20/08/2010 [DMFA #1138] - She's Not Yicky...

Started by RandomMetaphysics, August 20, 2010, 06:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

It seems Abel doesn't like Insectis (or bugs for that matter) all that much  :P

Still... I bet Chicki will find a way into Jyrras' home. She seems pretty determined to get some good coverage :3

Tapewolf

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on August 20, 2010, 06:42:55 AM
It seems Abel doesn't like Insectis (or bugs for that matter) all that much  :P

It's quite possible that the Insectis have only announced their existence during the time he was at SAIA.

(And reading Amber's rant, the picture Ren and I did for her birthday may perhaps not have been the most appropriate one for this point in time.  And Amber, these things happen, I don't think anyone can blame you for it)

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Brownie

Everyone has those moments, Amber. I'm sure the fanbase will forgive. Maybe.

It seems that Abel hasn't really taken any of the supplied courses that may have been useful at any given point. After all, didn't he take a class on grass-growing of all things?

bradley535

Ah Ha! Able is a racist, too.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_651.php

They are so much alike, it's as if they were somehow, strangely connected.

Alteisentier

Quote from: bradley535 on August 20, 2010, 06:59:18 AM
Ah Ha! Able is a racist, too.

http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_651.php

They are so much alike, it's as if they were somehow, strangely connected.

Insert the obligatory Aniz comment
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Sofox

Hey Amber,
It's completely understandable how you were feeling. Those sort of things can creep up on you suddenly and the worst part is you're not always sure what spurred them. To be honest, sometimes I feel it's a good idea to casually think of things that could have caused it and see if there's a change you can make in your life or lesson you can learn that can help you onward, but that's a mild suggestion on my behalf and naturally you don't want to fall into the trap of agonising over every subpar moment in your life.

Anyway, I completely understand and I wish you all the best.

Also, happy birthday yesterday! Sorry I didn't get you anything.

MT Hazard

Looks like he didn't take the camera, hopefully someone can intercept chikki before there's  a 2 page spread on 'Jyrrus's incubi lover.'

Give J a few minutes, he can probably come up with a device that destroys cameras and makes toast.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Jasonrevall

I might react similarly if I saw giant bug things for the first time. You think crushing damage would be better against an insectis?

Don't worry too much Amber, stuff happens. I'm sure everyone will understand. "Remember, when life's got you down, throw it into godmode and keep kicking butt!" - Cory Rouse
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Kaerou

Aww, you don't need to apologise Amber, we all lose it from time to time.

Bottling it up and letting out out all at once beats the alternative (just being generally bitchy al the time)

At least that's how I excuse my bottle up and cry every 6-12 months method XD

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

Anker Steadfast

Well, at least Abel is about to have an interesting discussion with Jyras.
I'm sure he's looking forward to it .... NOT ! 

:D

Regarding Amber ... well, next thing is nausea in the morning, right ?
And after that, menopause ?

Just kidding, just kidding.

Seriously though, women have some strange hormone cycles that sometimes gets the best of them.
Even when there's nothing seriously wrong, the hormones can overwhelm them from time to time.
Which sometimes can put them into full cry / rage mode at the tip of a hat.

I should know, my mother was that way.
She "ran hot and cold" as they say.

Still love mah mom depite it, perhaps even because of it.
So don't worry - Your Real friends will know the truth.

:hug

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

LionHeart

Amber, I'd like to add my voice to the chorus here. Don't beat yourself up over it. Sometimes exploding is just the best thing to do. As long as you do it without hurting anyone (including yourself), then it can be therapeutic.
"3x2(9yz)4a!"

"We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

I'm on deviantART.
Also FurAffinity

Madd the Sane

*pats Amber on the head*

Anyways looks like whomever said Abel thought he was icked out by Chicki was right. Poor Abel.
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Bjalf

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on August 20, 2010, 06:42:55 AM
She seems pretty determined to get some good coverage :3
I keep reading this as some good cleavage. I fear that I am beyond help.

Quote from: Brownie on August 20, 2010, 06:58:20 AM
It seems that Abel hasn't really taken any of the supplied courses that may have been useful at any given point.
I don't think Abel intended to ever leave SAIA at all.

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 20, 2010, 07:37:44 AM
Looks like he didn't take the camera, hopefully someone can intercept chikki before there's  a 2 page spread on 'Jyrrus's incubi lover.'
Don't be silly. This rates at least front page, and page 3. And a weekend special. A 3-D movie is probably already in the making.

But seriously, breaking into Jyrras' house, right in front of a paparazza (spelling!) with a camera, is going to haunt him for a long, long time.

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on August 20, 2010, 10:40:43 AMSeriously though, women have some strange hormone cycles that sometimes gets the best of them.
I don't think hormonal craziness is just a female thing. A fourteen-year-old male brain is the single most one-track thing in the universe. And then there's that whole I'm 50 years old, gotta buy a Porsche thing.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bjalf on August 20, 2010, 11:42:20 AM
Quote from: Brownie on August 20, 2010, 06:58:20 AM
It seems that Abel hasn't really taken any of the supplied courses that may have been useful at any given point.

