24/02/2011 [DMFA# 1198] - Forgot About Her, Didn't Ya?

Started by Draken, February 24, 2011, 02:23:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draken

Oooh, I do NOT envy Abel right now.  Maybe he ought to knock out Dan and drag him off to the Academy for a few weeks for this to blow over.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

AxiLarin

Well, hopefully Alexsi's still floating along in her post-date bliss.

Otherwise, she's going to make Dan mop the Abel-shaped stain off the inn floor.

Tapewolf

Well, there's always the suit-of-armour trick... though she didn't seem too interested in him working that day (see 1100).  Whether she was expecting him to recover by the evening is unclear.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Daymond42

The suit of armor trick may not work if things work by anime-like rules, where no matter how tough someone is, no one hits harder than a female. That and that could even be without Alexsi's mallet...

Sofox

Ugh, I hate this feeling.

Suddenly realising that you should be somwhere else, doing something else.

I'd describe it, but Abel's expression and body language pretty much sum it up.

Drayco84

If Abel can get back to the Inn while Alexsi is still in a good mood, he's safe.

If Abel gets back and EXPLAINS WHY he took off without notice, Alexsi will probably understand. (Still be a bit mad and bash him around a little, though.)

If he pulls a wacky hijink stunt and tries to pretend he was there all along, he'll break her good mood and get pounded. (Or fired... Out of a cannon...)

Let's see... Dan is occupied and worried about faking it through a "polite" dinner with a bunch of Kria's family as Lorenda's boyfriend that's BOUND to end in disaster... (Or the sudden announcement that he's Kria's boy-toy.) So I don't think he's had time and opportunity the wreck the inn...

...Unless Fa'Lina is looking for Dan... (But even SHE wouldn't be THAT brash... Would she?)

Tapewolf

Quote from: Drayco84 on February 24, 2011, 11:11:51 AM
If he pulls a wacky hijink stunt and tries to pretend he was there all along, he'll break her good mood and get pounded. (Or fired... Out of a cannon...)

Well, if she terrorises him too much, she's not going to be going out with Pyroduck again for quite a while, assuming she's even able to find someone willing to replace him.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Well, I personally would very much like to be there when they meet. Preferably with a with a big bag of popcorn. :)

Gamma

Quote from: Tapewolf on February 24, 2011, 11:18:48 AM
Well, if she terrorises him too much, she's not going to be going out with Pyroduck again for quite a while, assuming she's even able to find someone willing to replace him.

Yeah I can see it being the only thing keeping him alive, and not so well.
I'm imagining Alexsi's very perturbed face staring down Abel when he gets in and probably a good boot to the head from Pyroduck for Abel upsetting her.
I doubt she would even speak unless dripping with sarcasm.
011010000111010001110100011100000011101000101111001011110111011101110111011101110010111001111001011011110111010101110100011101010110001001100101001011100110001101101111011011010010111101110111011000010111010001100011011010000011111101110110001111010110111101001000011001110011010101010011010010100101100101010010010010000100000100110000

Turnsky

i see it like thus.

Abel is working for the Daughter of the woman who killed his father.

who incidently was taught how to fight by her adopted mother, Destania.

no wonder Abel's so scared of Alexsi.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

NykVerien

Quote from: Turnsky on February 24, 2011, 11:14:22 PM
i see it like thus.

:mowsmile That would seem to sum it all up quite nicely.

demecowen

i see it like thus.

I don't think Abel or Alexsi(at least) are aware of that their parent kill each other.

Lego3400

Quote from: demecowen on February 24, 2011, 11:52:53 PM
i see it like thus.

I don't think Abel or Alexsi(at least) are aware of that their parent kill each other.

Abel is likely aware as he read Dan's file and got upset when Ink mentioned Edward's name.

AxiLarin

I was so busy thinking about if there were negative consequences to Abel taking the day off that I neglected the other issue at hand:  Jyrras is leaving the compound to head to the inn.

Number 1, they have to get past Chicki.  Number 2, if Mab and Albanon's plot was to coerse Jyrras into staying shuttered up in his compound to keep him safe (and busy working on his projects), this throws a small wrench into the works.  Granted, Abel will be with him for protection if needed..

Infranscia

Quote from: Lego3400 on February 25, 2011, 12:01:08 AM
Quote from: demecowen on February 24, 2011, 11:52:53 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on February 24, 2011, 11:14:22 PMi see it like thus.

Abel is likely aware as he read Dan's file and got upset when Ink mentioned Edward's name.

^ The combination of these three.  Alexsi may not know about the family thing, but there's a good chance she learned some things from her step-mama.  Sure, Abel seems to have also learned some things about fighting from Dee but, well, Heck hath no fury like an Alexsi non-bliss-ified.

