11/23/2010 [DMFA #1169] - How appropriate, you fight like a cow

Started by Tapewolf, November 23, 2010, 04:52:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

I wonder if Wildy can make those ice pillars different flavors? :P

Though has anyone noticed Dan isn't using his tentacles yet? Though I do wonder if Dan does know at least a few spells?

Don't worry about turkey delays Amber. Those tend to be the most delishes delays out there. ;)
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

MT Hazard

Quote from: joshofspam on November 26, 2010, 12:49:20 PM

Though has anyone noticed Dan isn't using his tentacles yet? Though I do wonder if Dan does know at least a few spells?

Dan's tentacles are a symbol of his cubi heritage, something he's not willing to embrace just yet, plus that whole 12 extra eyes thing probably takes some getting used to.

The last time he used magic was the indecent that knocked all of his baby teeth out (Although there is his sword trick)
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

joshofspam

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 26, 2010, 12:58:12 PM
Quote from: joshofspam on November 26, 2010, 12:49:20 PM

Dan's tentacles are a symbol of his cubi heritage, something he's not willing to embrace just yet, plus that whole 12 extra eyes thing probably takes some getting used to.

The last time he used magic was the indecent that knocked all of his baby teeth out (Although there is his sword trick)

True, magic he probably wouldn't rely on a spell that could accidentally knock out a tooth. But then I wonder if there are a few support spells other than instant weapon that Dan would use, like sharpend blade or an a vigor spell?

Though the tentacle thing is more of is your life more important than your unaccountability with your heritage? After all he probably owns in part his life to the second time when he meet Regina and after Regina resurrected DP. In fact considering Wildy happened to strong arm Dan to take her on an adventure once. I wouldn't be surprised if she would try to get Dan to start training with them.

Then again it would probably be safer practicing with Abel or at least in some gym in the academy. Dan probably would have actual problems working them in a more controlled situation. It seemed like the only reason he could control those tentacles in that case was he had one real focus. Killing Regina and DP. If that's all the control he has , then maybe steering clear of that is the best.
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Anker Steadfast

Lets not forget that Dan are sort of in denial about using Magic ... he really doesn't want to use either magic or Cubi abilities, if he can avoid it.
And I'm not sure if he has learned the Sword Trick yet, though he did seem to like it when Abel showed it to him.

Made the Doctor's tea taste of Joy. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on November 26, 2010, 05:40:39 PM
Lets not forget that Dan are sort of in denial about using Magic ... he really doesn't want to use either magic or Cubi abilities, if he can avoid it.

I'm not sure about that - remember Regina.  He even started out by trying to mind-read Biggs.  I think he's starting to accept that the 'Cubi abilities can be handy.  Magic, perhaps not yet.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Congo Jack

Tentacle play is something Dan must concentrate on, and right now he's up to just having fun.

MT Hazard

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 26, 2010, 06:18:39 PM
Quote from: Anker Steadfast on November 26, 2010, 05:40:39 PM

I'm not sure about that - remember Regina.  He even started out by trying to mind-read Biggs.  I think he's starting to accept that the 'Cubi abilities can be handy.  Magic, perhaps not yet.

His fight against D.P and Reg was mostly rage. He "didn't think about a lot of things" (his words) and nearly got killed.

His best option, and the best option to teach him, is saying 'this magic/ability will be useful to an adventurer' as he will have hundreds of years of potential adventuring left in him.

As for the sword trick, I refer to is the fact he can pull them out of thin air, although he insists he is just hiding them.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Anker Steadfast

Ah that trick, nah, that's just the fact that the Robe has hidden pockets, according to Dan.

Besides, how many computer games have you seen where they pull stuff out from nowhere, but it was in their inventory all the time ?
Well, in a magical world, this should actually be a possibility.

Basically, if the character says it's not magic, then, in his world, it's not magic.
Even if it would be in our world.

Different world, different rules.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Scow2

Quote from: Congo Jack on November 28, 2010, 05:36:23 AM
Tentacle play is something Dan must concentrate on, and right now he's up to just having fun.
Actually, he doesn't need to concentrate to use his tentacles. They are guided by instinct and a number of mini-dragon heads.
Quote from: MT Hazard on November 28, 2010, 06:45:45 AM
His fight against D.P and Reg was mostly rage. He "didn't think about a lot of things" (his words) and nearly got killed.
Actually, nobody thinks in that sort of fight, and are chemically incapable of thinking. They rely on muscle memory, reflex, and instinct, since the brain diverts resources from thought processes to perception and reaction time.

So... I'm thinking the reason he's not using his tentacles in this fight is because he'd rather fight as he always has (as a Being) to keep up his skills as an Adventurer Fighter. He probably would feel it's wrong to use his 'cubi abilities against a Being, but he has no qualms about using all resources and abilities available to him from his Creature heritage against non-being threats like Demons. One of the primary rules of Adventuring is to "Use Every Advantage You Have".

R!P

I wonder if he can use the tentacles as extra hands and mouths to cast spells, if he ever decided to be butt-hurt about his heritage  :kirby