02/28/11 [CVRPG News] - CVRPG's New Site!

Started by Darkmoon, February 28, 2011, 10:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

bradypodidae

I shall go and play! Congratulations on the launch!
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Castle Pokemetroid

The site doesn't look any different to me. Is it some sort of server thing?

Darkmoon

It should be Dark Red instead of blue. Trust me, when you can see it, you'll see it.

Sprocketsdance

oooo!!!  :boogie  man is that spiffy

-edit-

I can't find the newest guest comic, I looked under bonus features and CVRPG Artwork. Also, at the very bottom of the CVRPG Artwork page the last link is thinking a bit outside the box.

Darkmoon

Quote from: wuffnpuff on March 01, 2011, 01:24:39 PM
I can't find the newest guest comic, I looked under bonus features and CVRPG Artwork. Also, at the very bottom of the CVRPG Artwork page the last link is thinking a bit outside the box.

The guest comics are in the archive, near the bottom. You can also use the Updates link in the menu, which will show you all the most recent updates, organized by "type" (with logos even)

As far as the Artwork... do you mean the "Katrina and Alec by Charvale", and if so... why?

Sprocketsdance

Ahh I see, thanks for explaining.

The artwork "Katrina and Alec by Charvale" isn't included inside the red box and isn't able to be clicked upon, if it's supposed to be like that, sorry  :) just thought I'd let you know if I saw something off.  :chrono1

Darkmoon

Can you screencap? I've looked at it in all my browsers and I can't replicate that issue.

Sprocketsdance

Castle Pokemetroid

I see it now. Took a few days.

The plot in the main comic is moving quite slowly as of yet. Jokes also seem to be forced. Other than that, I see no problems.

I also couldn't replicate the problem wuffnpuff had.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on March 02, 2011, 09:05:25 PM
The plot in the main comic is moving quite slowly as of yet. Jokes also seem to be forced. Other than that, I see no problems.

Wow. Thanks.  :/

EDIT: Wuff, try looking at the other archives. Do they have that issue as well.

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: Darkmoon on March 02, 2011, 10:37:50 PM

Wow. Thanks.  :/

Yeah, for example, the Ritcher sleeping with Samus scene was not only unnessesary, it was out of place. There's no humor in it, just the feeling to hurry onto the next page. I'm not sure if you understand, but yeah. Your characters are blending with each other and they're losing their distinct personalities.

Darkmoon

See, I don't see that as out of place. Samus always struck me as the kind of person to take what she wants when she sees it. I mean, she is a bounty hunter. Her job is to track people and/or items, grab them, and get them back to her employers for money. Money plays.

Well, and especially my version of Samus.

Sprocketsdance

:noobrape

Honestly? After eight years... I wouldn't be critiquing the creator of the comic. There's a flow to things and sometimes it's fast, sometimes it's slow... but either way a bit of patience pays off. Plus, it's his comic and he can do with it as he pleases (as I'm sure he's mentioned before).

It's just very off-putting when someone comes along and deems it necessary to speak up about whatever they think some comic lacks. Whine whine, bitch bitch, man up and just deal with it. Either you like the comic and continue to read, or you don't and move on. Don't try to fix something that doesn't need it.  :magus2

llearch n'n'daCorna

On the other hand, Wuffy, if you speak up and say "I see this - what am I missing?" people may correct you, which helps.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

The comic is starting to grow on me with it's jokes on Samsus.

I don't really think the plot should be considerd going slowly. Now if Zed from Robowarrior was here then that would be slow. They'd be spending 78% of the story trying to keep Zed's power charged so he doesn't die in five minutes. :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Sprocketsdance

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on March 05, 2011, 01:17:38 PM
On the other hand, Wuffy, if you speak up and say "I see this - what am I missing?" people may correct you, which helps.

I get what you're saying :) but when there isn't any wondering about "what am I missing?" then it's pointless to say.

