Re: 25/07/2010 [DMFA #1129] - One way to fix it

Started by PantheraLeo, July 25, 2010, 11:19:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PantheraLeo

Edit: Oops, That was meant to be a private message. (Just used to quote feature to speed things up.) Delete button...who has the delete button?
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

llearch n'n'daCorna

Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

llearch n'n'daCorna

Not for him, no. I can't let an opportunity to wave my willy around go past, though, can I?

Darkmoon

Mao

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 26, 2010, 10:24:54 AM
Not for him, no. I can't let an opportunity to wave my willy around go past, though, can I?

Arrgh .. my eyes, my eyes !!

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Turnsky

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on July 26, 2010, 10:24:54 AM

Does skinner know that you have his willy?  >:3

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

llearch n'n'daCorna

It's grounds for a lawsuit, T. I think I'll get time off for good behaviour, though...

ShadesFox

You say that boxeh, but then the news says,
"News: Now, the 11 o'clock news. The earlier story about cardboard boxes has been found to be a total fabrication. Boxes are actually totally incorruptible, completely honest, eminently trustworthy, friendly, and safe, and are not holding a gun to my back at all."

Also, iPhone autocorrect wants to turn boxeh into vixen.
The All Purpose Fox

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: ShadesFox on July 28, 2010, 01:14:35 PM
Also, iPhone autocorrect wants to turn boxeh into vixen.

That's quite a change. I'd wish you luck, but I've got to go for a walk out of your reach, mmkay? ;-]

PantheraLeo

Hey, I'm famous! (Though, somehow I didn't envious my fame including scaring mental images!  :mwaha )
Absolute brutal honesty with a hint of empathy is my policy, please contact my manager for returns.

Love is patient, Love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, is it not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

And now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Mao

According to who, exactly?  I don't see any fame, just derision and mockery.  Also.. what the hell does that second part mean?  The part in brackets.  It doesn't make sense.  Post in at least passable English or prepare to be mocked heavily.

VAE

I guess it was supposed to be envision instead of envious and the above just dun goof'd
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

PantheraLeo

Quiet you, you're derail me evil plan to confuse people and blot out the strip tees comment from my mind, and blame it on my dyslexia. It's always useful to have a scapegoat. (Thank you for the correction, btw.)

Anker Steadfast

Evil Plans ?
There are no Evil Plans here.
No Siree.

:shifty

Move along now.

Darkmoon

Quote from: PantheraLeo on July 29, 2010, 11:13:48 PM
Quiet you, you're derail me evil plan to confuse people and blot out the strip tees comment from my mind, and blame it on my dyslexia. It's always useful to have a scapegoat. (Thank you for the correction, btw.)

Not to be mean, as I have dyslexia as well, but this just looks more like not knowing how to spell...

Mao

I was going to say, dyslexia doesn't remove your ability to spell.  Just means that occasionally (some more frequently than others) some letters of the correct word get mixed up and it's hard for the brain to recognize it.  It can, with practice, recognize them it's just harder than normal.  At least that was my understanding of it.  I'm no expert on such things.

So far it just looks to me like you're using it as an excuse to not use proper spelling, grammar and to not check your posts before you actually post them.  Just calm down, organize your thoughts and take your time to write out your post properly and I'm sure most of the issues you're having with your posts will clear up.

How you post affects how you will be received.  If you try and be 'silly and wacky' you'll be funny for a short bit but then, like an old joke, you'll start to get annoying and people will get tired of you.  If 'silly and wacky' is the common approach.. then it becomes like an old joke that everyone keeps telling and the reaction will be much faster and much nastier.   If you post without organizing your thoughts and putting serious effort into it, people will have a hard time taking it seriously.  You weren't serious about it, why should they be?  If you're constantly a jerk to people, people will be a jerk back to you, just look at Darkmoon and I. XP

Darkmoon

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 30, 2010, 08:58:59 AM
I was going to say, dyslexia doesn't remove your ability to spell.  Just means that occasionally (some more frequently than others) some letters of the correct word get mixed up and it's hard for the brain to recognize it.  It can, with practice, recognize them it's just harder than normal.  At least that was my understanding of it.  I'm no expert on such things.

Pretty much how it affects me. I have to watch what I type sometimes just to see if letters are out of order. Other times my fingers and my brain disconnect, and the letters I typed are in completely the wrong order, as if one hand was two or three letters ahead of the other in the same words. Really bizarre.

The only solution I've found is to just try and commit as many words as I can to memory -- to try and visualize the words in my head before they even go onto the "page". Take a lot of brain power, but it's the only thing I can see that works. Even then, some words just refuse to go in right. "Their" is one of them.

Anker Steadfast

Well, if I had Dyslexia, I'd probably use the spellchecker a whole lot more.
I'm not dyslexic though, so whenever I make spelling errors, it's my own damn fault for not proofreading my own writing.
Offcourse, writing really fast sometimes, means an error or two slips trough - Gets worse when I'm tired too.

Doesn't help that English isn't my main language either, but that's another issue alltogether.
But it  means that some of the grammatic errors I make, will seem perfectly fine to me.
That's just how it goes, I guess.

So cheer up - We all make mistakes in here. :)

Quote from: Mao Laoren on July 30, 2010, 08:58:59 AMIf you're constantly a jerk to people, people will be a jerk back to you, just look at Darkmoon and I. XP

Karma strikes back, huh?

Mao

For sure.  Unfortunately for Karma.. it amuses the shit out of me when people try to be a dick to me.  Most of the time, they're not very good at it.

Darkmoon

I certainly didn't ask for my bad karma, but I do find it funny.

Anker Steadfast

While we are on the topic of Karma ... Darkmoon, how the heck did you manage to get -10k karma ?

I'm sorta impressed and scared at the same time. :D

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Darkmoon on July 30, 2010, 08:15:43 PM
I certainly didn't ask for my bad karma, but I do find it funny.

I did. It didn't work as well as yours, though...

Anker Steadfast

Aaand I now think a certain pop-up box had something to do with it. :)

Darkmoon

Quote from: Anker Steadfast on July 31, 2010, 09:03:10 AM
While we are on the topic of Karma ... Darkmoon, how the heck did you manage to get -10k karma ?

I'm sorta impressed and scared at the same time. :D

People love me apparently.

Anker Steadfast

*gives Darkmoon another positive karma*

He he he he!

:D

Darkmoon

llearch n'n'daCorna