24/01/2011 [DMFA# 1191] - Plotting!

Started by Ghostwish, January 24, 2011, 08:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bakoneko

Quote from: iceick on January 24, 2011, 04:39:01 PM
Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 24, 2011, 01:36:23 PM
Quote from: Bakoneko on January 24, 2011, 10:58:20 AM
~ Bakoneko >^^<

... I was going to say "ooo, a stupid kitty", but that'd be bakaneko, wouldn't it? ;-]
Actually, that is his screen name signature. A few people like to put their screen name at the end of their posts.

Her SN signature.  :mowsmile And yeah, llearch, it's a silly wordplay thing my friends and I did back in college that stuck.  "Baka"+"koneko"="Bakoneko."  So I have to plead guilty to the sort of bad fangirl Japanese that Amber complained about in an earlier Letters from the Readers, but I'm kinda attached to it now. :animesweat  I won't fill my posts here with mutilated Japanese, I swear.  I'm reformed!  (Sort of.)

~ Bakoneko >^^<
~ Bakoneko >^^<

*** Is a girl ***

joshofspam

It is kind of strange that he's dreaming again.

Then again maybe the answer may seem rather simple and complex at the same tie. It might be something that at this level of Abel's skills he might simply share the dream just like the other dreamer has it. I mean what real experience would Abel have outside the academy with something like dream walking (That's if the dreamwalking class was even a class he took or excelled in?

It may be that Abel may have linked up unintentionally with Lorenda too. I see chocolate and think of the first time she saw Jyrras's lab. I must say Amber's play to use smores to mellow this all out was well played. Well played indeed Amber. :)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Blackwolf359

Quote from: SpottedKitty on January 24, 2011, 04:53:53 PM
Quote from: Blackwolf359 on January 24, 2011, 02:58:35 PM

Now Abel just needs a fire for roasting and he'll be having the best dream possible.

Not a problem.   ;)
YAY! BEST DREAM EVER!
Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 24, 2011, 06:30:24 PM
Now, if when he wakes up, his pillow is missing, then I'll laugh uproariously.
The thought of this is to funny for me to think of a witty response...
If someone pushes you into the abyss...Jump and grab them so they can race you to the bottom :P

POODLE! That is all.

killpurakat

Okay, maybe its just because I do tons of crafting and sewing, but does anyone else think Abel's dream bubble would make an awesome print pattern for a cotton blend (aka, blanket material or fleece)?

Seriously, that just makes me think "snuggly blanket!" Something like this: http://shop.vendio.com/springlakefabrics/item/2015749447/?s=1295859362

...but with Abels everywhere instead of turtles! You could wrap yourself in warm Abel-ness and eat a toasted s'more by the fire...  :mowcookie

TheAuldGrump

Quote from: Corgatha Taldorthar on January 24, 2011, 06:30:24 PM
Now, if when he wakes up, his pillow is missing, then I'll laugh uproariously.
Ah, nuts. That was going to be my line.

The Auld Grump

iceick

Quote from: Bakoneko on January 24, 2011, 11:25:56 PM
Her SN signature.  :mowsmile
Sorry, I have a tendency of not looking at peoples profile before writing about them, so I kind of refer them similarly to Piccolo's race from DBZ where they're all one gender but they still refer themselves as a he.

Turnsky

Abel's marshmallow dream needs to be made a wallpaper.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Bakoneko

Quote from: iceick on January 25, 2011, 01:52:24 AM
Sorry, I have a tendency of not looking at peoples profile before writing about them, so I kind of refer them similarly to Piccolo's race from DBZ where they're all one gender but they still refer themselves as a he.

No worries, I don't think I'd even specified it in my profile at that point.  I have now, though I haven't done much beyond that.  As soon as I have some time, I shall pretty it up!

Quote from: killpurakat on January 25, 2011, 01:47:19 AM
Okay, maybe its just because I do tons of crafting and sewing, but does anyone else think Abel's dream bubble would make an awesome print pattern for a cotton blend (aka, blanket material or fleece)?