Hmm... Though I still wonder how things will turn out if she's still sunshine, lollipops, and rainbows. :mowsmile
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Quote from: AxiLarin on February 25, 2011, 09:53:26 AM
Number 2, if Mab and Albanon's plot was to coerse Jyrras into staying shuttered up in his compound to keep him safe (and busy working on his projects), this throws a small wrench into the works.  Granted, Abel will be with him for protection if needed..
Interesting idea, but I don't think it would be a problem. After all, the main purpose of "Operation Bachelor of the Year" allegedly was to get Jyrras protection from Zinvth authorities. So he'd be protected with our without Abel and with or without him freaking out and locking himself up in the lab. That he did lock himself up was a mostly unintended side-effect, I believe.

... At least that what I think. Otherwise that would make Mab's morals even more - well - "unconventional" than they already are.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on February 25, 2011, 02:23:41 PM
That he did lock himself up was a mostly unintended side-effect, I believe.

... At least that what I think. Otherwise that would make Mab's morals even more - well - "unconventional" than they already are.

I definitely don't think it was Mab's intentions; however, I'm sure Albanion might find it amusing. I mean we are talking about someone, who suggested turning Mab's friends into shrubbery..... :P

Although, I more intrigued about what would happen, when or if they run into Chicki, I can just see the first thing coming out her mouth being:

"Oh, are you two dating?!"

Wonder what would happen if that made the headlines.....  >:3

Ghostwish

Bwaha. I wonder if cubi will have reactions like that to Abel once he's a tri-wing?

Ryy Lazurus

There is another (vastly amusing) possibility that awaits our boy Abel.

1) He returns to Inn, terrified, and ready to beg forgiveness
2) Alexi still in bliss mode surprises him, and asks about his absence
3) Abel panics, but tells the full truth, heavily leaden with desperate sincerity
4) Alexi accepts said apology, and goes about her duties
5) Abel does not believe his luck. Meaning, he begins to exist in a state of perpetual paranoia.

6) Alexi grins slyly at a job well done.

iceick

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on February 24, 2011, 02:53:06 PM
Well, I personally would very much like to be there when they meet. Preferably with a with a big bag of popcorn. :)
Wildy, is that you? ;)

lycaonpictus77

I don't think anything too horrible will happen to Abel. Even assuming Alexsi has yet to recover from her post-date bliss, it's fairly likely than Jyrras or Lorenda would explain things a bit before she could do TOO much damage.

As for the whole Quintinga-Aniz-Edward thing... Judging from his actions and reactions, I think it's pretty likely Abel knows that Edward is the one who killed his father, though I doubt Alexsi knows about Aniz. If she does know, it's likely she only thinks he's some random Cubi who killed her mother, and has no idea that he was Abel's father.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Lego3400

Quote from: lycaonpictus77 on February 26, 2011, 07:58:12 PM
I don't think anything too horrible will happen to Abel. Even assuming Alexsi has yet to recover from her post-date bliss, it's fairly likely than Jyrras or Lorenda would explain things a bit before she could do TOO much damage.

As for the whole Quintinga-Aniz-Edward thing... Judging from his actions and reactions, I think it's pretty likely Abel knows that Edward is the one who killed his father, though I doubt Alexsi knows about Aniz. If she does know, it's likely she only thinks he's some random Cubi who killed her mother, and has no idea that he was Abel's father.

I'm actually curious as to how much Alexsi knows. She seems to know alot more about cubi in general then  Dan does.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Lego3400 on February 26, 2011, 08:20:56 PM
I'm actually curious as to how much Alexsi knows. She seems to know alot more about cubi in general then  Dan does.

Agreed...Who knows how much Destania told her beyond looking out for Dan's Cubi side?
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Naldru

When Alexsis had the nice talk with Destania at Biggs' place, Destania did make comments about having known Abel.  She might have also mentioned the situation with regard to Aniz and Alexisis's parents if she felt it was necessary.  Just a simple "He had some very unpleasant relatives but don't hold that against him" would do.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Shachza

Abel could just be scared 'cause Alexi has a giant "+5 Mallet of Annoyance-Whacking."  He's got to wonder whether she's annoyed enough with him to want to use it.
            <-- #1 that is!

LionHeart

"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

joshofspam

Maybe its wishful thinking but not everything necessarily needs answering with a mallet if it annoys Alexis. Now with her recent great date she might be more into hearing about why Abel disappeared. Still at times Alexis and Abel seem to get together amazingly well. But hey, that's the power of cake Baby! >:3

I wonder if Alexis or Ducky might have the information why Abel is dreaming. They had a parent that was cubi. Which Abel didn't have because of Aniz actions. His dreaming might be something talked about with child and parent. Not something talked in school about.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.