Also, thinking more about the Samus thing - I actually appreciate the joke with her and Richter 'getting it on' because it actually gives her character more depth (in this bit of universe). With Richter... yeah, it's him. There's no need for more explanation, but with Samus... as far as I know her character just seems to be a rough-n-tough chick who likes to kill everything. To show that she is a woman and has needs too, makes her a bit more interesting :)

... that's just how I saw it o.o

Castle Pokemetroid

I think my problem is that I just hate the new plot in general. It seems like filler material and out of place.

Something simular to the creator of a comic or some sort of series running out of ideas, so they have to make up a random storyline that causes the plot to move around in a complete circle, which causes nothing to get done, to buy time to come up with a new storyline. Sort of like that arc in the anime Bleach with princess Mirichiru and the bakotos that interrupted the main arc suddenly.

There was no transition into this new arc, so it seems to be that way.

I suppose it's my own opinion and all.

But what you said is true. If I don't like it, I should just move on, so I guess I'll just wait and not read any more pages until this arc is over.

Darkmoon

The entire series is planned out. If I wanted to switch to Game IV after Game III I could have. I wanted to do this story as a change of pace.

Sprocketsdance

Pokem dude? Perhaps I should suggest that you read through the whole comic again. How many times have seemingly meaningless things come about to be more important later? Just because you can't comprehend what might possibly be happening right now or how - oh no- it isn't connected to anything, doesn't mean you should just write it off for right now. No one knows what is going to happen except for Darkmoon but something to learn is to not get your panties in a bunch because things don't seem quite right at the moment. It's called RIFT WARS for a reason. Duh. To get all whiney because things aren't 'flowing' the way you want them to and aren't catering to your supposed taste just makes you sound like a douche.

The comic is here not to specifically bring you joy. If you find it enjoyable, great. The jokes are good and the characters are interesting. If you don't enjoy it and if you only feel like complaining about it then, obviously, the comic won't care. You won't be missed. It isn't going to change on the account of how you feel about it.

Castle Pokemetroid

Quote from: wuffnpuff on March 07, 2011, 12:27:31 AM
Pokem dude? Perhaps I should suggest that you read through the whole comic again. How many times have seemingly meaningless things come about to be more important later? Just because you can't comprehend what might possibly be happening right now or how - oh no- it isn't connected to anything, doesn't mean you should just write it off for right now. No one knows what is going to happen except for Darkmoon but something to learn is to not get your panties in a bunch because things don't seem quite right at the moment. It's called RIFT WARS for a reason. Duh. To get all whiney because things aren't 'flowing' the way you want them to and aren't catering to your supposed taste just makes you sound like a douche.

The comic is here not to specifically bring you joy. If you find it enjoyable, great. The jokes are good and the characters are interesting. If you don't enjoy it and if you only feel like complaining about it then, obviously, the comic won't care. You won't be missed. It isn't going to change on the account of how you feel about it.

Thank you for your opinion on me. Your words mean nothing. Only what Darkmoon has to say about the comic has any meaning to me.

Darkmoon:
A change of pace. Brilliant. Only if you had mentioned this earlier. It sure is different than the usual. I like the idea. Not sure what idea I'm thinking of, however.

Maybe the idea of it being different than usual.

I still want to wait until it's over, so that I can read it all at once, rather than in pieces. I really don't like reading this arc with the normal update. It moves too slow. It'll more than likely be far batter reading the whole thing in a single day sort of a thing.

Sprocketsdance

Ooooo I've been thanked, how touching :3

You really think he needs your approval? Plus... the hell? "if only you had mentioned this sooner" Oh, again, sorry he didn't pander to your delicate little psyche for a while there, that must have hurt you bad. 

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: wuffnpuff on March 07, 2011, 09:58:50 AM
Ooooo I've been thanked, how touching :3

You really think he needs your approval? Plus... the hell? "if only you had mentioned this sooner" Oh, again, sorry he didn't pander to your delicate little psyche for a while there, that must have hurt you bad. 

Thank you, Wuffy, that will do. Let's not get into breaching rule 3, by getting too personal.

And Castlepokemetroid? Same goes to you.

Neither of you has stepped over the line, yet. At least, not too far. Let's keep it civil, hmm? Otherwise I'll feel obliged to demonstrate, and neither of you will like that.

Much.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Sprocketsdance