[Art] Spooks' Art Thread

Started by Lore, October 09, 2010, 01:56:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteFox

*waits a few minutes while the heuge images load.*
Evelyn: I notice she has some slope to her shoulders.  :3

The clothes look tight. It looks good for tight clothing, what with the little folds and creases, but it's odd that the hoodie hugs around the ribs when it's hanging open.

Her arm on the right has one oddities. Wrists line up with the inseam, and elbows are placed half way between the shoulder and the wrist. Her forearm is longer than her bicep, which implies that the forearm is raised, but the hand is tucked behind. Assuming the bicep is angled back and the forearm is plumb vertical, the bicep would end up shorter due to foreshortening.

(I could redline, if you would like the suggestions.)

I like the jagged shadow monster. He's jaggedy. The round eyes make a nice contrast to the contours. It looks like she's avoiding eye contact with an annoying younger brother, too. Which amuses me to no end. :3

At first glance, her eyes seemed like oversimplified lemons, but looking at it now I can see subtle definition to them. I like her hair by the same reasoning: simplified, stylized, but it looks like hair nonetheless. Even with such a minimal design, she has tangible character and personality. So... nice stylization, I'd say.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Lore

Quote from: WhiteFox on November 05, 2010, 06:01:37 PM
The clothes look tight. It looks good for tight clothing, what with the little folds and creases, but it's odd that the hoodie hugs around the ribs when it's hanging open.

Ah, that is odd, isn't it.

Her arm on the right has one oddities. Wrists line up with the inseam, and elbows are placed half way between the shoulder and the wrist. Her forearm is longer than her bicep, which implies that the forearm is raised, but the hand is tucked behind. Assuming the bicep is angled back and the forearm is plumb vertical, the bicep would end up shorter due to foreshortening.

(I could redline, if you would like the suggestions.)

It's alright, I think I get what you're saying.  :nod

I like the jagged shadow monster. He's jaggedy. The round eyes make a nice contrast to the contours. It looks like she's avoiding eye contact with an annoying younger brother, too. Which amuses me to no end. :3

At first glance, her eyes seemed like oversimplified lemons, but looking at it now I can see subtle definition to them. I like her hair by the same reasoning: simplified, stylized, but it looks like hair nonetheless. Even with such a minimal design, she has tangible character and personality. So... nice stylization, I'd say.

^.^ Thanks

And new stuff~
Wuff of War
Another Evelyn doodle

bradypodidae

Wuff of War... from JAVGW goofy chat to Awesome Art! Well done, Spooks! And I love what you are doing with Evelyn; there seems to be a story there... >.>
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Lore

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on November 07, 2010, 11:49:41 AM
Wuff of War... from JAVGW goofy chat to Awesome Art! Well done, Spooks! And I love what you are doing with Evelyn; there seems to be a story there... >.>

There is, in fact! And that will come around with time. Meanwhile, I have more doodles!

Lean
Drathorin

WhiteFox

Lean: Mao seems kinda... curvy, around the hips/thighs. Could just be me, though.

Drath: The fingers on the forward hand look very short. From that angle, the width of the fingers is three times their length (Or, the length of the middle finger is equal to the the width of three fingers. I start a hand like that by drawing a square, dividing it into three parts, and adding a slightly smaller pinkie). The webbing extends slightly more than a third of the overall length.
This is my pencil. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My pencil is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life...

Lore

bradypodidae

As mentioned elsewhere, I love the Gunslinger's expression and attitude, very well done! And yes, I admit it, you do the sexy really well too... >.>
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Arroyo Milori

Something about the Lounge picture bothers me around the legs. : E

As for the gunslinger, a rather nice tone of seriousness on the face. :3 You should have incorporated a stereotypical cowboy hat for it XD;

Kipiru

Awesome stuff, I love the gunslinger's expression and pose- it looks so natural!