04/11/2011 [DMFA #1209] - Through the... floor

Started by CoyoteCaliente, April 11, 2011, 12:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoyoteCaliente

I lol'd at this.

...hard.

Also, I managed to make a comic thread. Yay me. I'll just chalk it up to the fact that Amber updated a bit early and I am obsessive about my webcomics and are constantly checking them managed to stumble on the update.

Edit: Fixed your topic. There are standards, you know.
  -- llearch
I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

And do not tell your daddy how to ----.

Infranscia

Quote from: CoyoteCaliente on April 11, 2011, 12:32:28 AMI lol'd at this.

...hard.

Same. X3  I'd say I laughed for a good, oh, fifteen seconds or so.  Just... the whole thing.  Every single panel.  Wiiin.  :mowhappy

I see Cyra's just as big as ever.  Maybe even bigger.  And she's got these flower-ornament things in her hair.  Pretty.  :mowsmile

I have to wonder whether or not Dan's still connected with a mental jerk + physical bump like that.  Either way, looking forward to probably-head-related funny. (=
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

CoyoteCaliente

This comic was a nice bit of silly/random mixed with some well portrayed slap-stick. I really liked it.  :3
I'm just a little bit... Aiene, Geisteskrank, Insano, Elnebajos, Vansinnig, Fou, Atamagaokashii, Gek, Dolzinnig, Hullu, Gila, Meschuge, Nebun, Dement... INSANE.

And do not tell your daddy how to ----.

techmaster-glitch

Heeheehee. Dan singing that tune with the adorable smile on his face is so cute--

!
!!!
!!!!!
LUCHEEK CAMEO? :O Awesome! :mowhappy

Sienna Maiu - M T

I have nothing constructive to add. :|

That being said, just wanted to say that I love the flow of Dan's wings and the layout of the comic and use of a different scene to both convey the severity of the damage and to avoid showing the related violence (is it still as funny with an overly cartoon reaction, degrading the overall art? *suddenly! chibis everywhere!*). Also loved the reactions in the last panel and Cyra's hair ornaments (swirly~).  haw. love the singing aspect too. (Cyra may well have gotten a kick out of it too; prerequisite singing and embarrassment perhaps?)

And something else which I meant to say... >.>

Oh hey, new post interfering with my posting... I just remembered the other thing.
I was barely containing my snickering earlier as I read this comic.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Codyray1

Hehe, anyone else starting saying what Dan did in a singsong voice? I think I got it down just about perfectly, just that last line that throws me off, 2 syllables shorter! :mowdizzy
Heh, oh well, it sounds funny as hell if you do say it.

Madmann135

Dan did call a 'godess' who has not had any outside contact in centuries... other than Dan.  It's only fare that she was excited in 'picking up the phone.'
Still Able getting hit by the fallout was funny... I think that was Able.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

DavidRokon

Dan's wings are now a mustache, I can't unsee it.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Dorkifyme!

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on April 11, 2011, 12:47:52 AM
Heeheehee. Dan singing that tune with the adorable smile on his face is so cute--

!
!!!
!!!!!
LUCHEEK CAMEO? :O Awesome! :mowhappy

i agree that it was adorable!!!
ahh the good childhood memories of that song...  :3

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Dorkifyme! on April 11, 2011, 02:05:26 AM
ahh the good childhood memories of that song...  :3

All I can seem to remember is at least a couple times of hanging out in the showers at the YMCA after swimming with my preschool class... and maybe at my birthday parties.
my art thread

iceick

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 11, 2011, 02:01:48 AM
Quote from: DavidRokon on April 11, 2011, 01:56:15 AM
Dan's wings are now a mustache, I can't unsee it.
Conversely, I didn't see it.
I saw it after taking a second look.  :mwaha Cyra with a mustache. XD

Anker Steadfast

Heh, Dan singing the Name Game to Cyra's name was adorable. :D
I think Cyra probably enjoyed that, considering her timing.

She makes quite an impression too.
Not quite a "dynamic entrance", but impressive none the less.

On a sidenote, which version of the name game is he using ?
The old Shirley Ellis version, or the newer  (and much weirder, it has a dancing walrus in it) version by Kim Gilcrest ?

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Ragesquid

Y'know, it isn't easy to make me laugh...but I must say, I lol'd. I lol'd, hard. I think I'm loving Cyra, more and more. :3

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 11, 2011, 02:52:44 AM
I see Dan didn't bother with the shirt...

