10/08/2010 [DMFA #1136] - Bugnuts

Started by Tapewolf, August 10, 2010, 07:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keleth

You now have the knowledge. The technology.

Time to work it and show the world what you're made of!
Help! I'm gay!

Draken

What is this "post-it" you speak of?  Is it some sort of papery instant message system?
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

Alteisentier

Drawing animations on the corner of my maths books must have made up a few years of my school life.

Well, until I ran out of corners at least.
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

lilpuppy23

Alteisentier:

Oh my Gawd I can't stop staring at your signature!!!  D:

What are they? Why doesn't that look like a pancake?

hrhtjhjyfffhyjddtydtgjgj

----------------------------------

On topic; I honestly don't think there is some evil nefarious plot behind Chicki. (S)He is simply amazed by all the bright wonderful things in the overworld, and chose the perfect job to capture all of them  :)

Congo Jack

Anyone else thought that Chicki behaves like some fae in disquise?  :mowninja

RandomMetaphysics

I know it might be a little late to say this... but apparently Abel has actually never seen a camera before.
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_630.php

Run Abel! Run!
Quote from: Congo Jack on August 11, 2010, 01:54:26 PM
Anyway, concerning Chicki, she strikes me as just a standard example of an energetic reporter.

VAE

Quote from: Alteisentier on August 11, 2010, 11:54:07 AM
Okay; lets back up a minute and stop with the running joke. Panther, you entirely missed the point. You missed it so hard you've shot out of orbit, sailed past mars and mercury and probably found alien life in the distant stars. (PS. Say hi for me.)

Really; if you have that much trouble structuring your sentences into a coherent and easily understandable format.. It might be well worth investing the time to sit back, re-read your post a few times. And then re-write it.

To be honest it's not like you lack effort; you type up a storm and a half. So why not just put that extra bit of effort into reading what people say, fixing up your writing and over all improving your communication; forums don't exactly go much faster than a snail. There's plenty of time for it.

And on another note; I'll just leave it for you to think about. But you do realize just how condescending, and down right insulting the majority of your posts content was, mmm? Don't go raving over an innocent; and valid complaint against some horrible grammar and then try to play the meek, victim.

I dunno... this seems to me as a storm on the bottom of a nightpot.
PantheraLeo shouldn't get underpants in a twist over grammar error pointing out, but also, i don't know about you folks but i was able to understand the content of the post well enough. Maybe it's because i am foreigner though.
Not to mention that this particular user seems to bring in interesting theories for a change, and generally spells allright.

What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Inumo

I was really hoping we could move on from the focus on Panthera... As such:

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on August 11, 2010, 01:57:38 PM
Quote from: Congo Jack on August 11, 2010, 01:54:26 PM
Anyway, concerning Chicki, she strikes me as just a standard example of an energetic reporter.

I feel it's more like some fangirl/boy reporter, obsessing over the bachelor of the year, trying to find out everything she can about him.

Mao

I kinda feel like she's a bit of a gag character and not now going to be a suddenly significant character.  In terms of her behavior:

Quote from: Inumo on August 11, 2010, 02:35:55 PM
I feel it's more like some fangirl/boy reporter, obsessing over the bachelor of the year, trying to find out everything she can about him.

This seems about right to me.

Inumo

Whaddaya bet that, if she sees Jyrras, she's gonna emit the insectis equivalent of a fangirl squee?

terrycloth

Which will deafen Jyrras and Abel, and break all the windows in a two mile radius...

Alteisentier

Quote from: Inumo on August 11, 2010, 03:10:19 PM
Whaddaya bet that, if she sees Jyrras, she's gonna emit the insectis equivalent of a fangirl squee?

Man, that'd be so adorable. I already want to hug her and take her home. I think it's a her anyway.
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

PantheraLeo

First, I'm sorry for being ass. (And sorry for assuming you were being one, llearch n'n'daCorna.)

Yes, I have been told as much in the past. Yes, I know I can be! (trust me, you'd be afraid of how much I edit out.) I simply am. I can't say it though no fault of my own, but it's a fault of my own. I do not regard anything beyond anyone's ability to learn, so I do speak shamelessly with a "high and mighty" tone. Thank you for faulting me on this, I do seem to have a contempt for others when speaking.

