09/17/2010 [DMFA #1147] - Regina? Sorry, no Regina on the List

Started by RandomMetaphysics, September 17, 2010, 01:37:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

This makes me wonder why Regina and DP haven't teamed up yet.
Also, since this party may or may not have a few important people attending it... does anyone else here think Abel will be coming as a bodyguard babysitter?

Also, regarding Amber's post, R.I.P Shenanigans. May you prance about in a field of pumpkin seeds.

Tapewolf

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on September 17, 2010, 01:37:46 AM
Also, regarding Amber's post, R.I.P Shenanigans. May you prance about in a field of pumpkin seeds.

Well put.

As for the comic, panel 2 is interesting.  I didn't think Demons went in for conspiracies and stuff.  As for the first panel, I'm not entirely sure if Dan's grudge with DP is strictly business.  Hopefully they can at least have one peaceful meal together, even if it's one where they glower at each other the whole time...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Turnsky

Let's face it, this screams that Regina has had a crush on Dan, which he didn't reciprocate for obvious reasons.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Bjalf

Huh. I thought that this was about Regina. Or was that another twelve beings? Perhaps the Soulstealers only kill in whole dozens.

Naldru

Perhaps Regina didn't give Kria all the details about the Lost Lake incident.  After all, it involved deception and betrayal on Regina's part, and Kria seems to go for honest and up-front mayhem.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Starcat5

Quote from: Bjalf on September 17, 2010, 06:14:08 AM
Perhaps the Soulstealers only kill in whole dozens.
She also took a stab at taking down Wildy, remember. It may have been a failed attempt at a baker's dozen.

Also, considering her first appearance in flashback, the whole thing just may have been an attempt to impress Pretty Boi Dan in typical demon fashion. One that not only failed, but blew up in her face most spectacularly.

*Edit* One last thing.
Amber: If anyone pulls that old line, "When are you getting a new one?", feel free knee said person in the groin. My sister's Boston Terrier Loki (Yes, he earned that name) passed on recently, and some people can't quite grasp that our four legged family members are FAMILY MEMBERS, not furnature to be replaced.

...why yes, this is a touchy subject for me. Why do you ask? :mowsad
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Jasonrevall

Ah yes, name calling, one of the oldest weapons in the villains arsenal. Also calling Dan an idiot means they admit to being beaten, one several times, by an idiot.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Sunblink

Quote from: Turnsky on September 17, 2010, 03:58:30 AM
Let's face it, this screams that Regina has had a crush on Dan, which he didn't reciprocate for obvious reasons.

I'm gonna agree there.

Going off that theory, it might be possible that Regina tried to kill Wildy because she was jealous. And if you're right, it'd explain the whole thing she said here.

I love Regina. :c

Turnsky

Quote from: Keaton the Black Jackal on September 17, 2010, 09:00:30 AM

I'm gonna agree there.

Going off that theory, it might be possible that Regina tried to kill Wildy because she was jealous. And if you're right, it'd explain the whole thing she said here.

note the wing, thar? still whole...

somehow i'm sorta glad that folks wanted Abel's story instead of Regina's, means we wouldn't be having aaaall this lovely possible exposition.  :3

joshofspam

I'm gonna agree there.

I'd have to agree with the first part.

Though just being jealous of Wildy might be just the tip of that ice berg. Wildy has a very confrontational personality. Maybe Wildy confronted Regina and she saw it as a challenge to claim Dan.

Though Kria not having the ability to call up the information might be a matter of importance. If Biggs got angry at this would you put the detailed information about her attack and attempt to seduced Dan or give detailed information about her mistake of almost killing the sister of the Twinks lord and earning a price on her head ( While Dan would only be a side note without a name)? :kruger
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Given the relationship between Biggs and Wildy, it's likely that an outsider could be forgiven for thinking that killing one would give them a bonus in the eyes of the other.

They'd be dead wrong (in more ways than one, heh), but some of that is a result of the inside view that we, the readers, have. I can easily see someone attempting to kill Wildy because he thought that's what Biggs would want him to do. And, obviously, vice versa, although less likely.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 17, 2010, 10:56:38 AM
Given the relationship between Biggs and Wildy, it's likely that an outsider could be forgiven for thinking that killing one would give them a bonus in the eyes of the other.

