18/07/2010 [DMFA #1128] That's Pip's response to everything, though

Started by Ry, July 18, 2010, 03:30:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ry

I wonder if Pip WAS disagreeing- that certainly got Wildy's attention! >:3

MT Hazard

It has been suggested that Pip does not actually hate Dan but is acting out a role in Mab's plan.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Bjalf

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 18, 2010, 06:24:36 AM
It has been suggested that Pip does not actually hate Dan but is acting out a role in Mab's plan.

I think so, too.

Though in this particular forum, everything has been suggested.  :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Ry on July 18, 2010, 03:30:14 AM

Indeed - that's about as graphic a representation of "Something going wrong for Dan" as you can get with a doll...

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 18, 2010, 07:15:16 AM
Quote from: Ry on July 18, 2010, 03:30:14 AMI wonder if Pip WAS disagreeing- that certainly got Wildy's attention! >:3
Indeed - that's about as graphic a representation of "Something going wrong for Dan" as you can get with a doll...

Well,, you could whack the beheaded doll into the floor repeatedly, as well. :)
Still, it was very nicely played by Pip.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

joshofspam

Quote from: Tapewolf on July 18, 2010, 07:15:16 AM
Quote from: Ry on July 18, 2010, 03:30:14 AM

I don't know.

I remember my sister playing house with Barbey doll. So one wonders if married bliss scene with Kria doll and Dan doll would be much better? :P
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Ry

I can see his actions as a cross of "protectiveness over Mab" and helping Dan the only way Pip knows how (or the way he does best).  When Dan was having an identity crisis- it was Pip that got him out of it quicker than most of the other characters. Definitely seems possible. That, and Pip probably just enjoys it a bit.  :3

Captain

Forget more normal arguments, let's just rip a doll's head off.

I think Mab might've known Pip would do that and set it up because she thinks it represents how Wildy thinks as in "cause trouble for Dan" "of course." Though ripping Dan's head off is definitely exaggerating it.

Nah, I must've lost my mind, Mab do something like that.
If you want to visit me:
Download this: http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
then go to Captain's Modded Server and look for captaiN

Jasonrevall

Puppets do make everything better. At least he spit the head out instead of devouring it completely.
Forward ever onward upward aiming skyward.

Suwako

I say, that little puppet person seems to have been damaged.

Delightful, how amusing.

I do like wildy's expression more than the actual action, to see her looking like that, oh yes.

Ry

Quote from: Jasonrevall on July 18, 2010, 11:09:28 AM
Puppets do make everything better. At least he spit the head out instead of devouring it completely.

I'm surprised the head isn't more mangled- he was chewing pretty good. That's part of why I imagine this was Pip trying to convince Wildy not to do it- she didn't care when he was chewing, it was when he spat it out that the neurons started firing up.

Drayco84

Quote from: Ry on July 18, 2010, 11:31:33 AM
I'm surprised the head isn't more mangled- he was chewing pretty good. That's part of why I imagine this was Pip trying to convince Wildy not to do it- she didn't care when he was chewing, it was when he spat it out that the neurons started firing up.
Well, that and the fact that it was probably covered in Pip spit...

However, would it be too early to announce "Bleh-Tooie!" as the quote of 2010?

Naldru

Quote from: Bjalf on July 18, 2010, 07:11:53 AM

I think so, too.

Though in this particular forum, everything has been suggested.  :P
Given the number of permutations that are possible given the number of characters and the number of possible relationships (secretly in love with, secretly disguised as, is a figment of the imagination of, is a secret agent of, is secretly the child of, etc.), it is highly unlikely that everything has been suggested.  This raises the possibility of a Java applet that acts as a random situation generator. :rolleyes :erk
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Inumo

Quote from: Naldru on July 18, 2010, 12:33:18 PM
Given the number of permutations that are possible given the number of characters and the number of possible relationships (secretly in love with, secretly disguised as, is a figment of the imagination of, is a secret agent of, is secretly the child of, etc.), it is highly unlikely that everything has been suggested.  This raises the possibility of a Java applet that acts as a random situation generator. :rolleyes :erk

We can certainly try, though.

