20/12/2010 [DMFA# 1179] - Happy happy....sad sad?

Started by Draken, December 21, 2010, 02:07:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Draken

Well.  Nice of Abel to be so blunt.  Did we expect any different?  Poor Lorenda.  Ouch.   :mowsad

Imagine Lorenda's expression when she hears of her mom's involvement.  She may not have done it herself, but still.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Turnsky

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

joshofspam

Abel certainly gets touchy when his past is brought up.

I wonder if there are take backsies for statements that you really didn't mean, but said because you already had a thought where the conversation was going?

That Fairy was right. "Hey! Listen!

What would Abel do if he ever did meet Jyrras's sisters?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Attic Rat

Just "Energy beam?" Not "Mage-blast," or "Doom-Fire," or "Hell-bore" or anything poetic like that?

Well, maybe Abel isn't entirely sure of exactly what kind of demon-spawned actinic burning lance of coruscating, flesh-ionizing, explosive, hydrostatic-shock-inducing death-ray hit Devin, and is going with a generic term...

Or maybe he's saving the detailed description for when Lorenda has had a chance to let him go, and doesn't.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Captain

next stop something involving...

actually forget it.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Madd the Sane

Ah, so Devin Soulstealer does want to know more about his past. I thought it was just Lorenda pushing it on Devin.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

iceick

Quote from: Abel
The last time I "saw" Devin was when he was killed by an energy beam going right through his chest.
Quote from: Lorenda
Really? That's so great!
:erk
Talk about an akward situation. Obviously Lorenda wasn't really listening to Abel when she responded.

Tapewolf

Quote from: joshofspam on December 21, 2010, 02:44:55 AM

Devin was murdered on the one day that he and Abel had finally put aside their differences.  Abel clearly seems to have blamed himself for inadvertently causing Devin's death by distracting him at a critical moment.  He probably has suspicions that his old schoolteacher was responsible.  So yeah, touchy subject.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

LionHeart

I have to say, Abel's statement is almost exactly what I was expecting...
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

AxiLarin

Lorenda's a wonderful lady for wanting to help her adopted brother regain his memories.  I would love to have a sister like her.  I just feel awful that the truth is going to wake her up to the unpleasant reality of her family's deeds... or at least moreso than she's already aware.

To Kria's credit, she did feel remorse about what happened to Devin and made sure he was protected after Aliph turned him undead.

That_wolf

Quote from: Madd the Sane on December 21, 2010, 03:18:25 AM
Ah, so Devin Soulstealer does want to know more about his past. I thought it was just Lorenda pushing it on Devin.

I just hope he doesn't react TOO poorly when he hears how big of a buthead he was.

What would Abel do if he ever did meet Jyrras's sisters?

I think it would be more or less what happened with Dan. But with more asexuality.

And more snark.
Abel needs a hug...

Evilkritter

I believe that Abel is one of the few characters I know of who can decisively point to a single day that was the worst day of [his] live. Seriously, everything wrong with his life (that we know of) hit the fan that day.

I figure that Kria told Devin everything she knew about him. She only knew his name because when she heard Abel say it as Devin lay dying on the ground; Kria knew nothing about him beside that and no one was left who would go looking for Devin, and Kria knew that sking around at the time would raise suspicion of the Soulstealer's involvement. By now anyone who knew Devin beyond name and face would be dead (except Abel, of course).

Kuari

Quote from: That_wolf on December 21, 2010, 10:43:13 AM
I just hope he doesn't react TOO poorly when he hears how big of a buthead he was.

Considering what he did with the hedge shears, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Starcat5

Able: "You were an unmitigated a******."
Dev: "Oh, good. Undeath hasn't really changed me much. I was worried."
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

SpottedKitty

Quote from: Draken on December 21, 2010, 02:07:42 AM

Imagine Lorenda's expression when she hears of her mom's involvement.

Is that the only thing Abel could tell her about what happened? Thinking back to that scene in Abel's Story, do we know how long Abel was standing outside that door listening? Did he hear what Fa'lina not-very-subtly hinted at to Kria? Intriguing.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

llearch n'n'daCorna

I do find it amusing that Lorenda has, entirely unthinkingly, captured Abel in a headlock.

