11/09/2010 [DMFA #1164] - Break me down!

Started by Shachza, November 09, 2010, 01:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tiggertoo

Quote from: Hazmat on November 10, 2010, 04:29:16 PM
Abel seems to be in urgent need of a hug.
Shame the only things nearby are a sleeping kangaroo rat of questionable mental health, a large, inquisitive insect, the reanimated corpse of a childhood friend who was murdered in front of him and a pink bunny made out of bubblegum.

And a large mecha-bunny -- but again, not exactly high on the huggability index (unless you're Mab).

Attic Rat

Shame the only things nearby are a sleeping kangaroo rat of questionable mental health, a large, inquisitive insect, the reanimated corpse of a childhood friend who was murdered in front of him and a pink bunny made out of bubblegum.

And maybe a killer roo-bot.

This brings up a thought... Suppose a Cubi became delusional and believed himself to be somebody or something else; having the ability to assume the appearance of that "else," how would anyone ever know?
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Madd the Sane

Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Starcat5

Quote from: Attic Rat on November 10, 2010, 04:47:08 PM
This brings up a thought... Suppose a Cubi became delusional and believed himself to be somebody or something else; having the ability to assume the appearance of that "else," how would anyone ever know?
Actually, I always thought that was the cornerstone behind the belief that Dan and Able were brothers. After all, having permanent memory loss and having a fresh start at life would be about the only things keeping Dee from killing Aniz and eating his soul, because he would not BE Aniz anymore.

Not that I personally support this stance, but it IS a fun theory to poke at every once and a while. >:3
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: tiggertoo on November 10, 2010, 04:42:37 PM

And a large mecha-bunny -- but again, not exactly high on the huggability index (unless you're Mab).

On the plus side, Fa'Lina is never more than a short teleport away .. he could hug her. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Castle Pokemetroid

Wow, was Abel just drivin to insanity due to deebs?

Never thought that would happen.

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Tapewolf on November 09, 2010, 07:02:37 AM
But then again, Abel didn't leave the Academy in a terribly well-planned manner.

Not well planned from Abel's perspective, yes...But Fa'Lina could have seen this coming a mile away. Something about reconciling your past, in order to move into the future?
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Valynth

*looks around*

really?  I have to make the joke?  Alright, here goes...

Gentlemen Jyrras can rebuild him, he has the technology....  Better, stronger, faster...  Abel Rewanz will be the six million hugs man!

*promises to never make such a joke again.*
The fate of the world always rests in the hands of an idiot.  You should start treating me better.
Chant for something good and it may happen
Chant for something bad and it will happen
C.O.D.:  Chronic high speed lead poisoning  (etch that on my grave)

Starcat5

Quote from: Valynth on November 11, 2010, 06:51:38 AM
*promises to never make such a joke again.*
*Looks at Valynth, then at the unlit bonfire and VERY lit torch, then back at Valynth*
I'll hold you to that.

{Edit} For the record, the part I take offence with is you butchering the quote by tossing the word "Hugs" in there haphazardly. Calling him "The Six Million Dollar Cubi" would have been just fine. ...of course, once one accounts for inflation, it might be closer to "Six Billion", but that is just splitting hairs.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Arcblade

(mandatory reference to Vash The Stampede, also known as the 60 billion double-dollar man, here)

So, Abel's going to go have a mental breakdown.  This was probably overdue, come to think of it.  Wonder what Deebs is going to have to say.  And our bunny robot.  I definitely want to see more of her. 

As always, awesome comic, Amber.  Thanks for doing this and sharing it with us!

Mao

I'm all about the bunny robot.  I'd love to learn more about her.

iceick

You mean like what her name is? I along with a few other people are guessing M.A.C.E., but knowing Amber, it could be anything.

Starcat5

Quote from: Arcblade on November 11, 2010, 05:31:00 PM
(mandatory reference to Vash The Stampede, also known as the 60 billion double-dollar man, here)
You know, I never DID see the beginning of that series. I watched it from just AFTER he shot a hole in the Moon, up to the final ep. For that matter, I snagged the final ep on VHS when the local video store went under. I always ment to catch the rest of it, but could never find it, sadly. *Sigh* Maybe Netflix will start streeming it soon...

Inumo

Quote from: starcat5 on November 12, 2010, 01:52:29 AM
You know, I never DID see the beginning of that series. I watched it from just AFTER he shot a hole in the Moon, up to the final ep. For that matter, I snagged the final ep on VHS when the local video store went under. I always ment to catch the rest of it, but could never find it, sadly. *Sigh* Maybe Netflix will start streeming it soon...

Just make sure you watch it in Japanese, or Vash's voice won't sound nearly as comedic.

Starcat5

Quote from: Inumo on November 12, 2010, 01:59:30 AM
Just make sure you watch it in Japanese, or Vash's voice won't sound nearly as comedic.
Too late. It was on Cartoon Network when I saw it. Still, is there REALLY a way for him to deliver that "Peace and Love" line WITHOUT it being comedic?

Arcblade

Balance

Shame the only things nearby are a sleeping kangaroo rat of questionable mental health....
Mental stability aside, I imagine the roo rat in question would be happy to provide a hug when he wakes up. Or if, perchance, he should start sleepwalking.... :3

AmigaDragon

Quote from: starcat5 on November 12, 2010, 01:52:29 AM
You know, I never DID see the beginning of that series.
Never heard of it til now. And when I try to watch on youtube, some parts are "blocked in your country" for copyright reasons. I hate when they do that by region. Either remove it for everyone or open it for everyone.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Naldru

Quote from: AmigaDragon on November 13, 2010, 11:05:40 AM
Never heard of it til now. And when I try to watch on youtube, some parts are "blocked in your country" for copyright reasons. I hate when they do that by region. Either remove it for everyone or open it for everyone.

The world of licensing and distribution rights hits the world of the internet.  This is why DVD's are also licensed by regions.  The distributors in different countries for the same material have different policies on internet use and the structure of the internet allows this policy to be enforced.

Some years ago, there was a huge outcry about Disney saying that The Lion King had absolutely no connection to Kimba, The White Lion.  I saw an article years later that stated that Disney and the Japanese production company didn't really have a problem.  The problem was that there were legal battles going on over the distribution rights of Kimba, and Disney was terrified of being dragged into the case.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.