I'm not sure about never leaving - chances are pretty slim that Fa'Lina would let him kill Aniz on-campus, after all.
That aside, I agree.  If Abel had left in a planned manner, he'd have been able to take a lot of refresher or "that would be handy!" courses immediately before leaving.

Lucheek

Infranscia

I wonder if the 'her' that recommended the 'breaking in' class was either Fa'Lina or Destania?  The former is probably more likely, at any rate.

Hmm...  Abel seems to be biting his tongue.  Hard.  My apologies if I sound nit-picky.  I do think that it could work just as well if he was just grimacing, though.

And thinking of the 'sick' thing, I'm suddenly thinking that the title of today's strip could have a double-meaning, somewhat.
Please excuse the watermarked avatar.  I haven't bothered to fix it yet.  (Still, thanks to PetFriendAmy for the original pic!)

Chairtastic

SpottedKitty

I've got to say it... ick-face Abel is incredibly cute.

All the best, Amber, hope things get back to what passes for normal ASAP.
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

KarlOmega1

looks like Abel has the same dislike of the bugs that I have, and not just spiders. Who would of thought it?
I'm a Skype User.
Skype Name: Karaius

Draken

How much ya wanna bet that Able's reaction to Chicki is Amber's response to the buglady's Darkhorse Ensamblage?  *Puts up 10 dollars*
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Captain

I sure hope a movie is made about this.

It'll be full of action, adventure, fanservice and most importantly be almost totally inaccurate.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

lilpuppy23

http://missmab.com/Comics/Vol_755.php

I am quite sure now, that Abel really hates bugs. Or any kind of insect whatever for that matter...

Bjalf

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 20, 2010, 11:55:40 AM

I'm not sure about never leaving - chances are pretty slim that Fa'Lina would let him kill Aniz on-campus, after all.

Interesting point. How was Abel going to kill his father? He seemed extremely reluctant to leave SAIA.

On the other hand, why did Fa'Lina spare Aniz? I got the impression that it was only due to politics. Would she allow Abel to kill Aniz at SAIA? Aniz would not be a student there, and Abel have certainly earned the right to revenge.

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on August 20, 2010, 02:07:33 PM
I am quite sure now, that Abel really hates bugs. Or any kind of insect whatever for that matter...

Well, Dan certainly didn't help matters ...  >3

Baal Hadad

Thank goodness.  For some reason when I saw the last panel, without looking at the words, I thought that bug had KISSED him or something....  >.<  UGGGHHHH....

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bjalf on August 20, 2010, 02:24:47 PM
Interesting point. How was Abel going to kill his father? He seemed extremely reluctant to leave SAIA.

I really, really don't know.  None of it really adds up.
I can only imagine that he meant to intercept Aniz when he left the academy, or somehow persuade Fa'Lina to tell him where Aniz went using her foresight (though that might not work if he has to be in Fa'Lina's presence for several months for her to get a lock).
Either that or he believed that Fa'Lina would allow him to do it, but that doesn't make much sense either.  For one, if we assume that Aniz didn't screw up a second time, the newly-arrived student would want Abel dead.

QuoteOn the other hand, why did Fa'Lina spare Aniz? I got the impression that it was only due to politics. Would she allow Abel to kill Aniz at SAIA? Aniz would not be a student there, and Abel have certainly earned the right to revenge.

"Many that live deserve death.  And some that die deserve life.  Can you give it to them?  Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement.  For even the very wise cannot see all ends.  ... My heart tells me that he has some part to play yet, for good or ill, before the end; and when that comes, the pity of Fa'Lina Bilbo may rule the fate of many - yours not least."
--Gandalf the Grey, Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien

VAE

Quote from: Bjalf on August 20, 2010, 02:24:47 PM
Quote from: Tapewolf on August 20, 2010, 11:55:40 AM

On the other hand, why did Fa'Lina spare Aniz? I got the impression that it was only due to politics. Would she allow Abel to kill Aniz at SAIA? Aniz would not be a student there, and Abel have certainly earned the right to revenge.

Well, if Aniz was so dumb as to show up in front of Dee, Aary, and perhaps Abel , i think by her original reaction, she'd just phone Wendy Northcutt , bring in muffins, and perhaps conjure an arena for them so that other students don't come to harm
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Raskahn

Edited out to keep the thread clear of "The silly". Lest I provoke yet another forum member.

I totally forgot, assumptions are for dumb folk that are not capable to grasp the complicated concept of science and, proving things with actual research rather then jumping to conclusions.

Mao

Last I checked, she hates it when people jump to that conclusion.

Keleth

I would too.

It's a pretty stupid assumption.
Help! I'm gay!

Damaris

Seriously?  You thought that was a good topic of discussion, Lone_Wolf?

Rude.

Beyond Rude.

You're used to flame wars with flames... this is more like EZ-Bake Oven wars.   ~Amber
If you want me to play favorites, keep wanking. I'll choose which hand to favour when I pimpslap you down.   ~Amber