... and still hasn't let him go.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

bradypodidae

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on December 21, 2010, 04:31:17 PM
I do find it amusing that Lorenda has, entirely unthinkingly, captured Abel in a headlock.

So... he really is just a big Plush Doll begging for hugs?
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Captain

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 21, 2010, 04:31:59 AM

Devin was murdered on the one day that he and Abel had finally put aside their differences.  Abel clearly seems to have blamed himself for inadvertently causing Devin's death by distracting him at a critical moment.  He probably has suspicions that his old schoolteacher was responsible.  So yeah, touchy subject.

Putting this in for reference
Devin explaining why he was a jerk to Abel should be starting at 50.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Sind

Quote from: Evilkritter on December 21, 2010, 11:35:48 AM
I believe that Abel is one of the few characters I know of who can decisively point to a single day that was the worst day of [his] live. Seriously, everything wrong with his life (that we know of) hit the fan that day.

This day isn't turning out that much better XD

And yeah, Abal doesn't really know who shot first Devin, so =/

All I want to know right now is if Lorenda thinks it was him who killed Devin =3

joshofspam

You know, all this talk about how Abel may take the involvement of Kria's attack got me thinking about why they attacked the outpost in the first place?

Beings and Demons have had their little and big spats in the past. But an outpost close to the Creature and being city would be an excellent way of killing Creatures coming and going there. While the slaughter of the outpost was shocking, could something other than a land grab had been going on?

Beings probably wouldn't have excepted either case so it would still need to be kept silent. Could there have been more to the attack that got Devon killed than what we saw?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on December 21, 2010, 04:36:28 PM

Nah, but being a demon mare Lorenda is very strong.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on December 21, 2010, 04:31:59 AMAbel clearly seems to have blamed himself for inadvertently causing Devin's death by distracting him at a critical moment.  He probably has suspicions that his old schoolteacher was responsible.  So yeah, touchy subject.
Perhaps if he had devoted time over the centuries to think about the event, the possibility of her involvement might have popped up a few times.

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 21, 2010, 08:48:39 PM
Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on December 21, 2010, 04:36:28 PM

Nah, but being a demon mare Lorenda is very strong.
But if it were down to an all out fight, I'm sure Abel would have the upper hand, since Lorenda is only half demon and in their case that reduces their power. Also, Abel is 375 years older with 350 years of incubus (and other esoteric) schooling.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

That_wolf

Quote from: Kuari on December 21, 2010, 12:55:32 PM
Quote from: That_wolf on December 21, 2010, 10:43:13 AM

Considering what he did with the hedge shears, I'm sure he'll be fine.

Wait... what? Can somone link me I'm kinda lost at hedge shears.
Abel needs a hug...

hawkofthenorth

Quote from: That_wolf on December 22, 2010, 11:22:40 AM
Wait... what? Can somone link me I'm kinda lost at hedge shears.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_991.php

... Man, for my second post after almost a year of lurking, this is kinda weak. Sorry to everyone who was expecting more out of me (that is to say, sorry, me)!

Alondro

*Charline de Lyon feh!*  I don't see what Abel's so upset about.  I've seen hundreds of people murdered before my eyes and it hasn't phased me a bit!

*Charles erms*  But, you were the one murdering them...

*Charline uhms*  Just a minor technicality!   :shifty
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Anker Steadfast

btw .. I just noticed that the title of the mainpage today, is Humbuuuuuuuuggies!

Who is this Humbuggie, and can we hug it ?  :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Inumo

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on December 23, 2010, 12:09:01 PM
btw .. I just noticed that the title of the mainpage today, is Humbuuuuuuuuggies!

Who is this Humbuggie, and can we hug it ?  :)

Well, considering the rant, I'm guessing Amber's the Humbuggie. If you can reach her to give her a hug, go for it!

Ryy Lazurus

Don't you think that Abel would consider that Devin, had he not been killed on that lovely sunny day, would have been long dead anyway?
At least his former foe seems content and happy(ish?)

All though, I think Abel is nano seconds away from a major rant in Lorenda's general direction.

Draken

Dude, Abel is nanoseconds away from a rant with anybody.  He's constantly as agitated as a snow leopard in an automated-rocking-chair museum with glass rubbing on glass in the background with two high pitched toddlers playing with stretched cellophane as backup.  And that's on a good day :P
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>