04/22/2011 [DMFA #1212] - Ninja Skills

Started by RandomMetaphysics, April 22, 2011, 01:47:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

Huh... so it IS a dream-world/chat-room thing they're in. Neat.

On another note, I must say that Dan is showing a terrible lack of manners and respect for his grandmother :<
Cyra may be big, she may be silent, but she is family...

Techcubi

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on April 22, 2011, 01:47:58 AM

On another note, I must say that Dan is showing a terrible lack of manners and respect for his grandmother :<
Cyra may be big, she may be silent, but she is family...

Well, don't forget, she may soon cause her grandson to jump out of his skin at this rate. XD

CoyoteCaliente

Well if it's anything like my family then they should have some pretty good humor about it. I'm a couple feet taller than my grandmum and she's always calling me 'shorty' as I look over her saying, "Huh! Where'd Mema go I can't see her at all..."

Family's for for having fun and being silly with. And I'm certain Crya is taking it all in stride. ^_^
I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

And do not tell your daddy how to ----.

Aadarm

They get along much better than my family. Lol

Blackwolf359

Humor is required when children are involved. Without it parents would kill their kids inside of thirty seconds. Cyra should be able to put up with Dan freaking out over her ability to sneak up on him (I would not be surprised if she was doing it on purpose :mowninja ).
If someone pushes you into the abyss...Jump and grab them so they can race you to the bottom :P

POODLE! That is all.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Blackwolf359 on April 22, 2011, 05:00:40 AM
Humor is required when children are involved. Without it parents would kill their kids inside of thirty seconds. Cyra should be able to put up with Dan freaking out over her ability to sneak up on him (I would not be surprised if she was doing it on purpose :mowninja ).

My 2p? She's doing it on purpose. And will stop, for the moment... except for every so often, just to wind him up. ;-]

Heck, I can see her making noise where she isn't, just to mess with his head. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

MT Hazard

I'm beginning to wonder what's up with Cyra's blank eyes, while it does emphasize where 'other-worldliness' it seems a bit odd for a clan who's trait is eye color.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 22, 2011, 06:30:31 AM
I'm beginning to wonder what's up with Cyra's blank eyes, while it does emphasize where 'other-worldliness' it seems a bit odd for a clan who's trait is eye color.

Traits may not necessarily affect the leader.  That said, I'm assuming the glowing eyes are an artifact of the mental link with Dan, rather than how her eyes look naturally.

EDIT: She does indeed have green eyes in her Clan Leader bio.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Nixie

Gee, I wish my grandma were a five story tall ninja cubi. What are you whining about, Dan?! At least she isn't commanding you to make her some great grandchildren.
I'm the artist of Anthronauts.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Nixie on April 22, 2011, 10:22:52 AM
Gee, I wish my grandma were a five story tall ninja cubi. What are you whining about, Dan?! At least she isn't commanding you to make her some great grandchildren.

That could be the least of his worries.  We still don't know if Cyra's outlook on life is closer to that of Destania's attitude ('Beings make a handy source of souls, this is how to rape and murder them most effectively') or Dan's attitude ('Beings are people who need to be protected from monsters').

joshofspam

I would be of the opinion that this might even be something she was once all to familiar with.

It is amazingly peaceful from a mindset you might think you could get from the mind that was the lynch pin that started the Cubi-Dragon wars. Which might be for both their benefit.

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 22, 2011, 10:49:50 AM
Quote from: Nixie on April 22, 2011, 10:22:52 AM

That could be the least of his worries.  We still don't know if Cyra's outlook on life is closer to that of Destania's attitude ('Beings make a handy source of souls, this is how to rape and murder them most effectively') or Dan's attitude ('Beings are people who need to be protected from monsters').

Too be fair, being the the cause of the war, the ascension to tri-wing status, and losing a lot of her family can probably be very traumatic and effect her in a few different ways. The fact that she might not need to eat souls anymore to extend her life could also effect her outlook on other races. Once Food could be more looked as a pet or even to some degree as another child. Remember Taun's clan adopted a being into their ranks. Though each clan does have their own view on life.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Infranscia

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 22, 2011, 07:02:30 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on April 22, 2011, 06:30:31 AMI'm beginning to wonder what's up with Cyra's blank eyes, while it does emphasize where 'other-worldliness' it seems a bit odd for a clan who's trait is eye color.

Traits may not necessarily affect the leader.  That said, I'm assuming the glowing eyes are an artifact of the mental link with Dan, rather than how her eyes look naturally.

EDIT: She does indeed have green eyes in her Clan Leader bio.

Yeah, the white eyes thing seems to be a general mind-link/dream-link type of thing.  Destania also did it when she pretended to be Devin in Abel's dream (aaand her eyes also appear to be glowing).  I'm guessing Dan's are blue partly because he's doing this willingly and/or that he had something to do with starting the connection.  Not to mention the clan-link thing.  Or it could just be the link... Eh.

I'm kind of curious as to why Cyra isn't making any sound when she moves.  I'm thinking it's either because of projection + hasn't communicated for awhile, or because of some connection with her apparent ability to magically hide things.

