10/08/2010 [DMFA #1136] - Bugnuts

Started by Tapewolf, August 10, 2010, 07:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucheek

I can just imagine Jy lookig out his window and seeing Abel and Chicki running around in the garden like a pair of screaming kids at recess.

PantheraLeo

I'm wondering if she's intentionally being a ditz to chase Abel off because she's working for Jyrras...

As funny as it is, I still think it's too perfect for there not to be ebil mastermind behind it all. (Oh well, maybe I'm thinking too much, Chicki is that much of a ditz, and I'm just sensing Amber's sense of humor bleeding though because I read too much drama.)
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Bjalf

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 10, 2010, 05:00:08 PM
I'm wondering if she's intentionally being a ditz to chase Abel off because she's working for Jyrras...

As funny as it is, I still think it's too perfect for there not to be ebil mastermind behind it all.

Maybe she's a mech, the lines on top of her head is a door, and Deebs is at the controls.

ArchTeryx

Quote from: Jasonrevall on August 10, 2010, 01:10:51 PM
She's almost as tenacious as Frank West. Probably just as crazy too. I had a good laugh on this one, Yakety Sax anyone?

Wow.  Getting chased off by a Squee Beetle to the tune of Yakkety Sax has to be close to the Ultimate Indignity for Abel.

VAE

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 10, 2010, 05:00:08 PM

As funny as it is, I still think it's too perfect for there not to be ebil mastermind behind it all. (Oh well, maybe I'm thinking too much, Chicki is that much of a ditz, and I'm just sensing Amber's sense of humor bleeding though because I read too much drama.)

There's a murphy's law that states: Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Kaerou

by Silverfoxr! Thank you!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Inumo on August 10, 2010, 11:42:36 AM
I suddenly thought of the Benny Hill theme song in that last panel. XD

Yakety Sax, though I like Chet's Yakety Axe version as well.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Grey Wolf

Jeeze; Chicki has been in, like, four comics and I already adore her!
I find it amusing that the first insectis we meet breaks the xenophobic stereotype presented on their Demonology 101 page.

Quick, Abel! Pull a Melanion! Toss fistfuls of your feathers behind you! Maybe she'll stop to gather them!

EDIT: Wikipedia link added for the curious. Look at the first story under "Greek Mythology"
Warning: This forum goer is prone to bouts of logic, and has a dry sense of humor.

PantheraLeo

Quote from: danman on August 10, 2010, 05:56:29 PM

There's a murphy's law that states: Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity.

Haha! That's the problem, it's not stupid!

I just can't decide if it's the Chicki's role to be that naive and it's Amber who's playing up a joke (making Amber the 'ebil mastermind'), or if the character Chicki is playing Abel for a fool. (Though that would still be Amber.)

It's just too perfect a setup for there not the be a intelligence behind it. What makes it so interesting is I can't decide more of a joke - Which would make Chicki a ditz - or if it's more of a plot - Which would make a Chicki mastermind or a puppet of one (Maybe "DeathBringer" as the puppet as Bjalf suggested?).

Little things like that is why ye forum goers are cursed with my two cents. DMFA crafted well enough to entertain me, make me want more, but doesn't update enough to answer all me questions! :) (Mayhaps that's the real evil plot!)
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

kztxl7

Quote from: Jasonrevall on August 10, 2010, 01:10:51 PM
She's almost as tenacious as Frank West. Probably just as crazy too. I had a good laugh on this one, Yakety Sax anyone?

I highly doubt she's covered wars, ya know?

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Inumo on August 10, 2010, 03:15:31 PM
Quote from: Baal Hadad on August 10, 2010, 03:09:52 PM
Why does the crazy bug thing just ASSUME that Abel's a secret agent from the future?  :P  Is it because it's the only thing he didn't actually deny being?

I guess. Kinda like how whenever someone says "No comment" or "I plead the fifth" or "Maybe" to a question they don't want to say "Yes" to, it's assumed they're saying "Yes."

To quote UncleKage, "Anything other than yes, is still yes!"
'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Bjalf

Quote from: Kaerou on August 10, 2010, 06:49:07 PM
Cue benny hill theme.

