11/14/2010 [DMFA #1166] - Nope. I can haz no imagination.

Started by Howl, November 14, 2010, 12:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Howl

If I said sleeping Matilda wasn't cute, I'd be lying.

Edit: Fixed your topic. HTH, HAND.
-- llearch

iceick

Couldn't you think of anything better to title this like:
All work and no adventure make Matilda Zzzz.

But anyway, wow, this is the first time Matilda's eyes were all facing the same direction in all of the sceens.

Howl

AxiLarin

Quote from: Howl on November 14, 2010, 12:36:36 AM

I second, third, and fifteenth that.  I adore her.  :love2

iceick

Quote from: AxiLarin on November 14, 2010, 06:09:00 AM

I second, third, and fifteenth that.  I adore her.  :love2
Apparently I'm not the only ones here with multiple personalities. Unfortunatly for us we don't always get along, but when my most evil side decides to be nice he'll allow me to read other peoples minds.
(Wait, that's pure evil, I shouldn't be digging into other peoples thoughts).
[Why do I care? If it wasn't for that ability most of us wouldn't be here].
<Forget Matilda. Bring out somemore pictures of Wildy naked in the bathtub>.
([{Shut up, no one asked us}]).

MT Hazard

Adventuring may be a exciting profession but a dangerous one, as Dan noted many tend to die in their 'mid thirties mid battle.'

My own theory on D&D style adventurers  is that 90% of them must fail for it to be a viable career for the other 10%, where do you think the monsters get their treasure from?
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

ArchTeryx

I still maintain that she's one of the most likeable, down to earth characters in this strip.  Hot personality and all, I'd happily visit her shop just to hang out and talk with her.

The non-adventurous ones can be interesting all in their own way, even if not the easiest characters to write in an adventure strip.  :)

Mao

Quote from: iceick on November 14, 2010, 06:37:36 AM
Apparently I'm not the only ones here with multiple personalities. Unfortunatly for us we don't always get along, but when my most evil side decides to be nice he'll allow me to read other peoples minds.
(Wait, that's pure evil, I shouldn't be digging into other peoples thoughts).
[Why do I care? If it wasn't for that ability most of us wouldn't be here].
<Forget Matilda. Bring out somemore pictures of Wildy naked in the bathtub>.
([{Shut up, no one asked us}]).

RP forum is further down on the list.  There's only one person allowed to RP outside of it and even that's only because it was grandfathered in.

Shachza

Quote from: Mao Laoren on November 14, 2010, 09:09:10 AM
RP forum is further down on the list.  There's only one person allowed to RP outside of it and even that's only because it was grandfathered in.

Huh.  I've always wondered about that.  So you need a grandfather who role-plays on the main forums eh?

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 14, 2010, 07:12:23 AM
Adventuring may be a exciting profession but a dangerous one, as Dan noted many tend to die in their 'mid thirties mid battle.'

My own theory on D&D style adventurers  is that 90% of them must fail for it to be a viable career for the other 10%, where do you think the monsters get their treasure from?

If you played under the DM that I do, you would know that that's true.  I think out of 10 or 12 different adventures so far we've got only 2 or 3 where the characters are still alive/not Chaotic Evil.  And I'm counting the one where we all got turned into Wererats in the first 2 sessions because we're not Chaotic Evil yet.
            <-- #1 that is!

Madmann135

Quote from: AxiLarin on November 14, 2010, 06:09:00 AM

I second, third, and fifteenth that.  I adore her.  :love2

I am in full agreement.  Dan is one lucky ...cat.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

iceick

Quote from: Mao Laoren on November 14, 2010, 09:09:10 AM
Sorry, I didn't even realize I was RP when I made that joke.

VAE

Poor Matilda, even Furrae has zoning.
Where is the world going? Where?
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

MT Hazard

Well, DMFA does have a significant element of Mundane Fantastic. Sure magic is real in Furrae but it's normal for them, something you can get a job in, not something people stare slack jawed in awe at.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Scrap Fish

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 14, 2010, 07:12:23 AM

Actually, 90% monsters have only a few coppers from farm raids/snitched purses, only 10% of monsters are successful.
90% of monsters/adventurers are supplied off of eachother and small scale crime... Not satisfied with slim pickings, 80% of unsuccessful adventurers fight the 10% of successful monsters, resulting in the sustaining of 30% of successful monsters.  The other 70% of successful monsters are sustained off of large-scale destruction/despoilment of lands, and the occasional ancient hoard discovery/inheritance.
These 10% of monsters then supply 98% of successful adventurers, with a 2% discovery of ancient hoard possibility.

Does any of this make any sense? Probably not.
Does any of it matter? Definitely not.
Do I totally envy the fact Matilda's sleeping? HECK YES I DO.
I can totally relate to her being bored out of her skull by work... I'm probably going to be up till 4:00 because of my dang ADD!

But still, Matilda is awwwdorble.

Now, then, research can be just as exciting if I put my mind to it!

Just spreading the confusion around. There's enough for everybody!

Naldru

Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Captain

Nice to know the proper name of the 80/20 but is there a trick to remembering it?
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Captain on November 15, 2010, 08:24:59 PM
Nice to know the proper name of the 80/20 but is there a trick to remembering it?

Yes. "Don't forget." ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

R!P

I hope it's played up to narcoleptic level later on, shes like one big reptilian kitten X3