22/01/2011 [DMFA# 1190] - Dangers

Started by Tapewolf, January 22, 2011, 05:32:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

Interesting.  So Mace hasn't objected to Lorenda, who on a level playing field is far more dangerous?
Also she hasn't been told about Dan either, by the looks.

For this sort of individual a reasoning chain showing that Abel will be in deep trouble with Dan (and because of that, Fa'Lina) if he harms Jyrras might be an idea.

And eww, I hope Deebs hasn't left the book sticky...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

AxiLarin

Heehee... Deebs is awesome at comic relief.  Rawwr!!  :mowhappy

If Macy thinks Abel is dangerous, just wait until Jyrras's sisters show up again for a visit.  I wonder how much longer until the baby arrives.

thegayhare

Ghostwish

Cubi have a pretty bad stick in Furrae if generalized comparisons label them as 'dangerous'.

thegayhare

I just wonder how macey will act when they start dating... (come on jyrras and able are the best couple)

would she treat him like a wicked stepfather

Mel Dragonkitty

Jy's fond parent smile just melted me. He may have become a parent unintentionally but he seems to really enjoy his daughters.
My, I'll bet you monsters lead interesting lives. I said to my girlfriend just the other day: "Gee, I'll bet monsters are interesting," I said. The places you must go and the things you must see. My stars! And I'll bet you meet a lot of interesting people, too. I'm always interested in meeting interesting people.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I do find it interesting that Macy just completely missed the point.

Deebs is still dangerous. Maybe not in and of herself, but if word gets out that she exists, Jyrras is in a lot of trouble, and Deebs is innocent enough to show herself to new folk all the time.

I mean, just look at how long it took for her to talk to Abel; less than half an hour in the house?

And the fact that she's so innocent just makes her all the more dangerous, because she doesn't appear to understand what trouble she's getting into.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Ted Schiller

I think they were referring to the book.  The "book monster" was "attacking" Deebs.
However, Jyrras said, "I'm sure everything is dangerous in its own way. [Emphasis mine]"  Common Sense shows (okay, that was actually a pamphlet), books can be dangerous.  Especially if Macy throws them.  :)

With regards,
Ted

Naldru

I wonder what her research would show if she looked up Wildy?

If Macy looks up all of Jyrass's friends (which include a fae, a dragon, two cubi, a demon, and a number of creatures who are definitely capable of extensive mayhem) at the Lost Lake Inn, I wonder if she would try sneaking out after Jyrass wearing a disguise so that she could protect him from all of the dangerous characters.

It is quite possible that Macy has already had the same discussion with Jyrras concerning Lorenda.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Pvblivs

In fairness, the fact that Jyrras knows Abel probably influences his reaction.

joshofspam

Does this possibly mean that Macy might confront Abel in the future?

I think that Macy needs to hang out with more creatures. I have suspicions that Jyrras might have not told Lorenda that he has accidentally created life again. :U
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

lilpuppy23

Personally, I found the Treasure chest monsters to be more terrifying, though I can see how book monsters can be scary. Especially an entire library of the things...

Freaking Fakes...

Starcat5

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on January 22, 2011, 01:45:09 PM
Personally, I found the Treasure chest monsters to be more terrifying, though I can see how book monsters can be scary. Especially an entire library of the things...

Freaking Fakes...
Or at least a bookstore/classroom full of the danged things. Remember that one Harry Potter book/movie?

Quote from: Mel Dragonkitty on January 22, 2011, 08:55:13 AM
Jy's fond parent smile just melted me. He may have become a parent unintentionally but he seems to really enjoy his daughters.
The phrase "Unplanned Teenage Pregnancy" comes to mind. With Jy in the roll of "Unwed Mother", of course.
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: starcat5 on January 22, 2011, 02:49:28 PM
Quote from: lilpuppy23 on January 22, 2011, 01:45:09 PM

Freaking Fakes...
Or at least a bookstore/classroom full of the danged things. Remember that one Harry Potter book/movie?

Freckin blood-lusting rabbit...with Big spark teeth

The phrase "Unplanned Teenage Pregnancy" comes to mind. With Jy in the roll of "Unwed Mother", of course.

Jyrras is more mature... than a teenage.
PBH

thegayhare

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on January 22, 2011, 03:44:30 PM

Jyrras is more mature... than a teenage.
PBH

yes but Jyrras could be the first gay daddy who'd children were unplanned

Blackwolf359

Quote from: Naldru on January 22, 2011, 11:34:32 AM
I wonder what her research would show if she looked up Wildy?
Certain death.
If someone pushes you into the abyss...Jump and grab them so they can race you to the bottom :P

POODLE! That is all.