Seriously, that just makes me think "snuggly blanket!" Something like this: http://shop.vendio.com/springlakefabrics/item/2015749447/?s=1295859362

...but with Abels everywhere instead of turtles! You could wrap yourself in warm Abel-ness and eat a toasted s'more by the fire...  :mowcookie

I would so totally buy one of those, and snuggle up in it daily.
~ Bakoneko >^^<

*** Is a girl ***

Anker Steadfast

More like when he wakes up, he has taken a large bite our of his pillow.  :D

... sorry, Jyrras' pillow even.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Inumo

... Abel s'mores fleece. Make blankets and hats out of it, and there's money. :D

Also, @Bakoneko, at first I thought you were after the box's (llearch's) own heart, since, if I'm inferring right, bako means box in Japanese. You are boxcat! :P

Colelinic

wraping myself in warm Abel-ness... my dream come true...

Cogidubnus

Shouldn't he be dreaming about pink elephants? :P

hartree

Quote from: Cogidubnus on January 25, 2011, 08:58:14 PM
Shouldn't he be dreaming about pink elephants? :P

No pink pachyderm dreams!

If I'm about to suffer an exceptionally bad hangover, I'd certainly rather I get to dream about S'mores first.  :mowwink
Shoes for industry!

Lena

...Maybe it's because I also do tons of crafting and sewing, but Abel's dream bubble makes me want to make an Abel-plushie, actually. But oh yes - and the material would have to be made into something snuggly.  :mowhappy

Maark30

Quote from: Lena on January 25, 2011, 11:11:26 PM

...Maybe it's because I also do tons of crafting and sewing, but Abel's dream bubble makes me want to make an Abel-plushie, actually. But oh yes - and the material would have to be made into something snuggly.  :mowhappy

Great idea.  Work out a license deal with Amber and you both can profit.  I can just see DMFA plushies selling like mad at cons.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Emerauld Drathmir

Oh dear god.  That second panel is soooo cute.  I wish it had no text, because it would make the most cavity-inducingly sweet wallpaper ever.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.

Mao

To the folks going on about 'Cubi not being able to dream', I believe that it was said that they lose it, but not when or how or why.  It may have a condition, say a certain level of 'power' or being more magical in nature which supposedly comes mostly with age (but can be accelerated, I believe, by other means), similar to how over time they lose the need for food (though not the ability to consume it).  There's nothing to say that Abel has reached that point yet, or even if there's a specific point in which it occurs.  Another possibility is that they 'lose' it because they lose the need to sleep.  If that's the case, then simply by allowing themselves to sleep, they open themselves up to the chance of a dream occurring.

Alright, that's enough out of me.  I wouldn't have said anything, but I had my fill of people going on and on about this as being 'impossible' and so on, in the last dream that Abel had.

Regardless of what causes it (and my dislike of the character aside), that is one dang cute dream.  I'd almost want to see each of the cast in that, or similar images.  Might be time for me to crack out the tablet again and see if I can make something of that desire...

Naldru

Of course, with Abel's luck, this could morph into a marshmallow hell dream.  Given Nutmeg's upper body strength and Fa'lina's measurements, that would probably eclipse anything involving pink elephants.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Ghostwish

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 26, 2011, 06:48:11 AM
Alright, that's enough out of me.  I wouldn't have said anything, but I had my fill of people going on and on about this as being 'impossible' and so on, in the last dream that Abel had.

The hilarious thing is that they are trying to say this to the author and creator of said circumstances.. I only know so many ways to spell herp de derp, but that's a bigg'un.

joshofspam

Wonder if Abel is going to have a hankering for some smores after this dream?

I know I do!

Still the speech that Jyrras gives Macy brings up a point in her way of thinking. She seems to focused on the actual capabilities of an individual then actual intent. Though that probably isn't helped by the fact most printed material that Macy has scanned is mostly done on the negative side.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

JackTheCubiWolf

That is the most adorable dream I've ever seen. It's a nice change of pace from the drama-ish comics lately.
I'm back, and tired.

Maark30

Quote from: joshofspam on January 26, 2011, 11:30:13 AM
Wonder if Abel is going to have a hankering for some smores after this dream?

I know I do!

Still the speech that Jyrras gives Macy brings up a point in her way of thinking. She seems to focused on the actual capabilities of an individual then actual intent. Though that probably isn't helped by the fact most printed material that Macy has scanned is mostly done on the negative side.

