16/07/2011 [PF #179] A friend with a magic touch.

Started by joshofspam, July 16, 2011, 05:03:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

I guess being a friend of a tri-wing proves friendship is magic, huh? :P

Already showing of his powers. Here's hoping this isn't the end of his town foolery. The ones written in the story were quite amusing to read. :giggle
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Madmann135

The reason why I like Daryil is not because he is a loon but because he is a loony nice guy.
I mean how many demi-gods do not ask for worship and go around healing the injured... or go around cosplaying as Jesus.

I absolutely adore panel 4 (hay that rhymed).
Page: "OK what's going on."
Panther (presumed R-Mac) and Dorcan: "Wasn't there a door here a second ago" *falls*

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Chakat Blackspots

I'm gonna assume that Dorcan's never been around a tri-wing before?  Also, I noticed that Daryl's hair is back to being yellow again after being white in the last panel of the last page.

Also, I think the Panther might be the cheetah guy.  Of course I could be wrong.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Daniel Boomhauer on July 17, 2011, 10:09:11 AM
I'm gonna assume that Dorcan's never been around a tri-wing before?  Also, I noticed that Daryl's hair is back to being yellow again after being white in the last panel of the last page.
Yeah, he only did that to intimidate Keaton.  Intimidating Dorcan isn't the idea.
As for Dorcan and tri-wings, he has had a SAIA education, but aside from that, no.  More of Dorcan's background will be revealed in the second half of this chapter, and the start of the following one.

QuoteAlso, I think the Panther might be the cheetah guy.  Of course I could be wrong.

It is Mac, actually.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Gabi

What's the triangular panel? Nevermind, I got it, but it took me a while.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Cogidubnus

It appears that at some point Dariyl's Jesus garb has turned into tight leather pants. Perhaps they are a prerequisite for his activating his full, godlike triwing powers?

joshofspam

I just thought of something weird, in the second to last panel I found myself wondering why Daryil hadn't colored his heal beam in the shades of a rainbow?

We talking about Daryil here. Why should he be restrained to one pallet of color when using heal beams? Heck, why settle for a beam?

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on July 17, 2011, 12:49:54 PM
We talking about Daryil here. Why should he be restrained to one pallet of color when using heal beams? Heck, why settle for a beam?

It's the colour of his clan mark.  And the beam is more visually interesting.  Originally Ren drew something like a gunshot.

Quote from: Cogidubnus on July 17, 2011, 12:36:07 PM
It appears that at some point Dariyl's Jesus garb has turned into tight leather pants. Perhaps they are a prerequisite for his activating his full, godlike triwing powers?

Previous page.  I told Ren in the spec that Daryil should have changed into something else, but I didn't specify what - so he drew the Goth pants again and I went with it.

Quote from: Gabi on July 17, 2011, 12:06:59 PM

Yeah, it looked better in B/W.

Gabi

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 17, 2011, 01:07:47 PM
Quote from: Gabi on July 17, 2011, 12:06:59 PM

Yeah, it looked better in B/W.
Maybe some shading would help. To make it easier to tell what's fur, what's feather, what's fabric and what's background.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Cogidubnus

QuotePrevious page.  I told Ren in the spec that Daryil should have changed into something else, but I didn't specify what - so he drew the Goth pants again and I went with it.

Oh, I figured it was intentional. I just like the idea of Dariyl's magic being pants-based (By the power of FABULOUS PANTS, I smite thee!). I will keep Sunblink's theory on the true source of Dariyl's power to myself, however.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Cogidubnus on July 17, 2011, 06:27:28 PM
Oh, I figured it was intentional. I just like the idea of Dariyl's magic being pants-based (By the power of FABULOUS PANTS, I smite thee!). I will keep Sunblink's theory on the true source of Dariyl's power to myself, however.

... Compression?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 18, 2011, 09:24:17 AM
Quote from: Cogidubnus on July 17, 2011, 06:27:28 PM

... Compression?

With those hot pants I'd add Friction as well as Compression.

Though I'm reminded of country novelty song about dancing with their pants to tight whenever the topic of Daryil's tight hot pants come up. But Daryil does have the figure to pull it off without looking like his legs will fall off in a week from loss of blood flow.

It's rather amazing just how laid back Daryil is taking it right now. Even when you take into account how Jacob thought he finally went of the deep end finally when he realized it was Daryil who pulled them all out of the fryer. I wonder if this is the smallest power trip a tri-wing has gone through after Ascension?

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's still a massive power trip. He's just extremely laid-back all the time.

Tapewolf

Nothing from Ren yet.  We'll update when we can, but obviously it's going to depend on him being able to send me the lines.  Hopefully tomorrow, but Monday seems more likely now.

Ren Gaulen

Writing tris from my work place. Net connection at home is still down as of this morning. Let's hope they will finally fix it today. I'm sorry for the delay of the comic, everyone. :(

llearch n'n'daCorna

Don't be, really. It's not a big deal at all.

.. And anyone who thinks it is can bite the wax tadpole. ;-]

joshofspam

Don't worry Ren.

Daryil's continued power trip alone is worth waiting for.

So I can definitely wait till your Internet comes back. ;)

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 25, 2011, 12:11:09 PM

That's an expression I've not heard before. DO you have any idea where/how it originated?
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

Inumo

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on July 25, 2011, 10:55:41 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 25, 2011, 12:11:09 PM

That's an expression I've not heard before. DO you have any idea where/how it originated?

I think it was some translation of Coca-Cola into Chinese, or something.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Inumo on July 26, 2011, 12:24:01 AM

I'll admit I've never seen it used the way llearch did.

Quote from: Gabi on July 17, 2011, 01:49:17 PM
Maybe some shading would help. To make it easier to tell what's fur, what's feather, what's fabric and what's background.

I never did reply to this - I tried it but there were two problems, firstly my brain locked up trying to calculate the shading for a brightly-lit office, and when I had got something, it looked even worse that before :-/

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Inumo on July 26, 2011, 12:24:01 AM
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on July 25, 2011, 10:55:41 PM

Apparently translating the phrase "coca-cola" into Chinese, depending on intonation, translates as either "the wax-fattened mare" or "bite the wax tadpole"; whilst this is amusing, broad satirical vistas, as it were, fail to eventuate. Hence the lack of a more complete parody.

According to snopes, this is only partly true, sadly. Pepsi has a similar, albeit slightly different story.

My reason for using it was I didn't want to bring profanity into it, and there remains the possibility that the intended target might take advantage of suggestions like "bite my hairy rear" to, well, do so. And that wasn't something I wanted to bring into it. Hence... *grin*