I don't set out to set out to be, I'm simply "brutally honest" as my sig says. While I take the time to think about whom I offend, I simply refuse to take the time to step around someone's ego - Sadly my own seems exempt from that. Especially in forums, because it is written "in stone" for long periods of time, so people have time to study ,understand, and search the internet for additional information. That's the root of my contempt, I expect someone who doesn't understand to take the time to learn or simply ask me a question about what I've said. (Again, my poor language still not helping with that.)

I am sorry to be a ass. It is demeaning to be pitied, instead of simple told "I think you make a mistake <in these places>.", "I do not understand.", or asked "What did you mean by that?". I tend to interpret anything less as disrespectful, and lose my respect for others in return. I typically attempt to shoulder it and grin because "love is ... <see sig>, I just typically also fail at it. (Those three simple sentences will take you far with me, and with the world at large.)

As for what I meant to say? How about I just dropping and disappear for a day or three before I repeat this problem.
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Turnsky

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 12, 2010, 02:39:00 AM
First, I'm sorry for being ass. (And sorry for assuming you were being one, llearch n'n'daCorna.)

Yes, I have been told as much in the past. Yes, I know I can be! (trust me, you'd be afraid of how much I edit out.) I simply am. I can't say it though no fault of my own, but it's a fault of my own. I do not regard anything beyond anyone's ability to learn, so I do speak shamelessly with a "high and mighty" tone. Thank you for faulting me on this, I do seem to have a contempt for others when speaking.

I don't set out to set out to be, I'm simply "brutally honest" as my sig says. While I take the time to think about whom I offend, I simply refuse to take the time to step around someone's ego - Sadly my own seems exempt from that. Especially in forums, because it is written "in stone" for long periods of time, so people have time to study ,understand, and search the internet for additional information. That's the root of my contempt, I expect someone who doesn't understand to take the time to learn or simply ask me a question about what I've said. (Again, my poor language still not helping with that.)

I am sorry to be a ass. It is demeaning to be pitied, instead of simple told "I think you make a mistake <in these places>.", "I do not understand.", or asked "What did you mean by that?". I tend to interpret anything less as disrespectful, and lose my respect for others in return. I typically attempt to shoulder it and grin because "love is ... <see sig>, I just typically also fail at it. (Those three simple sentences will take you far with me, and with the world at large.)

As for what I meant to say? How about I just dropping and disappear for a day or three before I repeat this problem.

Allow me to be honest to a degree, i'm not gonna flame ya, but here's what i think one of the contentions are.. Your posts seem to be more blathering on (i.e: you virtually like to "hear the sound of your own voice") than actually getting your intent (or point) across, and often causing yourself to miss the point (often by miles) of what others are trying to get across.

my tip? keep your posts concise and to the point..

i'll just leave this here so my point is further reinforced.

con·cise
–adjective
expressing or covering much in few words; brief in form but comprehensive in scope; succinct; terse: a concise explanation of the company's retirement plan.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Alteisentier

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 12, 2010, 02:39:00 AM

That's not brutally honest, that's called being an egotistical dickhead.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Alteisentier on August 12, 2010, 08:36:44 AM

Okay, that is brutally honest. Please be a little more careful, Altei. Your sig doesn't warn people about it.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Alteisentier

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 12, 2010, 08:38:20 AM

Okay, that is brutally honest. Please be a little more careful, Altei. Your sig doesn't warn people about it.

Okay, it's all cool now. Me and him are like Sig referencing blood brothers. Peace out.

Arcalane

It does now. :U

Caswin

Okay, sold.  Chicki is sensationally entertaining crazy bug thing.  Am watching where this is going with rapt attention yes?

...well, I can dream.

Quote from: Bjalf on August 10, 2010, 05:18:05 PM
Maybe she's a mech, the lines on top of her head is a door, and Deebs is at the controls.
That is a near-perfect mix of plausible and funny.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Anker Steadfast

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

SquirrelWizard

this is an example of a shutterbug in action.

Once it latches on to a line of thought it disorients and terrorizes its victim with brilliant flashes of light and an overload of questions.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Arcalane on August 12, 2010, 09:33:25 AM

It does now. :U

Ah, yes. Much better. Thankyou, Alteisentier. You're always willing to help, aren't you?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Arcblade

Y'know, I think we finally found a problem Abel can't run away from.  Chicki is chasing him.  Even if he loses our intrepid insectis reporter, she's still got the pictures of him shapeshifting from a gryphon.  And a ludicrous story to go with it.  This can only end in hilarity.  Thumbs up. 