MT Hazard

It's odd that Jyrras created a body for Macey that was significantly taller than him. You would have thought that growing up with 90% of his family being bigger than him and having some many larger friends he wouldn't want his daughter to be taller than him as well.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Captain

Robots being huge is always ok, because they do what you tell them to instead of making fun of you. See a robot owner's robot normally transfers manliness points from the robot to the owner if anyone tries to make a comparison over who is short or tall or big or whatever (assuming the robot derives will from the owner). Of course, Jyrras probably just wanted it to do random chores a little better than unsapient undead because that is not a big robot. Except that would still count as making life kind of... I dunno the specifics of the law.

Actually I'm not sure I can come up with any legitimate reason he made mace. Does it say on the cast page?
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

MT Hazard

Quote from: Captain on January 22, 2011, 06:49:14 PM

Actually I'm not sure I can come up with any legitimate reason he made mace. Does it say on the cast page?

She, like Deebs, was made accidentally. However, her current body was made deliberately. The cast page links to the page she was 'born' on.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on January 22, 2011, 09:15:16 AM
I do find it interesting that Macy just completely missed the point.

Deebs is still dangerous. Maybe not in and of herself, but if word gets out that she exists, Jyrras is in a lot of trouble, and Deebs is innocent enough to show herself to new folk all the time.

I mean, just look at how long it took for her to talk to Abel; less than half an hour in the house?

And the fact that she's so innocent just makes her all the more dangerous, because she doesn't appear to understand what trouble she's getting into.

I have to agree on this; plus she was also created with an unknown unstable compound, so in reality we aren't sure what that compound can do.

While Deebs innocence makes her not a really a danger itself, the fact of what she is made of and that if others find out, is what the real danger is. Someone could actually know what that compound does and seek Deebs out to use it for their own means, you never really know.

I quite agree, the last panel made me smile. :)

Plus, Deebs is just plain adorable! :love3 She may be made of an mysterious compound, but you can't deny that she is.

In regards to Macy's analysis of Abel, she is making that judgement based on facts alone, I'm sure if she actually got to know Abel for who he is her analysis of him would change. This actually brings to a mind a recent episode of "The Mentalist" where this women helping them with their recent investigation judged everyone and everything based on facts and figures.

I'm sorry, while facts and figures are useful; they can only help so much. To really know someone, you should really talk to them.  :mowwink

While we the reader are aware of Abel's fears on him being like his dad (who would be considered dangerous), Macy and everyone else in DMFA verse do not. So, my apologies for being a cliche, but "don't judge a book, but its cover".  :P

AmberCross

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 22, 2011, 06:30:46 PM
It's odd that Jyrras created a body for Macey that was significantly taller than him. You would have thought that growing up with 90% of his family being bigger than him and having some many larger friends he wouldn't want his daughter to be taller than him as well.
Well that actually makes sense. After all... Jyrras has a history with big robots.

Stig Hemmer

Macy herself is pretty dangerous.  The "Danger! Attack!" attitude causes very many problems.

Live and let live is my motto. >:3 :3
Stig Hemmer, at your disservice.

iceick

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on January 22, 2011, 07:49:30 PM
I have to agree on this; plus she was also created with an unknown compound, so in reality we aren't sure what that compound can do.
If you read carfully Lorenda said unstable compound not unknown compound. Jyrras knew what the compound was the entire time he was doing the experiment. And when the bubble gum was mixed with the unstable compound creating Deebs it was stablized.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: iceick on January 23, 2011, 03:56:44 AM
I have to agree on this; plus she was also created with an unknown compound, so in reality we aren't sure what that compound can do.
If you read carfully Lorenda said unstable compound not unknown compound. Jyrras knew what the compound was the entire time he was doing the experiment. And when the bubble gum was mixed with the unstable compound creating Deebs it was stablized.

My apologies, I meant to say unstable to begin with; which it's now edited accordingly. :)

Although, I'm having a hard time finding where it says she's been stabilized; do you know where it says that?

Tangent

Everyone knows books are dangerous. That's why people burn them all the time. *rolls eyes*

*glances at his book collection* *evil glint in his eyes* Heh heh heh...
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

Grey Wolf

To be fair, Macy is still very young.

Also, I just wanted to say I love Jyrras's face in the second panel. It looks a bit like his mother's. I like seeing the influence of the Kangaroo genes.
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

iceick

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on January 23, 2011, 06:43:55 AM
Quote from: iceick on January 23, 2011, 03:56:44 AM

My apologies, I meant to say unstable to begin with; which it's now edited accordingly. :)

Although, I'm having a hard time finding where it says she's been stabilized; do you know where it says that?

It doesn't say it anywhere. I was just refering to the law of physics that when an unstable compound explodes the compond created from the explosion becomes stable. I'm guessing this to be true with the magic in Furrae as well unless Amber explanes otherwise.

Jasonrevall

This conversation with Macy and her father reminds me of all those arguments I've seen and had with teenagers, and maybe even done when I was a teenager. If it's not a perfect answer, then it's wrong and they win :P.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Anker Steadfast

All Hail Deathbringer - Book Monster extraordinaire !!  :D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.