03/08/2010 [DMFA #1133] - Photogenic

Started by Tapewolf, August 03, 2010, 04:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raskahn

Here's my theory.
With Abel morphing into his old outfit in the first panel. I'd say it's possible our little paparazzi saw him doing it and took a series of foto's, only to forget to turn the flash off during the last one.

Now that would make the headlines.

Lore

Quote from: SpottedKitty on August 03, 2010, 01:28:04 PM
Quote from: Mao Laoren on August 03, 2010, 06:06:57 AM

I wonder how long until we get that photo out to the world and a lovely little mess starting at Lost Lake as the 'Cubi witch hunt begins...

Not forgetting, of course, that Little Miss Blunt Object Brigade saw him at Lost Lake last night without wings.

Assuming she's sobered up yet and got rid of the monumental hangover enough to remember what "pretty boy" looked like...   :rolleyes

Of course, she would have seen his clan mark as well, which will be more problematic if these photos do circle around to her. She is supposed to be an adventurer.

Lucheek

I don't think Abel knows what a camera is. And really, I wouldn't be too woried about an insectis. I have a feeling they don't know much about the species on land. My guess is he/she just wanted a picture of the feathers... they like them some feathers

techmaster-glitch

Quote from: Lucheek on August 03, 2010, 03:00:08 PM
I don't think Abel knows what a camera is...

...that may actually be true, if this comic is anything to go by...  :eek

(oh, and welcome back, Deebs' giraffe. Haven't seen you around here in a real long time...)

That_wolf

I'd love if Amber would just say WHY s/he took that picture of Abel. ...A scout of Abel's dad, possibly?(It could happen, just like Dan's dad might be Abel's dad.)
Abel needs a hug...

Tapewolf

Quote from: That_wolf on August 03, 2010, 04:23:13 PM
I'd love if Amber would just say WHY s/he took that picture of Abel. ...A scout of Abel's dad, possibly?(It could happen, just like Dan's dad might be Abel's dad.)

As Lucheek says, Insectis like feathers.  That and the fact that 'Cubi and Angels are very rare.

However, it might be that the Insectis was trying to photograph Jyrras' house and Abel simply got in the way.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

That_wolf

Do you mind if now I jump to my next crazy idea that the insectis is a spy for the council http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_366.php ?
Abel needs a hug...

PantheraLeo

I think Able is headed for trouble. Aside from his clan mark showing and a 'witch hunt' for cubi in the area ( Though said hunting group was content to allow cubi in the area on the provision they stayed out of trouble.) I'm wondering what this will mean for Ables story.

The Syra clan mark circulating around after Able's father fouled things up in his sub-story is sure to be a plot point.

On the other hand, Daniel should ... mostly ... be fine with in the same position because his clan mark is hidden. Though in a large published community it's sure to be trouble. Daniel is easily mistaken for a Angle (something well received ), and has been vetted as being at least a semi-famous adventure, son of a adventure and growing up in the local area. Daniel has some strong points protecting him. If Daniel his showing off his wings in public was a issue (even though clan Cyra is in hiding) he would have been one dead baby decades ago.

Able on the other hand? He's standing out in the cold. * ... Plot sense tingling ....* Fa'Lina said the Daniel would be back within "one month a year", I wonder if that's what we are seeing now. She also said had a visual aid of what would happen if he didn't come back. I wonder if that was a threat or a warning ...

Edit: As for you, Tapewolf, posting the threads for each new strip, consider it a place of honor and enjoy it. :)

As for the great and mighty creator of DMFA, "The Amber", working on the core comic or other misc. stuff? I suggest that you, Amber, work on whatever you most enjoy working on and stop asking the bleating masses what they think you should think. ;) I'm sure the rest of us enjoy the modicum of power that entitles us as I do, but if you're not enjoying your self the comic is going to grind to a halt or start to ... degrade in quality. So my "vote" is to do whatever you feel like doing as the mood takes you to do so in this case.
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Gabi

The Insectis could have had many different reasons to take that photo. I don't think we can guess what her true reason was until Amber reveals it.

As for the cover pages... they're not something I really like, but I do like Amber's art, so I won't complain if she chooses to make them. I prefet to see comic pages, though.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Attic Rat

I think I'll go with Jyrras paparazzi on this one. If you're taking pictures of somebody famous, you'll want to get photos of anyone visiting that person as well. Then you can write whatever fantasy fits the photos, and call it society news.
Which would you like to be, ignorant or misled?

Inumo

Quote from: Attic Rat on August 03, 2010, 06:00:13 PM
I think I'll go with Jyrras paparazzi on this one. If you're taking pictures of somebody famous, you'll want to get photos of anyone visiting that person as well. Then you can write whatever fantasy fits the photos, and call it society news.

Sounds like fanfics! :P

Jasonrevall

I agree the insectis is probably paparazzi staking out Jyrass's house or nearby. Probably just trying to make a living like everyone else by taking photos. Still, Abel getting his photo taken by the media is not really a good thing.

Quote from: Lucheek on August 03, 2010, 03:00:08 PM
And really, I wouldn't be too woried about an insectis. I have a feeling they don't know much about the species on land. My guess is he/she just wanted a picture of the feathers... they like them some feathers

That could be true, but the insectis could maybe work for a magazine or something that has a normal being boss. Or maybe the insectis was bird watching and couldn't tell the difference, they all have wings right?
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Prof B Hunnydew

OR OR It could be just a like a Japaness Tourist,  It takes pictures at random at random things, just because they are pretty..... Prettty Shiny thing.  Yes Abel is a very pretty and very shiney shiny..  

