Summin' up the plots... (SPOILERS)

Started by Mr_M, March 31, 2011, 11:00:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_M

Hello, hello. I'm a newbie to this here forum, and it's nice to see that it exists. That being said, I shall now make my first post. I've been reading DMFA for a while and the one thing that I noticed above everything else is that there is just SO MANY stories and plots that are going on. So, to help myself and anyone else who may be having difficulty following along with all of them, I decided to make a little list.

WARNING WARNING WARNING! HERE THERE BE SPOILERS! WARNING WARNING WARNING!

1. Dan and the Soulstealer family
Durring the party that Kria had invited him and Lorenda to (#1205), Dan apparently made a pact with Dark Pegasis to never kill Regina. This leaves a number of questions. What is DP's end of the bargain, and how will Wildy and Regina react to this news? It's still likely that this will simmer down to the plot regarding Dan vs. DP, but the situation with Regina seems to be changing.

Now that the

2. Abel and Devin/Soulstealer family
Abel just found out that Devin is alive (er...undead) and well and is living (or...non-dead) with his former magic instructor (#1178-1185). Whoo boy, quite a lot to take in. How is he going to react when he finds out that Dan's been killing his old teacher's brother all this time? Probably not too bad, considering that Kria is alright with it herself, but still, it'll be interesting.

3. Dan's and Abel's pasts
Dan's mother dated Abel's father, then vowed to destroy him mind, body and soul the second Abel came to the academy. She then went on a crusade to destroy Abel mentally while he was at SAIA because he was the son of the man who broke her heart. Alexsi's mother (Dan's Dad's first wife) KILLED Abel's father before he had a chance to exact vengence on him. Whether or not he knows this is not told. Either way, all this trouble between the two's back stories is bound to come to a head in the future.

4. Dan's personal conflict with Cubi
Dan is still having trouble accepting his new status. He seems to be coming to terms with it, but he still doesn't know that much about what his mother was like back in the academy, and the knowledge of it just might be too much for him to handle. Who knows.

5. Jyrras and the creature council
Jyrras's technology is making the Creature council very nervous. In their eyes, if the tech gets powerful enough, beings could easily turn the tables and take top spot in the world Furrae over them. Mab and Albanion are doing their best to stall the confrontation until Jyrras builds something powerful enough to give the beings a fighting chance against the creatures. And by going on comic #1174, it'll most likely be when Jyrras finally makes something that is 100% natural (without magical influance).

6. Destania/Fa'lina/Mab's plans
We know the majority of their back stories (major chunks of the first two are missing), but what we don't know is what any of them is actually planning out. We know that Destania's plan is to get her husband back and the destruction of the rest of the Dragon race (#726), and Mab is doing her best to protect her friends (#1035) at least until, as the last one explained, Jyrras designs something to change the shift of power in Furrae (#1029). Fa'lina is the only one we know little to non of what she intends to do. The fact that she's up to something is obvious, but what that something is remains a total mystery.

Please add more if I missed anything.

speculation

The biggest clue as to the plot with Jyrras came up in #1174. I may not be the first to guess, but I believe that once he succeeds in making something that is 100% natural, magic will have absolutely no effect on it in any way, shape or form. This would be a HUGE advantage since the majority of Creatures rely on magical means to be so powerful.

As to Destinia and Edward, I have my own idea as to how things happened between Abel arriving to the school and Dan's parents actually meeting. We know that Quintinga (Edward's first wife and Alexsi's blood mother) killed Abel's father, and that she was killed in the same battle. I believe it went like this: Word reached SAIA a little while later that Aniz was killed. Destinia left to search for the one who killed Aniz before she did. She was attacked, got hurt, and found her way to Edward's tavern where they met. Upon actually meeting and getting to know a being, her heart mended and melted once more. And while she may not be into the whole torture and suffering as she used to be, her incubus side is still there. Again, all speculation, but it would make sense in the context of everything that's going on right now.

Regina, Regina, Regina. This girl was only in the comic for one story arc, and yet she's got just as big of an impact on one of the main characters as DP himself. From what I understand, she used him to destroy lives and apparently vowed to destroy his own as well as his whole family. Could be the reason why one of her wings is nothing but bone. Considering how badass he turned when he saw her, I wouldn't put it past Dan to have done it himself.

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard, don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so.

Looks like you have two #3 entries, by the way.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Mr_M

Quote from: Tapewolf on March 31, 2011, 11:28:16 AM
Welcome aboard, don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so.

Looks like you have two #3 entries, by the way.