No doubt to show that Dan doesn't really take Abel's word seriously and so that Amber can show us just why he said it.
my art thread

LionHeart

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on April 11, 2011, 02:45:43 AM
Heh, Dan singing the Name Game to Cyra's name was adorable. :D
I think Cyra probably enjoyed that, considering her timing.

She makes quite an impression too.
Not quite a "dynamic entrance", but impressive none the less.

On a sidenote, which version of the name game is he using ?
The old Shirley Ellis version, or the newer  (and much weirder, it has a dancing walrus in it) version by Kim Gilcrest ?
Weird versions? Try the Tiny Toons version...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

RobbieThe1st

Huh, a couple of interesting things I noticed:
1. In panel #3(the big one), Dan's gone all desaturated... Except for his wings. Is this significant, or just Amber forgetting to desaturated that layer?
2. In panel #4, Alexi looks tired due to the lines under her eyes. Like the above, is this signifigant in some way, or simply her nose-definition lines?

Other than that, though, it looks nice. Huge amounts of detail! :D

Pasteris.ttf <- Pasteris is the font used for text in DMFA.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: RobbieThe1st on April 11, 2011, 03:23:04 AM
2. In panel #4, Alexi looks tired due to the lines under her eyes. Like the above, is this signifigant in some way, or simply her nose-definition lines?

Well, Alexsi has been running things all by herself for a while now... and given that the disruption is coming from Dan's room she's probably thinking "oh what now? :("
my art thread

Anker Steadfast

Not to mention that a certain dragon might have kept her awaka at night.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

1. In panel #3(the big one), Dan's gone all desaturated... Except for his wings. Is this significant, or just Amber forgetting to desaturated that layer?
I think she wanted him all blue, which seems to be the whole Cyra colour.

Quote2. In panel #4, Alexi looks tired due to the lines under her eyes. Like the above, is this signifigant in some way, or simply her nose-definition lines?

As Sienna says, I think her expression is supposed to be "What's he done now...?"

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sienna Maiu - M T

So, I just had another look at the comic... I could see the moustache being referred to and it made me chuckle.  More-so however, the wings reminded me of a butterfly having landed on her nose.
my art thread

Drayco84

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 08, 2011, 01:15:57 PM
So, wagers as to how Dan gets in touch with Cyra!

1: Dream
2: Warp-Aci
3: Psychic link
4: Magic (You outta learn it someday, Dan!)
5: Telephone
6: Email

My guess? Well, via telephone WOULD be funny...

And the winner is... Via Name Game.
I've honestly gotta admit, TOTALLY wasn't expecting that. Looks like I still have much to learn in the art of being Totally Unpredictable.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Drayco84 on April 11, 2011, 04:39:29 AM
Quote from: Drayco84 on April 08, 2011, 01:15:57 PM
So, wagers as to how Dan gets in touch with Cyra!

1: Dream
2: Warp-Aci
3: Psychic link
4: Magic (You outta learn it someday, Dan!)
5: Telephone
6: Email

My guess? Well, via telephone WOULD be funny...

And the winner is... Via Name Game.
I've honestly gotta admit, TOTALLY wasn't expecting that. Looks like I still have much to learn in the art of being Totally Unpredictable.

Technically that still is a combination of Psychic link and Magic.
my art thread

Ghostwish

OOo, don't think I'd noticed those booths in the Lost Lake inn before..

Also, yet even more changes to D&DMFA enroute. :>

Arcblade

That was priceless and made my day.  My computer died yesterday, so now the shop's looking at it.  I was all down, until this comic.  Thank you Amber, you win all the interwebs.  And a cookie.   :mowsmile

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Arcblade on April 11, 2011, 10:26:39 AM
Thank you Amber, you win all the interwebs.  And a cookie.   :mowsmile

But if Amber has all the interwebs, where are we all supposed to sleep?
I claim unwarrented eviction! :U
my art thread

Naldru

Other than that, though, it looks nice. Huge amounts of detail! :D
I believe that the desaturation is to show that that scene is taking place on the psychic plain as they say in the X-men.

I believe that the look on Alexsi's face is related to the fact that she has the fire department on speed dial.

If his head did hit the ceiling, at least it wasn't anything breakable.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Blackwolf359

I'm trying to avoid a fit of laughing again. That was great!
If someone pushes you into the abyss...Jump and grab them so they can race you to the bottom :P

POODLE! That is all.