PBH

"We can only do the impossible when it is Funny"

Rambon

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on August 03, 2010, 08:05:07 PM

OR OR It could be just a like a Japaness Tourist,  It takes pictures at random at random things, just because they are pretty..... Prettty Shiny thing.  Yes Abel is a very pretty and very shiney shiny..  

PBH

"We can only do the impossible when it is Funny"

Here in NYC... that's describing every *insert adj* Tourist. EVER.

That_wolf

Quote from: Rambon on August 03, 2010, 09:39:01 PM

Every... tall tourist?
Abel needs a hug...

Shachza

Quote from: That_wolf on August 03, 2010, 09:57:27 PM
Quote from: Rambon on August 03, 2010, 09:39:01 PM

Every... tall tourist?

Squishy!  :D

The insectis' reaction is pretty weird, like it was more concerned that the flash had upset Abel than taking a picture had.  Maybe we've got tourist combined with vastly different social morals.  If instectis think that a feather hanging from an antenna is a swanky outfit, then who knows what other strange customs they may have.  Leaving the camera flash on during the day might cause the same reaction among insectis as tripping on your shoelace does for those of us who wear them.
            <-- #1 that is!

D'ymkarra

Quote from: Mao Laoren on August 03, 2010, 06:06:57 AM
Ah, nothing like random, unsolicited photography of one's self to make a situation awkward.  I wonder how long until we get that photo out to the world and a lovely little mess starting at Lost Lake as the 'Cubi witch hunt begins...

Indeed, I'm taking bets on how long till we see the Blunt Object Brigade again; Not to mention any photos showing Abel outside of SAIA are bound to attract the attention of certain....relatives....

'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Naldru

Are you sure that the clothes were produced by morphing.  I thought it likely that he made the clothes out of the pack that he had placed his clothes in.
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Inumo

Quote from: Naldru on August 03, 2010, 11:16:36 PM
Are you sure that the clothes were produced by morphing.  I thought it likely that he made the clothes out of the pack that he had placed his clothes in.

Look at his right shoe in the first panel, then the third.

Rambon

Quote from: Inumo on August 03, 2010, 11:40:00 PM

you mean 4th?

Inumo

Quote from: Rambon on August 03, 2010, 11:44:12 PM

you mean 4th?

Yeah, 4th. I forgot about the flash panel.

Alondro

*Charline acks!*  Insectis infestation!  *breaks out the giant Raid can!*
Three's a crowd:  One lordly leonine of the Leyjon, one cruel and cunning cubi goddess, and one utterly doomed human stuck between them.

http://www.furfire.org/art/yapcharli2.gif

SpottedKitty

Not only that, in the first panel it looks to me like the skirt is still forming (and still sliding up his waist).
ENGLISH: A language that lurks in dark alleys, beats up other languages
and rifles through their pockets for spare vocabulary.

ooklah

Amber that would be awesome if you made chapter pages. :)
<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

Anker Steadfast

I see everyone thinks he's going to Jyrra's house .. but he's in an shape shifting examn of a sort, why would he end up at Jyrra's ?
As for the insectis, I think she just like the feathers - Also, she's kinda cute .... well, at least I think it's a "she" ...

Chapter covers :
Do it if you think they will be fun to make Amber, don't stress over it.
And if making comic updates seems more fun to you, do that instead.
I'm sure we'll enjoy DMFA either which way.

:)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Draken

Running with the whole newstory thing:

It's going to be very very simple.  Abel's looks are more than likely well known through-out the region that he frequents.  My guess, from that cougar that got those pics while he was changing (can't remember the strip).  Thus, he has many many MANY followers.  Tina's outlook will change once she realizes whose pants she is holding, the female (?) bug will sell the pics to the nearest biggest newpaper company, and Abel will become the next Page 3 Guy.   Though, she/he will keep the best ones for him/her self.

Thus, he will be hunted down in a more central area, but not as a cubi (though that might be addition to the "fuel"), but as the second hottest apparrent bachelor since Jyrras was featured.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

terrycloth

The 'shapeshifting exam' was a figure of speech, Anker -- 'are you good enough not to be eaten by griffons? That's the real test' sort of thing. He's going to Jyrras' place because he said he was going to Jyrras' place after Lorenda asked him to go talk to Jyrras.

Nino

Lego3400

To the Multivle people to bring up Abel's clan mark I feel I must point out the following.
1. Not everyone knows what a clan mark is and even those that do can't ideniffy them all
2. Abel is from a small clan.   Probably no more then 1-3 members and unlike Cyra clan (Which is just as small) isn't infamous.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Lego3400 on August 05, 2010, 01:27:59 AM
To the Multivle people to bring up Abel's clan mark I feel I must point out the following.
1. Not everyone knows what a clan mark is and even those that do can't ideniffy them all
This is true.  Chances are that unless someone wrote a definitive guide in happier days when 'Cubi were less secretive, you would have to be a 'Cubi and study at SAIA and its library to build a comprehensive list.

Quote2. Abel is from a small clan.   Probably no more then 1-3 members and unlike Cyra clan (Which is just as small) isn't infamous.
This I'm not sure I agree with.   Siar clan was considered a very powerful clan and at the height of its power was, AFAIK, one of the biggest clans in recent history.  It was also one of only 13 active Tri-winged clans and probably the last one to be extinguished, long after the war ended.  While all this may have been entirely hidden to most Beings and Creatures, it happened only about 500-800 years before DMFA, well within living memory for many Creatures (e.g. DP probably lived through it, Aniz is something like 850).

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E