Quote from: Drayco84 on July 18, 2010, 11:44:35 AM
However, would it be too early to announce "Bleh-Tooie!" as the quote of 2010?

Depends on how well it's remembered by, oh, September or so.

Draken

Eh, just more mab manipulations.  Hmph. 

As for the head-bite thing, it's obvious.  Pip is still pissed that he was forced into the costume (Guess who my theory is?), and he's just taking out his frustration on the doll.  The whole head-spitting was just coincidence.
"TEETH!  TEETH!  He's a biter!!!"
Go get'em, Jy!

Pancakes.  The evilest food thing since THOSE brownies.  You know the ones.

Currently a complete non-fan of Mab.  Say what you will, I will forever consider her the Big Bad >.>

MT Hazard

I think so, too.

Given the number of permutations that are possible given the number of characters and the number of possible relationships (secretly in love with, secretly disguised as, is a figment of the imagination of, is a secret agent of, is secretly the child of, etc.), it is highly unlikely that everything has been suggested.  This raises the possibility of a Java applet that acts as a random situation generator. :rolleyes :erk

I was thinking of the only time that Pip definitely talked, comic 847

Inumo

Quote from: MT Hazard on July 18, 2010, 04:55:19 PM

I think so, too.

Given the number of permutations that are possible given the number of characters and the number of possible relationships (secretly in love with, secretly disguised as, is a figment of the imagination of, is a secret agent of, is secretly the child of, etc.), it is highly unlikely that everything has been suggested.  This raises the possibility of a Java applet that acts as a random situation generator. :rolleyes :erk

You forgot #1099. I think what it is, though, is that the perspective/narrative/understanding/whatever shifts to Mab, as she's the main subject of the scene. Thus, since she can understand Pip, it's auto-translated for our benefit.

That_wolf

It DOES look like Pip's showing a possible outcom, if Wildy tries to mess with Dan this time around. I hope Wildy doesn't take it to far.
Abel needs a hug...

Dragon_FoxTS

If Pip was arguing for messing with Dan his argument might have backfired.

Merlin

Quote from: Dragon_FoxTS on July 18, 2010, 08:21:55 PM
If Pip was arguing for messing with Dan his argument might have backfired.

Maybe Wildy was just impressed at how high he got that thing's head to bounce, haha.

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: That_wolf on July 18, 2010, 06:36:38 PM
It DOES look like Pip's showing a possible outcom, if Wildy tries to mess with Dan this time around. I hope Wildy doesn't take it to far.

Wildy could and would.. But Wildy maybe just be realizing the fact that she don't have these kind of moral arguements outside of herself.  Wildy can take a hint, but she will try and have some fun with Dan some other way.

I don't know Mab is looking super cute in this comic.  

PBH

MT Hazard

Quote from: Inumo on July 18, 2010, 06:17:08 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on July 18, 2010, 04:55:19 PM

I think so, too.

You forgot #1099. I think what it is, though, is that the perspective/narrative/understanding/whatever shifts to Mab, as she's the main subject of the scene. Thus, since she can understand Pip, it's auto-translated for our benefit.

The point I was trying to make (I think, probably) is that Pip has no actual malice for Dan but attacks him for yet unknown reasons, possibly to stop Dan interfering in things. He has even helped him occasionally, as mentioned in other posts.

Am I repeating myself or others? I relay can't tell as this point.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on July 19, 2010, 05:30:13 AM
Quote from: That_wolf on July 18, 2010, 06:36:38 PMIt DOES look like Pip's showing a possible outcom, if Wildy tries to mess with Dan this time around. I hope Wildy doesn't take it to far.
Wildy could and would.. But Wildy maybe just be realizing the fact that she don't have these kind of moral arguements outside of herself.  Wildy can take a hint, but she will try and have some fun with Dan some other way.

