:25 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 15, 2011, 11:47:44 AM

I guess they also are new studants and they are with they respective guides.... or maybe this is just a coincidence.

I'd say that's a distinct possibility..They seem to be in some sort of central meeting area   :)
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Sicill

I wonder exactly how common the warp aci are at SAIA? They'd shown up in the previous time we saw the academy and there is a bunch of them floating around now...

thegayhare

man seeing Mink again makes me want to ear wrestle him even more.

I bet my ear tenticals are stronger then his head ones.   

*giggles*

I missed mink he's so cute

lilpuppy23

For some reason I half expected Mink to have some sort of big scar running down his/her face. Give a little bit of mystery for the passage of time, you know?

joshofspam

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on August 16, 2011, 12:40:42 AM
For some reason I half expected Mink to have some sort of big scar running down his/her face. Give a little bit of mystery for the passage of time, you know?

Eh, passage of time can be shown in different ways besides manly scars.

You can have embarrassing flashbacks of Mink and Abel getting into trouble and I have no doubt Dan will be adding to the stories Mink will be able to tell other new comers. I see Mink as quite the little chatter box. :3

Lot's of background text was one of Minks specialities in the Abel stories.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Wanderer

I love the color patterns Amber comes up with for her Cubi.

Ganurath

I can't help but imagine what this thread would be like, given Abel's description of Mink, if the vote on the backstory arc had gone differently.
NGGYU NGLYD NGRAADY NGMYC NGSG NGTALAHY

Arcblade

Mink!  <3

I'm almost as happy to see Mink as Mink is to see Dan.  ^_^

Sicill:  Given this, I'm guessing there are a lot of them at SAIA.  

In conclusion, yay Mink!  

Edit:  I... just realized that robe isn't covering Dan's back, except for around his neck area.  I am confused.  I'd assumed it was a whole-body thing with slits for the wings. 

Attic Rat

As empty as the halls are, and as leisurely the students, Saia must be holding classes at the moment. Other images have shown the rush between classes, when it's "everyone for yourself!" I'd guess they're in pairs for the same reason we humans tend to do that whenever we have a spare moment. We love to talk.

Mink seems even more Mink than before, which I wouldn't have thought possible.

Dan's threat? I think he was serious. He's a Cubi in early development, with overactive emotions kicking in. I'd hope that doesn't become too much of a plot complication, but this is an AmberComic. She hasn't botched anything yet.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Sicill

Quote from: Arcblade on August 16, 2011, 07:41:04 PM
I... just realized that robe isn't covering Dan's back, except for around his neck area.  I am confused.  I'd assumed it was a whole-body thing with slits for the wings. 

It looks like it's been that way for a while. While there were a few side glances in the earlier comics, near as I can tell the first time you can actually see his back was: here.