16/01/2011 [DMFA #1189] - They grow up so fast

Started by Jack McSlay, January 16, 2011, 06:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McSlay

Upon reading this page, this was the first thing that came in mind (and I think a number of other readers' too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL5g_-tEpQw
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

He should enjoy the time she is still young enough not to initiate response four him left and right...   :<

Still, it's kind of unusual to see Jyrras of all people in the father role. It's ... well... a new facette of his character...  :U

Lastly, given how they speak of her "next" chassis, I wonder how many others she has had before.

Castle Pokemetroid

I question to how old she maybe. For all I know, she could of started off as a computer program on his computer.

Actually, now that I think of it, I can't remember the first comic she (it?) appeared in. When Abel snuck into Jy's house like twenty or so comics ago, right?

I think it was around the first time Deebs came to life. And as so many things, it looked like nothing more than a one-shot gag at that time. But I can't seem to find the exact comic at the moment.  :[

hawkofthenorth

Quote from: 127.0.0.2 on January 16, 2011, 06:45:45 AM
I think it was around the first time Deebs came to life. And as so many things, it looked like nothing more than a one-shot gag at that time. But I can't seem to find the exact comic at the moment.  :[

I guess that depends on when Deebs came to life, but I'm thinking it's not quite -that- close. Macy there first gained sentience shortly after Lorenda learned about Deebs herself, which... well, who knows how long after Deebs came into being that was? But she'd clearly been around by that time, yeah? Comic where it all happens.

ETA - So there was something bugging me about Macy's appearance here. But I got it. It's the -ears-. She has retractable ears. Neat.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Ah, just like all young girls growing up; they are never truly happy with how they look......  :P

MT Hazard

Debbs and Macey are the same age, but I would but Macey at around 11- 13 in mindset and Debbs at about 5 - 8.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

AmberCross

Not quite the same age. Deebs is older by I think several months. She is clearly the older of the two though perhaps not in mindset. Then again with setience being gained this way it's really hard to tell mental age since a lot of the thousand plus year old fae probably act like five to eight year olds too.

That_wolf

DMFA: Where no gag ever dies. Or something like that.

(the quote was refferencing the non cannon spy poof becoming cannon. What did wildy do with all that money?)
Abel needs a hug...

AmberCross

Probably bad, evil, and ferrety things. Either that or it's held in reserve so she can do bad, evil, and ferrety things on a moment's whim.

Nerikull

Answer to response four: "...and don't you give me that look! I will send you to your room!"
--Nerikull Murakami
"When life hands you lemons, chuck them back until life hands you the winning lottery ticket!"

Ghostwish

I got flashbacks to the assassin droid from the old republic games. XD

AxiLarin

They may be rather... unconventional children, but Deebs and Mace are children none the less, and it's nice to see Jyrras in parent mode having a chat with one of his daughters.

And Jyrras does look so much better (read also cuter) without his glasses.

Madmann135

By the looks of things Jyrras is growing to be a responsible father, or trying to be.
Macey is adorable in a robotic rabbit/Kangaroo rat sort of way.
I still can not Imagine her in a griffin mech chassis.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

joshofspam

Can't wait until Jyrras brings them so his mother and father can meet their grandchildren.

I wonder how they'll spoil Jyrras's kids? :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

OminousShadow

Quote from: joshofspam on January 16, 2011, 11:07:39 AM
Can't wait until Jyrras brings them so his mother and father can meet their grandchildren.

I'm pretty sure they might find it somewhat disturbing that they have sentient bubblegum and a robot for grandchildren.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Scrap Fish

But somehow I feel they'll respond: "I should have known this would happen."

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Baal Hadad

"Don't you initiate response three me, missy!"   :giggle  Hilarious.  Makes you wonder what responses one and two are....

Colelinic

But what happens if they ever ask about their mother?

Madmann135

Quote from: Colelinic on January 16, 2011, 12:32:27 PM
But what happens if they ever ask about their mother?

In a way Mab is Deebs mom ...Macey the energy reactor.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

MT Hazard

Any idea what M.A.C.E stands for ?

I'm guessing 'mechanical' and 'entity' are the first and last, not sure of the others.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Captain

Quote from: Jack McSlay on January 16, 2011, 06:09:06 AM
Upon reading this page, this was the first thing that came in mind (and I think a number of other readers' too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL5g_-tEpQw

I had to continuously listen to that while reading this thread.

and don't you dare respond to me with response three.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Balance

Quote from: Castle Pokemetroid on January 16, 2011, 06:43:36 AM
I question to how old she maybe. For all I know, she could of started off as a computer program on his computer.

Macy was born in strip 376. That was right after Jyrras introduced Deebs to Lorenda and explained where she came from, but I have the impression that Deebs had been around for a while before that--though probably not for very long, like AmberCross said.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: MT Hazard on January 16, 2011, 09:20:29 AM
Debbs and Macey are the same age, but I would but Macey at around 11- 13 in mindset and Debbs at about 5 - 8.

Debbs is or seems to be maturing at the normal of a Being... MACEy is a computer/AI so she could be maturing at accelerated rated... One would think that she is a 14-16 old year asking for the car and a pretty dress for the dance at the same time.  

I wonder WHAT improvements and advances Jy has put into the new design....of robo- gryphon

:mowmeep     PBH

Hazmat

Panel 1: Awwwwww~ *collapses from hyperglycaemia*

iceick

Quote from: OminousShadow on January 16, 2011, 11:38:37 AM
Quote from: joshofspam on January 16, 2011, 11:07:39 AM

I'm pretty sure they might find it somewhat disturbing that they have sentient bubblegum and a robot for grandchildren.
Especially considering that creating new sentient life without authorization from the creature counsel is punishable by consumtion of ones soul. However, considering that Jy's mom is one of the most ruthless lawers that she is considered an evil being she might fight the creature counsel for that authorization for an unreasonable fee or turn her son in.

Congo Jack

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on January 16, 2011, 08:36:42 AM
Ah, just like all young girls growing up; they are never truly happy with how they look......  :P
I've got an impression that new "chassis" for her is like new car for a teenager.

Tapewolf

Quote from: iceick on January 16, 2011, 02:46:39 PM
Especially considering that creating new sentient life without authorization from the creature counsel is punishable by consumtion of ones soul.

That may be exaggeration to prove the point, but AFAIK the consequences for doing that haven't really been spelled out.  After all, there are many races that could attempt it and a punishment that might work for one race isn't guaranteed to work on another.  For example, the top canididate for race creation (Fae) don't really have souls to consume...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

techmaster-glitch

Robot!  :mowhappy

And I do believe I detect a little HK-47 syntax there, too... :3

Infranscia

Being the fan of intelligent technology that I am, I think this is my favorite DMFA comic so far.  X3  Probably with an extra kick since I've tried to picture an organic father/robotic child relation before, in about the same stage of development.  This is definitely a different take.

Hmm... I wonder what kind of voice Macy has?  With that kind of chassis, I'm picturing the echo-y, metallic type of voice, with a vaguely female sound.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)