06/08/2010 [DMFA #1134] - Good Luck Indeed

Started by RandomMetaphysics, August 06, 2010, 05:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inumo

Y'know, voicing an insectis would be tricky if you didn't have something to keep your lips stiff. Maybe you can tape a dowel rod over your lips or something like that to simulate the effect?

MT Hazard

I notice Abel's wings have nearly disappeared in panel three, I wonder if he is doing that on purpose.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on August 07, 2010, 11:38:17 AM
I notice Abel's wings have nearly disappeared in panel three, I wonder if he is doing that on purpose.

I hadn't noticed that.  It's going to be a bit difficult to say "No, I'm not a shapeshifter" now...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Bjalf

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 07, 2010, 11:39:53 AM

I hadn't noticed that.  It's going to be a bit difficult to say "No, I'm not a shapeshifter" now...

Naah, the wings are just slightly extended, like here:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_875.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_884.php

Tapewolf

Quote from: Bjalf on August 07, 2010, 11:50:48 AM
Naah, the wings are just slightly extended, like here:
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_875.php
http://www.missmab.com/Comics/Vol_884.php

It's his right wing (left side of panel) that makes me wonder.  It has to be at exactly the right angle for it to be hidden if he's not shifting it away.  I guess we'll know for sure in the next strip.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

That_wolf

Yeah, see I don't understand what happened there STILL. Dan asks for his name, he says it, and Dan explodes. sorry, I'm still not understanding it.

Quote from: Bjalf on August 07, 2010, 10:41:35 AM
Quote from: That_wolf on August 07, 2010, 09:26:10 AM
Why does everyone think she's now a cast member?

Edit: This is what I'm responding to.
Abel needs a hug...

Balance

Quote from: That_wolf on August 07, 2010, 11:56:58 AM
Yeah, see I don't understand what happened there STILL. Dan asks for his name, he says it, and Dan explodes. sorry, I'm still not understanding it.

Dan is assuming that Pyro's a Twink, and he doesn't want a recurring Twink character hanging around. Since giving the character's name (allegedly) assures him of a recurring role, Dan is upset because Pyro gives his name before Dan can stop him.

Arroyo Milori

Quote from: Inumo on August 07, 2010, 11:32:57 AM
Y'know, voicing an insectis would be tricky if you didn't have something to keep your lips stiff. Maybe you can tape a dowel rod over your lips or something like that to simulate the effect?
I can imagine, but it's nothing that good ol' technology can't help : D

Kind of funny, I have that exact same font Amber used for the Insect girl...I believe it was called "A Fine Damn Mess" or something like that.  :L

ooklah

<wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka wakka>
"Why no, officer, I am not made of pancakes."

PantheraLeo

About the wings, We maybe reading too much into it. It maybe worth noting 'earzilla' and the change in Daniel's wings from issue one until now. I think perhaps Amber is using her right of "because I said so".
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Gullible

Quote from: Bjalf on August 07, 2010, 08:26:36 AM
Quote from: Gullible on August 07, 2010, 08:19:15 AM
Clearly bugs should have Scottish accents... :P

Noooo! Now I hear the voice of Sean Connery when I look at the strip!   :erk

Remember, Abel, remember your home.  Another galaxy, you were chosen...

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on August 07, 2010, 11:39:53 AM

I think one is just half offscreen and the other is just hidden behind Abel's head & body.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Teroniss

Just get one of these

http://www.amazon.com/Multi-Voice-Changer-Toysmith-different/dp/B000FK3WDC

I had something like it as a kid, and one of the voices sounds alot like what you might figure a buzzing insect wound sound like speaking.