Well this is a big lesson for an MI (machine intelligence (AI is so overused)) to learn.  The idea that not all information that is available is a complete rundown of the subject and individuals will differ wildly from their core group.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Ghostwish on January 26, 2011, 10:20:51 AM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 26, 2011, 06:48:11 AM

The hilarious thing is that they are trying to say this to the author and creator of said circumstances.. I only know so many ways to spell herp de derp, but that's a bigg'un.

Yeah, no kidding. That's like saying Gandalf shouldn't have been able to come back after fighting the Balrog after the fact that it's happened.

For all we know this thing is like dealing with wisdom teeth. Some people never get them, some people have them removed in their teens, some people never lose them.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ghostwish on January 26, 2011, 10:20:51 AM

I'm certainly not going to argue that Abel can't dream (not now it's happened twice!) but I'm not convinced this is a fair assessment when even Abel can't believe it's happened.   If you recall, he was scared witless afterwards, so much so that Alexsi gave him sick leave.

Abel's initial reasoning was that it was some kind of vision or dreamlike state caused by Pip (1098-9), and then when that didn't pan out, he assumed he was losing his sanity after seeing Devin (1164).

Now that it's happened twice, it should be less of a shock.  If it were me, I'd shrug it off and ask Fa'Lina or some other 'Cubi expert whether this was normal when I next had the chance.

Quote from: Jasonrevall on January 26, 2011, 02:19:40 PM
Yeah, no kidding. That's like saying Gandalf shouldn't have been able to come back after fighting the Balrog after the fact that it's happened.

As above, that's exactly what happened in the story.   Gandalf's companions tried to kill him assuming he was Saruman.  After all, Boromir didn't respawn, why should Gandalf? :P

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 26, 2011, 03:05:25 PM

Quote from: Jasonrevall on January 26, 2011, 02:19:40 PM

As above, that's exactly what happened in the story.   Gandalf's companions tried to kill him assuming he was Saruman.  After all, Boromir didn't respawn, why should Gandalf? :P

Yeah you make a good point. It's a good thing when something happens in the story that people wonder and question. Also keeps things less predictable and and more interesting. Also there's nothing wrong with some speculation and discussion of these strange events.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Corgatha Taldorthar

Quote from: Tapewolf on January 26, 2011, 03:05:25 PM

Because Gandalf is an Ainur; and Aragorn, at the very least, knows that they "respawn" (Sauron's material body was destroyed at least twice, once when Numenor fell, and once at the end of the second age. It's also possible he was "killed" at the end of the first age, but that passage is more ambiguous).

Whether or not they knew Gandalf was an Ainur is debatable, but I'm going to stop now before someone yells at me for derailing things.
Someday, when we look back on this, we'll both laugh nervously and change the subject. More is good. All is better.

killpurakat

I've wanted to do an Abel plushie for awhile (just have so many other things on my list that one will be a long time in coming). If/when I do one, I'll post pics. :) Since school is finally calming down for me, that may be a bit sooner than it sounds. (Also, for reasons not even fathomable to me, I want to make that cubi teddy bear that Aaryanna kept waving in front of Dan early on when she first found out he was Destania's son. It looks adorable! And there's a few other characters on my list to tackle.)

As far as fabric goes, though, I did find this page:
http://www.spoonflower.com/welcome

Bit expensive (for someone who loves to use JoAnn's coupons all the time), but a viable option all the same.

Before I do anything (or anyone else does anything), we should get Amber's permission first. I'm not planning on making anything for profit (just making things for me), but still. Plushies and blankets seem like something Amber may want to do in the future, and I don't want to step on her creative toes.

Turnsky

Quote from: Naldru on January 26, 2011, 09:24:25 AM
Of course, with Abel's luck, this could morph into a marshmallow hell dream.  Given Nutmeg's upper body strength and Fa'lina's measurements, that would probably eclipse anything involving pink elephants.

or Mab's brownies.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Naldru on January 26, 2011, 09:24:25 AM

Alternative marshmellow hell ...

click for larger image

... cross the beams !  :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Emerauld Drathmir

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on January 27, 2011, 03:56:33 AM

Alternative marshmellow hell ...

click for larger image

... cross the beams !  :)
You said crossing the beams would be BAD.

God, I love that game.  Stay Puft makes a lovely splat.
Yoho, yo ho, a pirate's life for me...Darn it Bean, no Looting until after dinner!
--Home of Angst Technology/Weak-end Warriors/Sorry We're Open, and InkTank-now back from hiatus.