Of all the stupid, annoying, irritating tunes to get stuck in the head, on frickin' repeat ...

:banghead

Attic Rat

Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 10, 2010, 10:44:48 PM
It's just too perfect a setup for there not the be a intelligence behind it.

Er... did you want to try that one again, coherently this time? Or should we just guess what you mean, and then abuse you for it?
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

I think you'll find that's called "Hanlon's Razor".  Though I'm a big fan of the Clarke-Hanlon principle which states that "Any sufficiently advanced malice is indistinguishable from stupidity."

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Bjalf

Quote from: lilpuppy23 on August 10, 2010, 12:29:02 PM
Run Abel, Run!  D:

Umm, Abel? That "blending in" class you took?

You fail.

PantheraLeo

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on August 11, 2010, 04:56:42 AM

Er... did you want to try that one again, coherently this time? Or should we just guess what you mean, and then abuse you for it?

(whimper)

Intelligence, as apposed to a 'sheeple'. 'Sheeple' being a compound of 'sheep' and 'people'. Someone that has lost all will to think beyond what they're told to think or have seen. To the point they're no longer merely complaisant, they've given up the ability to even agree with someone to be complaisant. A personification of "monkey see, monkey do". Mentally indolent. Someone who doesn't stop to think about what they do, they merely do because someone else put a thought in their head to do that.

Someone that makes use of their god Given brain, as apposed to drifting though "9 to 5" with their brain in permanent "off" mode. Which I should point out, has nothing to with the size or functionality of someones' brain, only that they use it. (I get ticked at people when they say "I'm stupid". My failure with written languages not withstanding.)

As in, someone taking the time to think though something.

:tingle

A.K.A. Intelligence!

That is to say, the events of the last few comics where orchestrated in my someone or something with a deliberate effort, that could not happen by without a effort. That is, Either Amber wrote Chicki as a pawn of her or someone else to further the joke -OR- she wrote Chicki as her self masterminding some plot to throw Abel off-balance as a stepping stone to something else. That is, the quote "Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity." does not apply because things are too ordered for there not to be so sort of malice involved.

Trying to figure out which it is is fun! (I'm in the wrong crowd maybe?)

Perhaps I'd understand the question better if you,llearch n'n'daCorna, elaborated more. If I thought what I said was unclear I would have explained better; So, your questions a mystery to me. I do not understand it. (Hints me over compensating on my definition.) I've been faulted for leaving blanks for others to fill in, so I'm doing as told, and was trying to be clear.

I think "It's just too perfect a setup for there not the be a intelligence behind it." says the exactly what this entire post up to this point say. While I laugh along with the Benny Hill comments, I just don't have much to add to them.

----------------------
On another subject...
----------------------

Not I'm perfect. Granted I make many many grammar, spelling, and pronunciation mistakes. (It may take hours if I spot my mistakes at all.) 1rst grade to after college my ability to use any written language (outside programming) has always been very poor. To the point my teacher wanted to hold be back in 1rst grade of all things! That is to say, I have trouble written languages, but I'm always thankful when someone takes the time to correct me or ask for clarification. It allows me to improve me self, if ever so slightly.

Please don't antagonize me ("... Or should we just guess what you mean, and then abuse you for it?"). I like to be meek and timid, and have trouble with it some times. (ok, a lot of the time.) Do not think me toothless. I do not identify with a lion (Panthera Leo) because I thought it was cuddly or have insecurity issues. I chose my predator carefully. Please do not antagonize me!

This is not the first time I have asked you,(That was a private message) Please let it be the last. Please? Please? If you have a problem with me, I do check to see if I have primate messages, send me one!

Alondro

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 11, 2010, 05:00:33 AM

I think you'll find that's called "Hanlon's Razor".  Though I'm a big fan of the Clarke-Hanlon principle which states that "Any sufficiently advanced malice is indistinguishable from stupidity."