Anri

I can't wait to see the tabloid headlines!

Grey Wolf

Okay, guys, be cool. The internet, while undeniably awesome, does have one major flaw: the lack of facial expressions and vocal tone greatly impedes communication. They've done studies on this.
Also, you never know if English is a formite's native language, or whether or not they have a condition that makes nonverbal communication more difficult (ex. dyslexia).
I know anonymity makes things much more impersonal, but on the other side of the computer, there is another person with feelings. Things meant to be sarcastic or humorous can be very hurtful without visual communication cues to soften the blow.

That said, isn't Abel a Doctor Who fan? Maybe he can bluff his way out of this one.
"I'm not a secret agent, I'm a time lord!"
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

Congo Jack

Quote from: Grey Wolf on August 12, 2010, 08:16:05 PM

That said, isn't Abel a Doctor Who fan? Maybe he can bluff his way out of this one.
"I'm not a secret agent, I'm a time lord!"

Since when being fan of something makes you better at something? Or at all?  :P

VAE

Quote from: Grey Wolf on August 12, 2010, 08:16:05 PM
Okay, guys, be cool. The internet, while undeniably awesome, does have one major flaw: the lack of facial expressions and vocal tone greatly impedes communication. They've done studies on this.
That isn't a flaw, it's an advantage - it simplifies communication,  especially if you are no good at the above.
Also looking at a bunch of text allows you to better analyse what has been said, unlike a flow of noise from the other person.

The only disadvantage of internet communication is ninja'ing, especially in things like DnD, but even that is a minor thing and pretty funny sometimes
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Alphonse

I can see lots of people wondering if this insect girly/boyish reporter is somehow the puppet of a criminal mastermind.. and all I have to say is.. Hopefully..

"Assuming direct control.."

D:

Anker Steadfast

Personally, I think she has control over herself.
Though I wouldn't be surprised if she had "access" of some sort to a kind of hivemind.
They say ants have one such - Insectis - Ants - It's all good.

It could also open up for some fascinating and quite intertaining internal/external monologue. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

PantheraLeo

Quote from: Turnsky on August 12, 2010, 08:30:16 AM
Allow me to be honest to a degree, i'm not gonna flame ya, but here's what i think one of the contentions are.. Your posts seem to be more blathering on (i.e: you virtually like to "hear the sound of your own voice") than actually getting your intent (or point) across...

So noted. I am getting flustered too easy. I do realize I share too much information (being honest does not just includes being honest about others). It is worth noting that much of what I said could be summed up: "Ok, your right. I screwed up. Here is why I screwed up. Here is why I'll try not to do it again, and sometimes Here is what you did to prompt it! Please notice the steam roller of a hint and we'll both be happier. (Remember I care about a person, their ego I do not.)" The tension just piles up too high when your the only one say saying "please, thank you, and sorry", and not one responds in kind. Instead I receive so some sympathy (though not whole wholly unwelcome), snarky remarks, and life advice. The point of being honest was to show I didn't need help (well, I need help, but not of the mortal kind). I am not a problem to be fixed. All I asked was civil tones, I have the ability to realize I can be at fault and fix the problem.  Even why when you drop hints AT EVERY TURN SENSE POST ONE. (How many is this later?) For the record, I while I do now fear I like the sound of my own voice too much, I was desperately looking for someone to:

"Look upward, and share in the wonders I've seen." - Farscape.

(sigh) This crowd that is not. Concise enough? Ok, curtsy of a response given. Good-bye for now, I don't enjoy sucking the fun out of the forum. :)

Please note this has been a malice free post. (And I do feel awkward for the number of times I called Amber by name being a married woman, but she is the creator of DMFA. It seemed rude to credit the creator with the authority due and not call her by name. I've spoken it dozen of times sense my first post, and I've seen it spoken by others maybe three times, by separate people.)

QuoteIf I speak in the tongues of men and angles, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I have gain nothing.

Love is patient, love it kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrong. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; Then I shall known fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

*Waves bye for now* Cookie?  :mowcookie
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.