a new dork has arrived

Started by Dorkifyme!, April 07, 2011, 01:04:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorkifyme!

well hello people?
i've only been on 1 forum before and i'm here because of DMFA.
umm.... i don't know what to say. or what to do, really.
so hi!  :mowsmile
:kittencute
ahhh! its so cute  :boogie
:kirby
i am way too amused by these things...  :mowcookie !!!

Tapewolf

Welcome aboard, don't forget to read the rules if you haven't already done so.

Overuse of smileys and general insane craziness may grate on a couple of people's nerves, but I'm sure someone will tell you if you're stepping over the line...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Darkmoon

He's stepping over the line.

Heh. Had to do it.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Doesn't make you wrong... ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Dorkifyme!

awww..... but i love the smileys!

Darkmoon

You will find that moderation is your best bet here, in all things.

Dorkifyme!

okay  :cry
that one's not too much is it? haha

Dorkifyme!

so, i'm not quite tech-savvy and i need help with getting an avatar.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Okay, I'm gonna make a couple of points here.

Firstly, the fact that only moderators and you yourself have posted in this thread is probably not a good initial sign. You might want to think about that a little.

Secondly, Rule V Section A. Really, really, go read the rules. Now. I strongly recommend it - and since Tapewolf pointed it out to you in his post, the very first response to your thread, I can only presume that you're not reading anyone else's posts. In which case your presence time on this forum is going to be short.

Thirdly, to get an avatar, find a picture of the appropriate size (again, see the rules for details) and put it on a webserver somewhere. Usual hosting places are photobucket.com or imageshack.us - or, of course, your own webserver, as in my case. After that it's merely a case of putting the URL from the image on the host into your profile.

Darkmoon

The FAQs have a on putting up avatars as well. As the the agreement when you join the forum, you're supposed to read those as well.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Tapewolf's a mod?
Man, I had no idea :.

And, I'd have to say that the fact that only moderator's have posted has more to do with the kind of people who are bothering to traverse The Villa these days than Dorkifyme's ability to lure people in.  (And further, seriously, Tape is a mod?)
Meaning of course, that likely only those people who have been around for a while are greeters anymore, and moderator's of course want to ensure that everyone has no excuse for not reading the rules.

*wordswordswords*

Oh, right..

Welcome to the forums Dorkifyme! I hope you have a good time here as you soon become a law-abiding member and don't worry... the akward phase on newbee-dom will eventually pass. (I for one was a bit of a newb for a couple of months, but that happens to speak more to the level of traffic that particular forum was getting... >.> )
Have a pointystick (to defend yourself with!) and do try to not run afoul of the management. (friggin' ninja management...)
Sienna Maiu - Moonshine Tallgrass, out.
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

Dorkifyme!

thanks guys. i forgot to confirm earlier that i did in fact read the rules. i have no intention of annoying people or being a jerk or any of those other things that were mentioned. i just feel very new to this forum thing as the fact that the last time i was part of a forum was about 4 or 5 years ago. i don't spend all that much time on the internet.

so again, thanks.

edit: i just went back and re-read the rules. sorry about the double-post, i forgot. i'm trying to learn though :)

Sienna Maiu - M T

Yeah, edits are your friend (as you clearly have noticed...) and you seem to have mellowed out significantly since your first posting.
And as far as the emotes go... I think that can likely be attributed to the fact that this was an intro thread (all full of fanfare and sunshine) and what are they there for if not to be used? (within reason :P)

Hopefully I'll see you over in the DMFA forums (should I ever get around to getting myself over there XP)
   Avatar by me. Signature image made from a picture by shadows-play on dA (circa 2007-2008).      :deadhorse
my art thread

joshofspam

A new dork? Hmmmm.... Well, welcome aboard.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sienna Maiu - M T

Hey there Dorkifyme! My commendation on getting your avatar added (or at least attempting to). I checked your link properties and your problem is the extra "http//" in between the "http://" and the "i229" so what you're going to want to do is go into your avatar options and just take that out.

Good luck, and see you around.

my art thread

Dorkifyme!

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 10, 2011, 04:56:27 AM
Hey there Dorkifyme! My commendation on getting your avatar added (or at least attempting to). I checked your link properties and your problem is the extra "http//" in between the "http://" and the "i229" so what you're going to want to do is go into your avatar options and just take that out.

Good luck, and see you around.

thank you! i was getting so frustrated with that... i'm going to try it out, see what happens.

& thanks for the welcome, from all who have welcomed :)

Sienna Maiu - M T

Well, it seems to be working now, so... huzzah!
And you're welcome... on both counts.

*wanders off*
my art thread

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 09, 2011, 07:31:40 AM
Tapewolf's a mod?
Man, I had no idea :.

Nah, he's just wearing camouflage, so we don't see him. ;-]

Brunhidden

we dorks have to stick together, nothin but nerds and geeks around here
Some will fall in love with life,
and drink it from a fountain;
that is pouring like an avalanche,
coming down the mountain.

Dorkifyme!

Quote from: Brunhidden on April 11, 2011, 03:24:56 PM

woohoo! i like being with dorks. makes me feel almost acceptable ;P

Darkmoon

Quote from: Brunhidden on April 11, 2011, 03:24:56 PM

Hey now. Bill is also here.

bill

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on April 12, 2011, 01:04:06 AM
Hey now. Bill is also here.

Hey. Hey, Darkmoon. Nice avatar. *grin*

Sienna Maiu - M T

So, Dorkifyme!, ever since I looked into the issue of why your avatar wasn't working I've wondered just what exactly your avatar is. I suspect some sort of bacteria, y/n?
my art thread

Dorkifyme!

Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 12, 2011, 06:10:26 AM
So, Dorkifyme!, ever since I looked into the issue of why your avatar wasn't working I've wondered just what exactly your avatar is. I suspect some sort of bacteria, y/n?

bacteria? lol no its a zoomed in edited picture of my friends eye. i havn't been able to see it as anything but an eye since i edited it so i find it strange that you thought it was bacteria  :giggle

Sienna Maiu - M T

Quote from: Dorkifyme! on April 12, 2011, 11:23:44 PM
Quote from: Sienna Maiu - M T on April 12, 2011, 06:10:26 AM

bacteria? lol no its a zoomed in edited picture of my friends eye. i havn't been able to see it as anything but an eye since i edited it so i find it strange that you thought it was bacteria  :giggle
Oh hey, so it is (now that you mention it...) :.
I probably figured that it was a bacterium because of my own personal discourse. That, and it kind of looks like a coloured cell... just the weirdest one I'd ever seen, like an animal-colouring on a plant's shape, but with a dysmorphic feature.
my art thread