They'd be dead wrong (in more ways than one, heh), but some of that is a result of the inside view that we, the readers, have. I can easily see someone attempting to kill Wildy because he thought that's what Biggs would want him to do. And, obviously, vice versa, although less likely.

'tis an odd form of sibling rivalry, they never really would go out of their way to actively harm the other in the fatal sense.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Turnsky on September 17, 2010, 11:34:33 AM
'tis an odd form of sibling rivalry, they never really would go out of their way to actively harm the other.

Nothing odd about that. I never said either would be happy to be presented the matted corpus of the other - in fact, I expect that the poor deluded soul who attempted or achieved the aim set out would be rapidly disabused of their erroneous notions.

But I thought that was obvious...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

joshofspam

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on September 17, 2010, 12:17:33 PM
Quote from: Turnsky on September 17, 2010, 11:34:33 AM
'tis an odd form of sibling rivalry, they never really would go out of their way to actively harm the other.

Nothing odd about that. I never said either would be happy to be presented the matted corpus of the other - in fact, I expect that the poor deluded soul who attempted or achieved the aim set out would be rapidly disabused of their erroneous notions.

But I thought that was obvious...

Not that Regina shares the Soulstealers wit to realise that before or after the fact though. :B
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

VAE

Quote from: starcat5 on September 17, 2010, 07:52:53 AM

*Edit* One last thing.
Amber: If anyone pulls that old line, "When are you getting a new one?", feel free knee said person in the groin. My sister's Boston Terrier Loki (Yes, he earned that name) passed on recently, and some people can't quite grasp that our four legged family members are FAMILY MEMBERS, not furnature to be replaced.

...why yes, this is a touchy subject for me. Why do you ask? :mowsad

That's a misleading  attitude -  is it true that the pet itself cannot be replaced , however getting new one tends to help, not to mention - if a member of your family dies, you probably don't go into isolation either.
Last summer, when some scum ran over my cat, i only started sleeping properly and returning to normal disposition after i got two catlings, which are now my cats. Besides at least more animals will live a nicer life than otherwise.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Anker Steadfast

I find it interesting that DP's comment about Regina could also be construed as a "yeah, I'm quite sure she doesn't know anything"   aka.  she's just *that* stupid.

I don't think Amber intended that though, but it's kinda funny anyways. :)
Besides, I could totally see DP thinking that teenagers are oblivious to the world around them.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

That_wolf

Abel needs a hug...

Tapewolf

Quote from: That_wolf on September 17, 2010, 03:32:52 PM
Regina tried to kill off Wildy? When?

When Dan first met her (Regina).  The alternative to Abel's Story was one about the Regina incident, though from things I've heard it would likely have been told from a Lost Lake PoV, i.e. more like Dan's Story :P

EDIT:
Forgot the important part - see Regina's profile.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Pvblivs

Dan is an idiot.  After all, he kept burying Aliph so that he could be reincarnated.

lilpuppy23

In regards to Amber's rant, Now I can't stop thinking about carrot bread....

In regards to the actual comic... Dan? a jerk? this is news.

Turnsky

Quote from: Pvblivs on September 17, 2010, 04:06:35 PM
Dan is an idiot.  After all, he kept burying Aliph so that he could be reincarnated.

i think there's some unwritten adventurer law that says you don't set the big bad on fire after you defeat them, unless fire (or lava with the case of some) is part of their ultimate demise.

D'ymkarra

I'm gonna agree there.

And hence, why she thinks he's a stupid jerk for not coming with her; In theory it also goes to show Dan cares for Wildy a lot more than he lets on....."You tried to kill my best friend, you moron, of course I'm not going anywhere with you!"
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Captain

Quote from: Bjalf on September 17, 2010, 06:14:08 AM
Huh. I thought that this was about Regina. Or was that another twelve beings? Perhaps the Soulstealers only kill in whole dozens.
So when Kria killed the pizza dude she was working up her quota to 12?

Also really liking how Dark Pegasus looks as he sits in the third panel.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Kenji

Obviously if they teamed up, Regina would want to design their team uniform. And I don't think Dark Pegasus likes skirts.