11/09/2010 [DMFA #1164] - Break me down!

Started by Shachza, November 09, 2010, 01:25:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shachza

And this is why you should always carry on a meaningful conversation with possible hallucinations before freaking out...

The amount of DAWWWWWWWWWW... in Deebs is astounding.  On an unrelated note, I think I'm becoming diabetic.   :mowdizzy
            <-- #1 that is!

RandomMetaphysics

I believe someone predicted Abel having a mental breakdown a few threads back. Cudos
Quote from: Shachza on November 09, 2010, 01:25:48 AM
On an unrelated note, I think I'm becoming diabetic.   :mowdizzy
We will have an epidemic on our hands if this keeps up :U

Madd the Sane

Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Infranscia

Yanno, for being insane, Abel is being quite reasonable. X3  But yeah, I've been waiting for a breakdown for awhile, along with others.  It's probably not going to be as severe as he expects, but I guess we'll see.

... *snrct*  Yeah, Abel.  You're seeing dead people, but not in the way that you are thinking about.  :mowwink
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Tapewolf

So I guess it didn't occur to him that there might be someone else of that species and rough colour scheme, or that the pink floaty thing might be some kind of mythos.  In a world that weird, judging your own sanity is going to be a little hard.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Psaakyrn

Though granted this isn't his first signs of a mental breakdown.. that would be his "dreamless" sleep.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

MT Hazard

Curious, by 'dead folk' does Abel mean 'people that I saw die' or 'undead'? The first would imply he does recognize his old 'friend'
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 09, 2010, 06:36:24 AM
Curious, by 'dead folk' does Abel mean 'people that I saw die' or 'undead'? The first would imply he does recognize his old 'friend'

Abel doesn't seem to have heard about the undead, which are a fairly recent invention.  I'm surprised that it doesn't seem to have been mentioned as one of the things-you-must-know-before-you-leave-SAIA, since the world outside can change pretty rapidly.  But then again, Abel didn't leave the Academy in a terribly well-planned manner.

EDIT: Given how much the Devin incident seems to have affected him, I'd be very surprised if Abel forgot about Devin.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

... And, of course, there's the issue of him seeing Devin after Devin died, courtesy of Destania...

That wouldn't have messed his head up at all, at all.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

tiggertoo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on November 09, 2010, 07:15:22 AM
... And, of course, there's the issue of him seeing Devin after Devin died, courtesy of Destania...

That wouldn't have messed his head up at all, at all.

Crap, how could I forget about that little slice of heaven - poor Abel.

Well, at least the little flying pink bunny hallucination is very nice -- though hopefully Abel won't ask her what her name is. It's also quite appropriate - though traditionally the rabbit is white: hello Abel, or should I say Alice?:

Alice: But I don't want to go among mad people.
The Cat: Oh, you can't help that. We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
Alice: How do you know I'm mad?
The Cat: You must be. Or you wouldn't have come here.

joshofspam

Well... is this the part when Deeb's sister comes along and pinches Abel?

Funny thing about Deeb's is she's all cute. But from what little is said by her sister I figure her to be more practical mind for discussion with bringing Abel back from a nerves breakdown. Though being an anthro bunny version of a robot character from Phantasy Star Online probably would make Abel then fear for his life insted of his sanity.

At least unlike Deeb's she has stayed hidden. Wonder how long thanks to Deeb's that will stay true?

Though when you have hallucinations I thought it was tradition to have little pink elephants instead of little pink bunnies float around your head? :B
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: joshofspam on November 09, 2010, 10:03:05 AM
Though when you have hallucinations I thought it was tradition to have little pink elephants instead of little pink bunnies float around your head? :B
That's more stereotypical for drunken hallucinations.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: tiggertoo on November 09, 2010, 09:51:53 AM
Well, at least the little flying pink bunny hallucination is very nice -- though hopefully Abel won't ask her what her name is. It's also quite appropriate - though traditionally the rabbit is white: hello Abel, or should I say Alice?:

... Follow the pink rabbit? Let's see how far down the rabbithole goes...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Anker Steadfast

Quite far I'm sure .. especially if he follows the robotic rabbit.  :D

On a sidenote - Daww, Deebs' concern for Abel is so cute.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Vanvidum

Paging Dr. Jyrras Gianna... Dr. Gianna needed in the mental health ward, please.

Given that Abel is known to hang around alone in dark rooms for long periods of time, how long might he be holed up in that corner?

