31/12/2010 [DMFA# 1182] - Educating the dead

Started by MT Hazard, December 31, 2010, 06:51:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

That_wolf

Abel needs a hug...

Anri

Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 31, 2010, 08:18:28 AM
I'm just happy to get a bit more insight into Devin's recreation... and more pictures of Kria.

;>.>

Don't judge me.

I, too, am all for more Kria. :3

Zaejue

...I would like to learn more about Devins reeducation
Me thinks it would make an interesting bonus comic *wink wink nudge nudge cough cough die*

Draken

Quote from: Zaejue on December 31, 2010, 11:35:34 PM*wink wink nudge nudge cough cough die*

Dude, you need to be careful.  I've heard that WWNN Syndrome is very contagious.  Next thing you know, everyone is doing it.

I for one would also like to see more Younger Kria Pics, be it as a longer flashback, or a new miniseries *wink wink nudge nudge*
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Nino

Quote from: AmigaDragon on December 31, 2010, 02:49:50 PM
Am I the only one to notice that she said "regained a soul" not "regained their soul"? It could all be a random jumble of who got what soul. Now, would the lost memories be with the soul or the physical brain? Or an integral (now swiss-cheesed) combination of both?

Well yeah, the question of Devin's soul has been out there for awhile now because of what's on his cast page:

"Being one of the first Undead before sentience was re-gained, and having had to create his personality from scratch once he did regain sentience...it is unknown if Devin's soul is that of the original being or if it is an all new individual entirely. Either way, Devin seems to not care."

I doubt we'll get an answer directly... maybe somehow it'll be answered later in the comic. I'm inclined to believe it's the original soul just because it'd be super depressing if it wasn't.

Quote from: imbrius on December 31, 2010, 08:35:57 PM
I felt the need to come out of lurker status for this post.  Going through a bit of a rough patch and DMFA is one of the things that's kept me sane.

Man, I've been there. Back in my freshman year the highlight of my day was often coming home to a DMFA strip =p

Turnsky

Devin beat a Wookiee at chess. That's what happened.  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Mao

Just so we're clear:  There is an end to DMFA and, last time she and I talked about this (which could be months ago, I don't remember), it wasn't any time soon.

imbrius

Hooray!  So I can look forward to reading DMFA for a long while to come!  And the imbrius rejoiced!  (/rejoice)

Naldru

Looking at this, I was reminded of the Halloween version of One Finger, One Thumb that we used to sing in the Boy Scouts.  We would replace the words "Keep Moving" with the words "Keep Losing".  I believe that it could either refer to zombies or lepers in that they were known for losing body parts.  One of the verses in the modified version contained "one, arm, two arms, keep losing".
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Cogidubnus

You know, for a demon lady of of great power, who simply wants her progeny to burn and pillage a town or two, it seems like Kria has managed to raise two very nice, well-adjusted people. :3

Or so it seems, anyhow.

Arcblade

Yeah.  One of Amber's running assumptions for this comic seems to be that evil doesn't have to be random maliciousness.  Incredibly obvious reference being here.  So Kria might be pure evil, and yet still be a good mother.  And her kids, adoptive or otherwise, are clear proof of this. 

Turnsky

Quote from: Arcblade on January 01, 2011, 09:14:34 PM
Yeah.  One of Amber's running assumptions for this comic seems to be that evil doesn't have to be random maliciousness.  Incredibly obvious reference being here.  So Kria might be pure evil, and yet still be a good mother.  And her kids, adoptive or otherwise, are clear proof of this. 

yes, and given Kria was a teacher in the past, we all know that some teachers can be the purest form of evil to be found ever to exist.

so it all fits.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Pretzel

I'm wondering how Abel will react once he learns that his former teacher is Lorenda's mum. *grin*

jeffh4

Quote from: Mao Laoren on January 01, 2011, 07:45:52 AM
Just so we're clear:  There is an end to DMFA and, last time she and I talked about this (which could be months ago, I don't remember), it wasn't any time soon.
Which begs the obvious question....what does she have in mind after DMFA?  Abel and Lorenda's Furry Adventures?  :-)

I do like how Amber goes for the Japanese style/Hayao Miyazaki evil characters that have realistic motivations, complex personalities, and naturally perform some good actions that are consistant with their internal philosophies.  That in contrast to western-style/Disney evil characters who have no redeaming qualities so as not to confuse the audience when they inevitably die.

Chairtastic

Quote from: That_wolf on December 31, 2010, 10:19:18 PM
Devin in strip 3 looks so cute.
I second this sentiment.
Quote from: Pretzel on January 02, 2011, 12:29:06 AM
I'm wondering how Abel will react once he learns that his former teacher is Lorenda's mum. *grin*
Cynical acceptance?  After the emotional roller coaster of this day so far?

Maark30

I am thinking that he will handle her a touch better than he does Fa'Lina.  Kria was his mothers friend and that was not a lie.  The only thing that might set him off on her is if he remembers the outpost and puts 2 and 2 together.
Proud member of the "Let the artist know how much you love her work" club

OminousShadow

He will go into a temporary mental shutdown due to so much stuff from his past resurfacing at once.
97% of teens would cry if they saw Robert Pattinson (Edward Cullen from Twilight) standing on top of a skyscraper, about to jump. If you're one of the 3% who would sit there eating popcorn screaming "DO A FLIP, YOU SPARKLY (I am not smart enough to use polite words)!" then copy and paste.