Knowing how twisted plots our dear artist can come up with, I could just as easily see Mab trying to foil Wildy's plans, as I could see her appear just as Wildy is about to do her thing, in a cheerleading outfit, with pompoms and everythng. cheering her on!

Mab : Wildy!
Mab : Wildy!
Mab : Look at her go!
Mab : Wildy
Mab : Wildy
Mab : Evil is her *muumph"
Wildy : STOP IT, you are ruining my plans!!
Mab : Whoopsie!
Pip : Pa-Tooie
Mab : PIP - where did you get that Wildy doll ?
Wildy : Gah ... I think I'm going home.

:D

Perhaps add some spotlights and a sparkling discoball to top it off, maybe even with Albion taking pictures for the press.
For comedic effect, he couild slap some shiny bangles on a tree.

We ARE talking about Fae here, after all. :)

QuoteI don't know Mab is looking super cute in this comic.  

I agree, Angel Mab is right cute. :)

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Turnsky

am i the only one that wants to see Wildy try her harebrained scheme only to have it blow up in her face in epic comeuppance?  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

SquirrelWizard

I believe this is what they call an "al dente" counter argument.
Update Status: Zombified

<Tezkat> Talking to yourself is a sign of impending mental collapse.
<SquirrelWizard> I talk to myself all the time, and I'm the sanest guy I know.

<TotalBiscuit> Upgrades! Upgrades! Upgrades! Its wacky-waving-inflatable-arm waving... nuclear missile... well, suppose that works...

Prof B Hunnydew

Quote from: Turnsky on July 19, 2010, 10:02:02 PM
am i the only one that wants to see Wildy try her harebrained scheme only to have it blow up in her face in epic comeuppance?  :U

Oh   You forget Why Lorenda told that her mother that Dating Lie in the first place.Then Dark Pegasus and Dan will be having a rematch, and Dan might really bite it this time. Then again Wildy will be near by this time for backup.  And hopefully Mabs.

PBH

Turnsky

Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on July 20, 2010, 05:15:53 AM

Oh   You forget Why Lorenda told that her mother that Dating Lie in the first place.Then Dark Pegasus and Dan will be having a rematch, and Dan might really bite it this time. Then again Wildy will be near by this time for backup.  And hopefully Mabs.

PBH

Still, those who cause strife for the sheer fun of it deserve what they get now and again.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

VAE

Quote from: Turnsky on July 20, 2010, 06:40:00 AM
Quote from: Prof B Hunnydew on July 20, 2010, 05:15:53 AM
am i the only one that wants to see Wildy try her harebrained scheme only to have it blow up in her face in epic comeuppance?  :U

Oh   You forget Why Lorenda told that her mother that Dating Lie in the first place.Then Dark Pegasus and Dan will be having a rematch, and Dan might really bite it this time. Then again Wildy will be near by this time for backup.  And hopefully Mabs.

PBH

Still, those who cause strife for the sheer fun of it deserve what they get now and again.

Yep... they deserve all the lulz they get from it, fair and square!

EDIT: However the so-called "audience" are just filthy leechers, LOLing but not contributing any!
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

jeffh4

This does make you wonder what Mab was up to the FIRST time Dan went to the Soulstealer's residence. Now THAT was a dangerous situation that almost ended in Bleh-tooie!

Still, Dan needed to meet his Clan Leader and the plot must move forward.

That_wolf

Maybe... it WAS Mab's plan, for that all to happen. Dan found his clan leader(at least in dream), he's more motivated, and what if Lorinda/Dan is Mab's plan all along? It might be so Dan(Who once thought himself a being) could try to persuade demons(or at least Lorena's family) to be more tolerant of beings, especially Jyyras, who can invent something to do something, and on, and on.

Whew, never ending cycle, all because Dan went to the soul stealer's place. Now I'm going out on a line, but I predict Lorena's midget wings are going to come back, soon.
Abel needs a hug...