*Charline is annoyed by this, for she assumes they were talking about her...*  >:C
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

Alteisentier

Quote from: PantheraLeo on August 11, 2010, 10:27:19 AM

Please don't antagonize me ("... Or should we just guess what you mean, and then abuse you for it?"). I like to be meek and timid, and have trouble with it some times. (ok, a lot of the time.) Do not think me toothless. I do not identify with a lion (Panthera Leo) because I thought it was cuddly or have insecurity issues. I chose my predator carefully. Please do not antagonize me!

This is not the first time I have asked you,(That was a private message) Please let it be the last. Please? Please? If you have a problem with me, I do check to see if I have primate messages, send me one!

So what do you think of the moon conspiracy?
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Turnsky

Quote from: Alteisentier on August 11, 2010, 11:03:28 AM

...or rainbows in the water supply?

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Alteisentier

Quote from: Turnsky on August 11, 2010, 11:05:25 AM
Quote from: Alteisentier on August 11, 2010, 11:03:28 AM

...or rainbows in the water supply?

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?!
*WARNING: MAY BE BRUTALLY HONEST TO THE POINT OF INSULTING YOUR FACE; MOTHER; AND POSSIBLY YOUR DOG. PLEASE SEE YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE FURTHER DOSES IF REDUCED TO A BLUBBERING PILE OF TEARS*

Keleth

Help! I'm gay!

llearch n'n'daCorna

As in, someone taking the time to think though something.
<SNIP>

Perhaps I'd understand the question better if you,llearch n'n'daCorna, elaborated more. If I thought what I said was unclear I would have explained better; So, your questions a mystery to me. I do not understand it. (Hints me over compensating on my definition.) I've been faulted for leaving blanks for others to fill in, so I'm doing as told, and was trying to be clear.

I think "It's just too perfect a setup for there not the be a intelligence behind it." says the exactly what this entire post up to this point say. While I laugh along with the Benny Hill comments, I just don't have much to add to them.

Re-read the quoted sentence carefully. I'm pretty sure you either left a word out, or didn't say what you thought you did.

Seriously. I'm not jumping on you here, I'm politely trying to suggest that your sentence structure is somewhat lacking to the point that you're no longer comprehensible.

A lengthy explanation on what you mean by intelligence is welcome, but slightly mis-aimed. I wasn't criticising your meaning, but attempting to correct your typing. Take a few minutes, we'll wait. Honest.

Quote from: Drathorin on August 11, 2010, 11:07:24 AM
Oh my GOD It's so intense!

... and you lot can just back off, ya bullies. :-P
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Turnsky

fair cop, folks should realise however that there is an intelligence behind all of this...

She writes and draws the blessed thing, after all.  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Alteisentier

Okay; lets back up a minute and stop with the running joke. Panther, you entirely missed the point. You missed it so hard you've shot out of orbit, sailed past mars and mercury and probably found alien life in the distant stars. (PS. Say hi for me.)

Really; if you have that much trouble structuring your sentences into a coherent and easily understandable format.. It might be well worth investing the time to sit back, re-read your post a few times. And then re-write it.

To be honest it's not like you lack effort; you type up a storm and a half. So why not just put that extra bit of effort into reading what people say, fixing up your writing and over all improving your communication; forums don't exactly go much faster than a snail. There's plenty of time for it.

And on another note; I'll just leave it for you to think about. But you do realize just how condescending, and down right insulting the majority of your posts content was, mmm? Don't go raving over an innocent; and valid complaint against some horrible grammar and then try to play the meek, victim.

AmigaDragon

Hehe, there's lots of primate messages here, both open and private. :ape
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Inumo

Alright, now that we're done talking about Panthera, can we go back on topic? I'm requesting a gif of Abel running away from Chicki, if anyone is willing to do so. It would be a fun avatar to have. :P

Alteisentier

Quote from: Inumo on August 11, 2010, 12:25:55 PM
Alright, now that we're done talking about Panthera, can we go back on topic? I'm requesting a gif of Abel running away from Chicki, if anyone is willing to do so. It would be a fun avatar to have. :P

Start > All programs > Windows Movie Maker.

Keleth

Heh, Remember when people used to do animation on post its?
Help! I'm gay!

Inumo