What's that? New Shirts for Pre-order?

Started by Damaris, May 30, 2011, 02:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damaris

On the off chance you missed the rant, be sure to take a look at the...

Not one, but TWO new DMFA shirts that are available for pre-order.  We are taking pre-orders both for pickup at Anthrocon, as well as for shipping following the convention.

If you will be asking for shipping, you'll get to talk to peppy ol' me!  If you're picking up at AC, then feel free to place your order at any time.

Pre-orders are only open until June 6 (so that we can get the order to the printer on time), so don't delay!

PREORDERS ARE NOW CLOSED.  Thank you everyone, for your interest!

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Tapewolf

It looks like you're expecting people to specify what they want during paypal checkout.
This may be a problem as Paypal no longer allows you send a message.   Or at least, it won't let me do that anymore.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Damaris

I've had a few people include it somehow, but I'm not familiar enough with the interface to troubleshoot.

I sent you an e-mail. ;-)

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber

Tapewolf

Quote from: Damaris on May 30, 2011, 02:55:03 PM
I've had a few people include it somehow, but I'm not familiar enough with the interface to troubleshoot.

They seem to have redesigned it a few weeks back, since then I've never had an option to do this.  Can't find any way to turn it on or off, and Paypal's help - well, it didn't.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

nevwyn

Kira really needs to chose her words more carefully, so many snarky responses... most of which would likely get me killed though.  :mowdizzy

Zorro

Are the Glow Rat shirts Glow In The Dark?

Damaris

Oh, how we wish they were.  Sadly, glow-in-the-dark ink was cost prohibitive, so we were not able to do it.

But we totally asked.

Darkmoon

From what the printers were saying, glow in the dark ink would make the base costs for the shirt something like $25 a pop for the shirt and ink. Then you would have had to slap their own handling fees on it, not to mention Amber's own percentage on top (since it would be good for the artist to make money), and you ended up with a shirt few of us could afford.

We would have had to charge people just to look at it. "The glow, it's so beautiful..."
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

... I'd pay that to glow in the dark. ;-]

If only so I could charge people to look at my shirt.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

killpurakat

Just a thought, but you could order the shirt and use a glow-in-the-dark paint over it (very carefully of course) to make it glow. Heck, you could even make it a different color (such as hot-pink Fi, or orange Fi, or multi-color Fi, if you get a sampler pack).

This isn't too expensive for those daring enough to try to trace Amber's design:
http://glonation.com/pigmented-glow-paint.html

Could do the same with Kria (glow-in-the-dark outlined Demon Mare, for emphasizing the fact that Kria can get you even with the lights out).

llearch n'n'daCorna

Now, there's an idea. I wonder if you can make it glow in two different colours - one in the light, one in the dark?

Damaris

Now I'm getting ideas for my shirt.

Yay, GLITTER!

Amber Williams

We could do a special unofficial DMFA craft panel. Bring your glue and glitter folks. :U

llearch n'n'daCorna

killpurakat

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on June 02, 2011, 09:46:16 AM
... glittery wiku worms? Hrm.

What kinds of things would you catch with glittery, glowy wiku worms... DMFA fans?  >:]

Quote from: Amber Williams on June 02, 2011, 08:05:35 AM
We could do a special unofficial DMFA craft panel. Bring your glue and glitter folks. :U

Darn! I wish I could be there! Take pics, please, if it happens!

D'ymkarra

Quote from: killpurakat on June 01, 2011, 10:09:53 PM
Just a thought, but you could order the shirt and use a glow-in-the-dark paint over it (very carefully of course) to make it glow. Heck, you could even make it a different color (such as hot-pink Fi, or orange Fi, or multi-color Fi, if you get a sampler pack).

Could do the same with Kria (glow-in-the-dark outlined Demon Mare, for emphasizing the fact that Kria can get you even with the lights out).

I'd think Kria doesn't need any embellishment, her colors are bold enough on their own; As for Fi, making a true glow-rat shirt would be a work of art in its' own right...Shall I bring brushes?
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Maark30

Maybe bring some puff paint and lighting inserts to bring out the glow effects
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

llearch n'n'daCorna

It occurs to me that the more expensive shirts (you know, the GITD ones) could be organised by stating a minimum number, cost per, and pre-orders.

Not sure if the mercantile overlords can manage that, but it'd resolve the issue of being able to afford them, no?

Edit: *moves from one thread to another*

Damaris

Our vendor didn't even give us a quote because it was so expensive ;) 

Maark30

Quote from: Damaris on June 03, 2011, 07:55:36 PM
Our vendor didn't even give us a quote because it was so expensive ;) 

Now that is a frightening thing to happen.  That is like asking your doctor how long you have to live and him going "Dont worry about your dinner getting cold."   :mowdizzy
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

llearch n'n'daCorna

Let me put it this way. I'd be willing to part with maybe $50 for a shirt that glows in the dark.

Edit: Especially if it's a limited release.

Gabi

Quote from: Zorro on May 31, 2011, 01:27:22 AM
Are the Glow Rat shirts Glow In The Dark?
I was going to ask something along those lines, but in a different way:

Does the Fi shirt glown in the dark?

I don't think it would be worth it, though. Just an MS Paint Adventures reference.

Also, I can't make out the size chart! >_< But if it's the same as AnthroCon T-Shirts, then I'm an S. I really don't know if I should order small or medium, though. I've used an inch to centimeter converter and my measures seem to be in-between those two. Why does the bust have to be smaller than the hip? O_o
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Damaris

Having met you, and after discussion in the household, we think that a medium would be better for you in a girl's cut.  In the unisex cut, it will be very similar to the shirts last year.

We can get something figured out :)

Gabi

Alright! Thanks! I've completed my order. Transaction ID: 02T99640ST3719057. If you're missing any information, you know how to reach me. I think you know my real name and my badge name already. :D

Oh, and I'll be picking it up at AC, you don't have to ship it to Argentina.  :U
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Damaris

Just as a point of clarification for people - the Kria shirt is something that can be offered normally in the store, but Fi is not.  We will have a limited run of Fi at the convention, and then will be selling that until it's gone. People who are waiting until later to order might miss out on their desired size/cut.  There is potential for another order opportunity at a later date, but we don't have a timeline (or a guarantee) for that at this time.

Preorders are open for about 7 more hours, just FYI!

VAE

makes me wonder, will they be sold by shipment as well, or only at AC? (the Fi shirts i mean)
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Damaris

We are preselling shirts for shipping as well.

VAE

aw crap... missed the end of preorders (second exam ended 1/2 hour ago)
Oh well, remains to hope the XL and higher sizes won't disappear fast.

EDIT: Problem solved! Thanks, Damaris!
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth