04/11/2011 [DMFA #1209] - Through the... floor

Started by CoyoteCaliente, April 11, 2011, 12:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 12, 2011, 09:24:49 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on April 12, 2011, 08:08:46 AM
Also, did the radio project people manage to figure out how to portray that voice?

I keep forgetting to look into that, even with reminders :<
eq-wise I'm not sure, but I am imagining a lot of echo.

I thought as much myself.
So, who's doing the voice of Cyra? :)
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Tapewolf

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 12, 2011, 09:40:31 AM

Infranscia is, unless I'm very much mistaken.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 12, 2011, 10:17:03 AM
Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 12, 2011, 09:40:31 AM

I definitely need to get to trawling through the thread a bit. (I also have no clue whom that is! XP)
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Infranscia

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 12, 2011, 09:24:49 AM
Quote from: MT Hazard on April 12, 2011, 08:08:46 AMAlso, did the radio project people manage to figure out how to portray that voice?

I keep forgetting to look into that, even with reminders :<
eq-wise I'm not sure, but I am imagining a lot of echo.

Echo, reverb, maybe some chorus...  Probably going to take some experimentation, I can imagine.

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 12, 2011, 10:42:13 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 12, 2011, 10:17:03 AM
Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 12, 2011, 09:40:31 AMI thought as much myself.
I definitely need to get to trawling through the thread a bit. (I also have no clue whom that is! XP)

I don't blame you.  I'm not exactly the most active of members for this forum.  Lately, I've been trying to comment on comics, but that's about all my activity here.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Infranscia on April 12, 2011, 11:07:09 AM
maybe some chorus...

That sounds awesome! :D
Maybe do multiple recording too and layer them?
my art thread

ishidan

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 12, 2011, 06:50:25 AM
Quote from: ishidan on April 11, 2011, 06:33:45 PM
Next question, when he finishes his conversation with Cyra, how many annoyed Warp-aci will be waiting to have a word?

I think he summoned at least three of them just before Cyra manifested.
How do you figure?
Ch-YA!   Trying to reply to that post nearly broke my computer!
But sing the song again and see how many Warp-aci names you call.  Sure usually it's more work than that, but just do the ones that already know our main characters and thus might respond to just their names being spoken.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: ishidan on April 12, 2011, 11:19:03 AM
Sorry~ :.

But sing the song again and see how many Warp-aci names you call.  Sure usually it's more work than that, but just do the ones that already know our main characters and thus might respond to just their names being spoken.
I suppose I see your point there ;)
However, Dan actually has a psychic link to his Clan Leader. The only warp-aci he might potentially be linked to would be his own. (Who is yes, admittedly 'Fi'.)
my art thread

Lore

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 11, 2011, 07:28:22 PM
Quote from: Spooks on April 11, 2011, 06:57:46 PM
Anyone else notice the picture of Dan and Wildy in Dan's room? The amount of detail Amber has been putting into her backgrounds lately is fantastic.

That picture originally appeared in an earlier strip, can't remember which one though.

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that it hadn't, or that she had necessarily drawn it from scratch. I just think it's impressive how much background work she has been doing, and that seemed like a good example. I mean, look at the inn in the last panel compared to earlier comics. Even the amount of detail in the basement is impressive. The couch has detailed shading, the beams in the ceiling have wood grain. Rooms actually have plants and decorations now. It's awesome!

Drayco84

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 12, 2011, 06:50:25 AM
Quote from: ishidan on April 11, 2011, 06:33:45 PM
Next question, when he finishes his conversation with Cyra, how many annoyed Warp-aci will be waiting to have a word?
I think he summoned at least three of them just before Cyra manifested.
How do you figure?
Actually, now I'm wondering if that's how Fa'lina names her Warp-Aci... That, and the "Fe, fi, fo, fum" line from Jack and the beanstalk...

Sienna Maiu - M T

Actually, now I'm wondering if that's how Fa'lina names her Warp-Aci... That, and the "Fe, fi, fo, fum" line from Jack and the beanstalk...
[/quote]

What they don't tell you is that Fa'Lina was actually the giant from that tale.

True facts.
my art thread

Maark30

:mowmeep And this would surprise any of us??? :mowcookie
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Sienna Maiu - M T

Ah... it shows you're wise beyond your years... congratulations on not letting "The Man" tell you what to think.
my art thread

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 15, 2011, 11:00:54 PM
Ah... it shows you're wise beyond your years... congratulations on not letting "The Man" tell you what to think.

Or "The Woman", in this case. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 16, 2011, 07:27:47 AM
Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 15, 2011, 11:00:54 PM

Or "The Woman", in this case. ;-]

Hey now, I've never told anybody how to think.

at least not without the proper authority of a two-by-four to back me up
my art thread

Ryy Lazurus

Honest question.

What does Cyra do with her free time? She's keeping a low profile (yes?), she has one daughter, one grandson and more enemies than you can shake a very big stick at.

WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING!!

Not that this is keeping me awake at night or anything.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Ryy Lazurus on April 16, 2011, 10:59:03 AM
Honest question.

What does Cyra do with her free time? She's keeping a low profile (yes?), she has one daughter, one grandson and more enemies than you can shake a very big stick at.

WHAT THE HELL IS SHE DOING!!

Not that this is keeping me awake at night or anything.

Oh, you know... plotting, scheming, playing hopscotch and catching up on her reading... that old chestnut.

Oh, and incessently posting on her myspace and facebook under her alias of 'Nancy Bridgegood'. She's friended most of the dragon descendants, but that's all just part of the plans.

She keeps leaving Destania voicemail, but so far... no answer.
my art thread

Anker Steadfast

Oh hey now, a clan leader needs her beautysleep, y'know ?  :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Sienna Maiu - M T

my art thread

joshofspam

I bet each Tri-wing clan leader has some strange hobby.

Fa'lina probably has driving the students crazy when passing students and muffins.

Heck, a hobby might be something farthest from what their nature might suggest.

Tuan My little ponie collection and Dimanika enjoying books in different philosophies wouldn't be surprising. A strange interests are sure to come up when you have a possible eternity to keep yourself busy.

I wonder if housing one self like Fa'lina and her academy in an alternit dimension aren't so uncommon, just that Fa'lina's is the most complex and secure among the tri-wings?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: joshofspam on April 16, 2011, 07:24:13 PM
I wonder if housing one self like Fa'lina and her academy in an alternit dimension aren't so uncommon, just that Fa'lina's is the most complex and secure among the tri-wings?

Probably it depends on your motivations and just how hard you're trying to keep it/yourself hidden.
my art thread

Anker Steadfast

Alternatively, you could simply be so badass, that noone wants to mess with you ... in that case, any place is a safe place.

Quoar probably spends his summer vacations in Hell, just to piss the hell-demons off. :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.