Thank you. Entry numbers fixed. And yes, I have read the rules. Easy to follow.  :)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mr_M on March 31, 2011, 11:31:05 AM
Thank you. Entry numbers fixed. And yes, I have read the rules. Easy to follow.  :)

We strive to make them so. Should anyone find one of them opaque, feel free to bring it to our attention and we'll review it and clarify for you.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Mr_M on March 31, 2011, 11:00:54 AMRegina,...
From what I understand, she used him to destroy lives and apparently vowed to destroy his own as well as his whole family. Could be the reason why one of her wings is nothing but bone. Considering how badass he turned when he saw her, I wouldn't put it past Dan to have done it himself.

According to her cast page, she could regrow it fully, but leaves the left wing bone because she thinks it looks cool.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Mr_M

Quote from: AmigaDragon on March 31, 2011, 03:20:29 PM
According to her cast page, she could regrow it fully, but leaves the left wing bone because she thinks it looks cool.

She could regrow it, sure, but the question is how did it get like that in the first place, since the page doesn't say that she did it to herself. My previous speculation still stands for me.

Amber Williams

I like to imagine that it got caught in a really big door. :U

Anker Steadfast

And here I thought she had fallen out of bed as a kid, and kept it that way since it's "cool". :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Maark30

well I have to think that she fell out of bed quite a bit as a kid or was dropped on her head a lot.  :mowmeep
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Mr_M

Updates made to the first post, a bit of revising and the first entry was edited with the new info from the latest comics.

Turnsky

she was really hungry and wanted barbecue wings?  :P

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Maark30

Quote from: Turnsky on April 03, 2011, 06:50:48 PM

:mowdizzy

That was WRONG on so many levels...

I like it.  :mowcookie
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

iceick

Quote from: Mr_M on March 31, 2011, 11:00:54 AM

6. Fa'lina's plans
Fa'lina is the only one we know little to non of what she intends to do. The fact that she's up to something is obvious, but what that something is remains a total mystery.
Amber has mentioned in a forum post that Fa'lina will die soon, however, she did not state when or how it will happen.

joshofspam

Quote from: Turnsky on April 03, 2011, 06:50:48 PM

I like to think she was attacked by Pygmy Shrews that used the wing to make leather jackets for their tribe. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Mao

Quote from: iceick on April 04, 2011, 02:58:20 PM
Quote from: Mr_M on March 31, 2011, 11:00:54 AM

6. Fa'lina's plans
Fa'lina is the only one we know little to non of what she intends to do. The fact that she's up to something is obvious, but what that something is remains a total mystery.
Amber has mentioned in a forum post that Fa'lina will die soon, however, she did not state when or how it will happen.

Or what soon means (or who the 'soon' was relative to) or if she was just trolling or not (which I believe she was, given the thread as a whole)...

iceick

I was watching DBZ and I saw the heros fighting Deebs and losing. Or at least what Deebs has the potental to become.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: iceick on April 04, 2011, 02:58:20 PMAmber has mentioned in a forum post that Fa'lina will die soon, however, she did not state when or how it will happen.
In 'cubi terms "soon" could be a couple hundred years. What is "soon" in Ambargh terms?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Amber Williams

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 07, 2011, 03:40:35 AM
Quote from: iceick on April 04, 2011, 02:58:20 PMAmber has mentioned in a forum post that Fa'lina will die soon, however, she did not state when or how it will happen.
In 'cubi terms "soon" could be a couple hundred years. What is "soon" in Ambargh terms?

If you go by how long it takes me to update...it may also be a couple hundred years. :B

Turnsky

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 07, 2011, 04:18:32 AM
Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 07, 2011, 03:40:35 AM

If you go by how long it takes me to update...it may also be a couple hundred years. :B

which will be penned by your clone or something.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anker Steadfast

Oooohh ... Clone Ambarghs !
Then, if there were 10 of them, they could have one for each day in the week, and 3 to slack off. :)

AndersW

But how long until 2 of them try to take the plot in different directions?

LordViking

Quote from: AndersW on April 07, 2011, 11:20:08 AM
There would have to be an 'overseer Ambargh' that is in control of the plot and telling the other drawing monkeys 'art Ambarghs' what to draw. Off course how long it will take until overseer Ambargh gets mad from the power or when the art Ambarghs will revolt is anyone's guess.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: LordViking on April 07, 2011, 02:38:12 PM
Quote from: AndersW on April 07, 2011, 11:20:08 AM
There would have to be an 'overseer Ambargh' that is in control of the plot and telling the other drawing monkeys 'art Ambarghs' what to draw. Off course how long it will take until overseer Ambargh gets mad from the power or when the art Ambarghs will revolt is anyone's guess.

Ooo, not for a long time. A very, very, very long time.

I give it fifteen, maybe twenty minutes.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anker Steadfast

No no, they come premade with both Madness and Power Ego's, I'm sure of it !  :D
Some people believe this is in part how Sparks was originally created.

Mad artist clones gone wild !!!