10/15/2010 [DMFA #1156] - Leaving O'Clock

Started by Tapewolf, October 15, 2010, 04:36:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tapewolf

So, is Wildy going to coach him afterwards or just act as the removal lady?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

She'll be sitting by with popcorn.

And opera glasses.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Madd the Sane

Has anyone else noticed that Fi is absent? I wonder where he went...
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Inumo

I need to use Blisstopia in my daily speech, now... :)

iceick

Quote from: Madd the Sane on October 15, 2010, 07:14:57 AM
Has anyone else noticed that Fi is absent? I wonder where he went...
If you were a disposable glow rat that ate someone when you were bigger than, but are now smaller than them and you saw that person standing in front of you, would you stick around? :erk

Of course he's probably still at the food court chowin' down on some grub. :mowcookie

bradley535

Only a trip to the yarn pit will calm Dan after that exchange... So of course Wildy will steer clear of that area.

Naldru

Of course, there's a possibility that Fi and Wildy already met, and that we won't see Fi until there has been time to recover.

Of course, I can also picture the dialog between Dan and Fi on seeing Wildy

Fi:  She's smiling

Dan:  Run .. very fast

Edit:

Due to the rating, the blood bath will have to be off screen.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Congo Jack

When the alternative is a murderous rage, blissfull ignorance is much preferable, Bernadette.  :mowhappy

Jasonrevall

I reject your reality and substitute my own! Also I can't help but see Gadget from Rescue Rangers when I see the first panel.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Baal Hadad

:giggle  "Leaving O'Clock"....

And I know what you mean--I can't picture Wildy San saying "golly"....

Alondro

*Charline bounces excitedly!*  I can hardly wait for the blood-bath to begin!   :boogie
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Prroul

The Blisstopian Springs are actually in Egypt. They're feed off of a tributary from De Nile.

SilentSoror

Nice Prroul

Totally using Blisstopia Springs!

Is it just me or did the art quality jump up drastically?

And I bet Fi is under arrest for trying to eat that little koala girl.

Attic Rat

Quote from: SilentSoror on October 15, 2010, 03:30:08 PM
Nice Prroul

Totally using Blisstopia Springs!

Is it just me or did the art quality jump up drastically?

And I bet Fi is under arrest for trying to eat that little koala girl.

Wordplay compels me:

"But Fi sprinkled her with chocolate jimmies first, because - things go better with cocoa koala!

That is all.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

joshofspam

All things said, it seems that beings might be the only down to earth race to see an on coming train wreck that this could become. Though some aren't above using it to get a certain enjoyment out of it. >:3

Let's hope For Dan's safety that Wildy keeps her promise to Mab. Though that might be hoping for to much.

Wonder if Wildy might have learned the ins and outs of hanging out with the other races. I often wonder if Wildy's family was anything like the mafia. That kind of life would probably give her tons of useful knowledge to give Dan in dealing with Demons.

It strangely sounds like Dan will be dealing more in politics then a slasher adventures when it comes to the Soulstealers. This sounds complex. Can Dan keep his temper?
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Prof B Hunnydew

Okay the art and character design, Dan is looking good in this one.  But a few pages back his chin was little too square for him or his hair was too big, I think. comic1153. Amber is improving on the male form.  Lorenda is settling down to a pretty and chubby girl.  Wildy is also looking a little different, but she is still cute Wildy.  

On Story
Lorenda only hope to enjoy her day is to ignore the weird happens around her and get on with her shopping.  Besides Lorenda has been in Lost Lake awhile, she has seen Dan's and his friends' antic before, this is normal for her.  Wildy on the other hand, seems not to want Dan and Lorenda to talk about the evening with DP.
Wildy will not want Lorenda to spoil the evening fireworks show.

PBH

Cameron

Hm, I admit I hadn't consciously noticed the art shift here until Amber mentioned it in her rant (it's been going on for several strips.) Well, I did notice the slightly smaller eyes on Dan. It'll be interesting to see where this will go...

I would guess (educated guess, of course) that Amber just switched from inking with a fine point marker to doing it with a tablet? The lines seem finer, with more thickness variation (though I was always amazed with how much variation she could juice from a li'l sharpie or whatever.) So that's my guess, tablet inking. (No more original art! Sad!)

No parentheses were harmed in the making of this post (NOT!)
Now drawing the webcomic Li'l Mell.

Shachza

Quote from: Tapewolf on October 15, 2010, 04:36:38 AM
So, is Wildy going to coach him afterwards or just act as the removal lady?

I think she's just the removal lady.  I'm sure the amount of fun SHE has will be increased based on the level of DAN's unpreparedness.  (Is "unpreparedness" English?  If it isn't then I trademark it!)
            <-- #1 that is!

Inumo

Quote from: Cameron on October 15, 2010, 09:06:19 PM
I would guess (educated guess, of course) that Amber just switched from inking with a fine point marker to doing it with a tablet? The lines seem finer, with more thickness variation (though I was always amazed with how much variation she could juice from a li'l sharpie or whatever.) So that's my guess, tablet inking. (No more original art! Sad!)

Wasn't she already using a tablet, though? I remember there being a comic in there somewhere about it, but I'm too lazy to go digging through the archives for it tonight... Also, how does it mean no more original art? Isn't everything she's done so far original in some way (content-wise, if not technique-wise)? If anything, she's becoming more original, since she's improving and reworking her technique.

I agree with the subscript too. Invisible watches seem to be uncannily accurate when telling the time to leave...

Mao

I don't think she inks with her tablet, but I could be wrong on that one.  Last I checked she wasn't, at least.

Unsilenced

Post of the Dead:
"When there is no more room in hell, this thread will walk the earth"