Shachza

Quote from: Anri on December 31, 2010, 11:04:54 PM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on December 31, 2010, 08:18:28 AM
I'm just happy to get a bit more insight into Devin's recreation... and more pictures of Kria.

;>.>

Don't judge me.

I, too, am all for more Kria. :3

Yes, please!

Quote from: Maark30 on January 02, 2011, 02:32:32 AM

I am thinking that he will handle her a touch better than he does Fa'Lina.  Kria was his mothers friend and that was not a lie.  The only thing that might set him off on her is if he remembers the outpost and puts 2 and 2 together.

Since he's already mentioned the day Devin died, he should already be in the process of performing that simple math.
            <-- #1 that is!

Tangent

By the way, am I alone in this weird mental image caused by the thread's title of someone walking through the city wheeling a wheelbarrow around and ringing a bell while shouting "Educate your dead! Educate your dead!" and then a corpse lifting its head up and saying "But I already have a degree in astrophysics!" ^^;;
Robert A. Howard, Tangents Reviews
http://www.tangents.us

imbrius

Quote from: Tangent on January 02, 2011, 02:08:28 PM
By the way, am I alone in this weird mental image caused by the thread's title of someone walking through the city wheeling a wheelbarrow around and ringing a bell while shouting "Educate your dead! Educate your dead!" and then a corpse lifting its head up and saying "But I already have a degree in astrophysics!" ^^;;

And just *where* do you corpses think you're going to actually *use* your astrophysics degrees, hmm?  I don't recall seeing too many undead professors of astronomy on the faculty lists.

Attic Rat

Quote from: imbrius on January 02, 2011, 04:28:02 PM

And just *where* do you corpses think you're going to actually *use* your astrophysics degrees, hmm?  I don't recall seeing too many undead professors of astronomy on the faculty lists.

Whoa, what a thought. With all of that time available, the undead would be good candidates for professorial positions. Many of the instructors I've had already resembled the undead to some small degree... And the administrators would love having instructors who don't need to eat or sleep! Hmmm... This is worth some contemplation.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Attic Rat on January 02, 2011, 04:40:17 PM
Quote from: imbrius on January 02, 2011, 04:28:02 PM

Whoa, what a thought. With all of that time available, the undead would be good candidates for professorial positions. Many of the instructors I've had already resembled the undead to some small degree... And the administrators would love having instructors who don't need to eat or sleep! Hmmm... This is worth some contemplation.

It all makes so much sense now, my old math teacher was an undead ... a mummy of some sort, I think, or perhaps a dried up zombie.

When he farted. dust came out.

:D

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Unsilenced

For a mass-murdering bitch she seems pretty nice...
Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"

joshofspam

Quote from: Unsilenced on January 02, 2011, 07:37:55 PM

I'm not sure of that. Maybe by association, but by her own hands we only know of two, possibly four that have been killed by her.

While we know she killed Lorenda's father and mistress, we don't know exactly what happened to the gardener and pizza delivery man. She also seems to gotten away without killing anyone on her mission in the past where she found Abel http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Abel_69.php .

It also seemed like she was more like warning off Jyrras that he should be quite so the more aggressive creatures don't get him stuck in their teeth. After all, Kria could have taken an arm if she really wanted too.

It just seems like Kria likes chaos and mayham. It doesn't seem like she makes killing her pleasure. More like it's just business for her. Though a lot could have happend in beetween Abel's story and the main story.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Alondro

*Charline awws*   Poor Devin, such hardships he must endure!  I feel sorry for him...  :<

... looks around at the incredulous crowd.  "Drat, I knew no one would believe me."   :P
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Zinc210

I really like the third panel. It just looks o sweet! :U

Every time I turn around, Amber makes me lurve Kria more... I'm not sure how much I appreciate that... xD

Congo Jack

Quote from: joshofspam on January 02, 2011, 08:42:48 PM
Quote from: Unsilenced on January 02, 2011, 07:37:55 PM

I'm not sure of that. Maybe by association, but by her own hands we only know of two, possibly four that have been killed by her.

Nah. She makes her murders with impeccable discretion.  :mowhappy

Mass-murdering bitch is Regina - and all reputation she got is petty psyhotic monster. While Kria probably killed less people per se, they were much higher level, thus earning the fame of known, feared, and loved adversary.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Congo Jack on January 03, 2011, 05:31:25 AM

Nah. She makes her murders with impeccable discretion.  :mowhappy

Mass-murdering bitch is Regina - and all reputation she got is petty psyhotic monster. While Kria probably killed less people per se, they were much higher level, thus earning the fame of known, feared, and loved adversary.

The evil murdering bitch award still resides with Destania for her time in SAIA. Also, despite motherhood slowing her down she is still apparently planing genocide.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Congo Jack

In parallel with Kria - Regina, I bet Aaryanna already outmatched her former teacher in head count, being shallow and indiscretive she is.

Kirishala

Quote from: Congo Jack on January 03, 2011, 05:31:25 AMNah. She makes her murders with impeccable discretion.  :mowhappy

Considering that Kria is twenty times as old as Regina (418 to 23) and known to go on occasional rampages I would very much doubt that Regina has managed to kill more people than Kria, Regina just hasn't had the time to do so yet.