I don't know how to explain it, but there's something I like about panel 2.  :mowsmile  Something about them being close together watching the 'sun.'  Panel 3 is also nice with the added bonus of Dan's reaction + wings. X3
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Alondro

Hey Grandma, where are we?

The sandy beach in space from "Contact" my child.

Ohhhhhhh!

;)
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Ryy Lazurus

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 22, 2011, 10:49:50 AM
That could be the least of his worries.  We still don't know if Cyra's outlook on life is closer to that of Destania's attitude ('Beings make a handy source of souls, this is how to rape and murder them most effectively') or Dan's attitude ('Beings are people who need to be protected from monsters').

I think her attitude is neither. I think it's more likely she has decided to bow out of mundane affairs due to her godlike status. I think Dan is the only one she would talk to because he's her Grandson. She most likely avoid everyone else (I don't think she a murderer for some strange reason).

I could very well be utterly wrong, but this is how it seems to me.

OminousShadow

Now what do I wanna imagine Cyra as? A old school stealthy ninja who can't be detected or seen even if she is that damn big, or in the middle of a base full of dragons on a stealth mission using a box as a disguise?
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

lilpuppy23

Quote from: OminousShadow on April 22, 2011, 02:58:13 PM
Now what do I wanna imagine Cyra as? A old school stealthy ninja who can't be detected or seen even if she is that damn big, or in the middle of a base full of dragons on a stealth mission using a box as a disguise?

Wait a sec... are you talking about Solid Snake by any chance?

Also, she'd need a very large box if she was to do that.
A modified shipping container perhaps?

Anker Steadfast

She's a shapeshifter, she could fit in a small box if she wanted to, I'm sure of it. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Sienna Maiu - M T

o/` Ninja Grandma~ o/`
Sneaking around in your dreams and knowing what your physical surroundings look like~

So, thoughts; she is overcompensating, because she physically makes a quite a bit of noise when she moves (*snrk* not likely. I mean, they do seem to be a ninja clan, what with Cyra's ability to hide and whatnot.); her eyes aren't like that because of magic... she's actually gone blind! D: (*snicker*);  :dotdotdot I've got nothing else.

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on April 22, 2011, 01:47:58 AM
Well... of course it was.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

OminousShadow

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on April 22, 2011, 03:40:53 PM
Quote from: OminousShadow on April 22, 2011, 02:58:13 PM

Wait a sec... are you talking about Solid Snake by any chance?

Also, she'd need a very large box if she was to do that.
A modified shipping container perhaps?

Yes I am. Solid Snake is a modern day ninja imo.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

AndersW

So when is Pyroduck going to check out what that noise was.

And will Cyra notice that there is a dragon in the same room as her grandson?

MT Hazard

Quote from: AndersW on April 22, 2011, 05:09:59 PM

And will Cyra notice that there is a dragon in the same room as her grandson?

Alexsi probably told him to ignore it, given how used to Dan's oddities she is.

Regarding warning about the dragon; If Cyra is in contact with Fa'lina she might have given a heads up, also Dest and Pyro (probably) know each other, maybe Cyra knows him though her daughter.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: AndersW on April 22, 2011, 05:09:59 PM
Maybe at a totally inopportune time, maybe never.

QuoteAnd will Cyra notice that there is a dragon in the same room as her grandson?
Most definitely.
(but, she may just know what his room looks like because it was in his thoughts.)

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 22, 2011, 06:05:42 PM
also Dest and Pyro (probably) know each other
And I'm pretty sure that Pyro has never even been to the Academy, aside for perhaps when he was still an infant. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1070.php
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

joshofspam

Cyra might not know Ducky, but it has been hinted that Destinia has given Ducky one of her feathers. http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_1059.php

This could mean many things, but I'm inclined to believe that Destinia gave that as a form of exclusion from her planned extermination of the dragon race. For as far as I know Ducky might not have the mind set to be considered an actual Dragon by Destinia's standards.

Though it is possible that Destinia and Ducky got into a fight and the feather is something left behind.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Oh the fun ramifications which are scattered about here.

I'm actually getting rather excited.
my art thread

Maark30

As far as Dest's feelings toward Pyro as a dragon you must remember one thing... He would have no love of Dragons.  His own father considered him one of his dead children after all.  And Falina's raising him, as it was, gave him a complete clean slate on how to act and how to live.  He will follow no path but his own.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Madd the Sane

And next update will show her shrunk to Dan's size just to make him comfortable.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Attic Rat

If Pyroduck went downstairs, he'd find Dan lying unconscious on his bed in an otherwise unoccupied room. He'd probably assume Dan had been knocked out by some impact, and might try to wake him. Whether he and Cyra would see each other is... questionable.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Naldru

Quote from: Madd the Sane on April 23, 2011, 12:27:57 PM
And next update will show her shrunk to Dan's size just to make him comfortable.
Or she could just shrink to the size of a mouse just to make him uncomfortable and mess with his head.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on April 23, 2011, 08:48:07 PM
Or she could just shrink to the size of a mouse just to make him uncomfortable and mess with his head.

Depends how much she wants her grandson to talk to her in future, I guess.

Anker Steadfast

Still, she must be somewhat excited to finally communicate with someone. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.