Starcat5

My first reaction to this comic: "Ah, the sound of a paradime shifting without a clutch. Music to my ears."

My second reaction to this comic: *Out Loud* "You bwoke his widdle bwane! You bwoke his widdle bwane!" Lord of Nightmares only knows where in Hel's name THAT came from. I'm just glad I was alone in the house at the time. :mowdizzy
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Shachza

Quote from: starcat5 on November 09, 2010, 12:33:19 PM
My second reaction to this comic: *Out Loud* "You bwoke his widdle bwane! You bwoke his widdle bwane!" Lord of Nightmares only knows where in Hel's name THAT came from. I'm just glad I was alone in the house at the time. :mowdizzy

I believe that's a Tweety Bird quote.  So this would be the part where you say "Oh well," dress Abel up like a doll, hold an imaginary tea party with him, and tell him he's "such a pwitty widdle puddy tat."
            <-- #1 that is!

Howl

It just occurred to me that Abel's wings have been missing since 1159, while he had them in 1145. Probably to keep an unassuming appearance.

AmigaDragon

Quote from: starcat5 on November 09, 2010, 12:33:19 PM"Ah, the sound of a paradime shifting without a clutch.

What? That was my pair of dimes. I was wondering who took them off the table.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

iceick

Quote from: Howl on November 09, 2010, 02:06:02 PM
It just occurred to me that Abel's wings have been missing since 1159, while he had them in 1145. Probably to keep an unassuming appearance.
You noticed that too, although I doubt it's for the unassuming appearance because, except for Devin whom Abel wasn't expecting, everyone in or around the mansion knew Abel was a cubi.

EDIT:
Quote from: joshofspam on November 09, 2010, 10:03:05 AM
If there was a pink elephant Abel might have thought it was his transformations teacher.

lilpuppy23

Lets see here...
What Pip said and pi in general + weird bug thing + Devin coming back (and I think it is quite clear Abel has not forgotten about him) + floating pink bunny + a million other minor variables = ...

Well, suffice to say, I am not surprised Abel is having a breakdown right now...

MT Hazard

Sounds like a good time for Dan to sucker punch Abel and shout "PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER MAN!"
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Yeah, maybe "death-bringer" wasn't such a bad name after all  >:3

Still, how considerate of Abel in the last panel. How considerate.

Lego3400

Quote from: iceick on November 09, 2010, 03:18:02 PM
You noticed that too, although I doubt it's for the unassuming appearance because, except for Devin whom Abel wasn't expecting, everyone in or around the mansion knew Abel was a cubi.

Probably because amber simply doesn't want to draw that many spots :3

Jasonrevall

Quote from: Lego3400 on November 09, 2010, 06:55:29 PM
Quote from: iceick on November 09, 2010, 03:18:02 PM

Probably because amber simply doesn't want to draw that many spots :3

Or because wings in a house in tight areas like doors or hallways can be annoying.

Abel just needs a break.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: MT Hazard on November 09, 2010, 05:56:03 PM
Sounds like a good time for Dan to sucker punch Abel and shout "PULL YOURSELF TOGETHER MAN!"

Okay now all we need is Deebee to have a mental breakdown and the room is offically a psycho ward...
Jyrras who dreamed of Abel, has the real Abel in the room with him.  He wouldn't believe, he is there.
Abel who is having a nightware of a dead friend and floating bunny who he thinks isn't there.
Deebee needs only to start rocking to time with Abel's movements  in the corner because it is fun and exciting.

It is prefect...

PBH

Naldru

The average person on the street doesn't know that Abel is a cubi, so it would seem reasonable to morph and hide his wings before he goes outside.  The papparazzi saw the wings, but he is hoping to avoid her.  When he went back inside after seeing Devin, he had a few things on his mind.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Alondro

*Charline grins as she senses weakness to exploit!*  The best part is, the more he thinks he's insane, the greater the chance that he can actually be driven insane... say, by some purely malevolent force of twisted maniacal evil... like me!   :mwaha
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Quote from: Alondro on November 10, 2010, 12:30:50 PM
say, by some purely malevolent force of twisted maniacal evil... like me!   :mwaha

You break a fly by the wheel. A pink bubblegum seems to be all you need already :)

Hazmat

Abel seems to be in urgent need of a hug.
Shame the only things nearby are a sleeping kangaroo rat of questionable mental health, a large, inquisitive insect, the reanimated corpse of a childhood friend who was murdered in front of him and a pink bunny made out of bubblegum.