06/25/2010 [PF #122] - The Six Million Dollar Cat

Started by joshofspam, June 25, 2010, 05:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joshofspam

Well now he has a body. Wonder if this will end in good P.R. for when Jacob starts selling bodies?

At least he didn't fall over. That would have probably crushed Josh. Then who would Keaton boss around when she calls the base?

Hope any weapons that body might of had were disabled though
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Raskahn

Awesome update (what is it with me and the abundant use of the word awesome these days? somebody, please slap me)

The expressions in panel #4 are pure win. Renward looks like he's....I don't know what he looks like but it sure looks funny.  :)

Meany

I know you're probably tired of answering my insensate questions, Tape, but I can't help asking. :U  Did Jakob use a unused Panther for the Councilor, or did one of the less-than-smart ones have to make room?  And also, exactly how long does it take to make a custom robot body; from Jakob's flippancy, I imagine he's gotten it down to pretty much under a day.  Unless he's referring to sunrise when he says morning, which in the arctic might be a while.

And in other news:
Quote from: Lone_Wolf on June 25, 2010, 09:31:53 PM
Awesome update (what is it with me and the abundant use of the word awesome these days? somebody, please slap me)

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Meany on June 25, 2010, 10:37:08 PM
I know you're probably tired of answering my insensate questions, Tape, but I can't help asking. :U  Did Jakob use a unused Panther for the Councilor, or did one of the less-than-smart ones have to make room?

He went with an unused one.  Basically, he has the design patterns to build them if he wants.

QuoteAnd also, exactly how long does it take to make a custom robot body; from Jakob's flippancy, I imagine he's gotten it down to pretty much under a day.  Unless he's referring to sunrise when he says morning, which in the arctic might be a while.

Yeah.  The earlier designs were more hand-made, by this point they're moving over to a more generic design that can be mass-produced more easily with a matter assembler.  Obviously there are various tweaks to the build, gender, species, fur pattern etc, but once they've transitioned to the new basic design, those can be added by tweaking the design spec.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

Madmann135

My question is why did he use the word body when chassis could have been used?

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Suwako

Because chassis wouldn't actually make you think of your own body?

We have a chassis for you! ... I don't know how to build a car?  :B

I love the unhappy face in the fourth panel, it makes me giggle.  :U

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madmann135 on June 26, 2010, 10:24:08 PM

Wils is slightly in shock, he might not have understood.

Madmann135

Quote from: Tapewolf on June 27, 2010, 09:16:21 AM
Quote from: Madmann135 on June 26, 2010, 10:24:08 PM

Wils is slightly in shock, he might not have understood.

But he would have asked questions that would have been answered instead of adding a little more shock to his fragile state of mind.

Naldru

I just noticed the label on the computer in the background: "Digital VAX 11/785".  Haven't seen a Digital Equipment Corporation VAX for some time. 
Learn to laugh at yourself, and you will never be without a source of amusement.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Naldru on July 01, 2010, 05:56:30 AM
I just noticed the label on the computer in the background: "Digital VAX 11/785".  Haven't seen a Digital Equipment Corporation VAX for some time. 

Yeah.  It's a sort of in-joke... Ashley has spent more than 200 years on VMS and knows it inside-out.

The hardest part (see Page 44 ) was finding a DEC terminal font.  I'm still not convinced that's the actual VT102 font, it's probably from a later design...

Quote from: joshofspam on June 25, 2010, 05:26:04 PM
Hope any weapons that body might of had were disabled though

I believe I forgot to mention this.  The claws have been filed down so that he can't do much damage.  He's also got the safety interlocks anyway.

Madmann135

I am just laughing because Joshua is in a lab coat and he is not a scientist but an espionage agent.

Sofox

Quote from: Madmann135 on July 01, 2010, 11:09:22 PM
I am just laughing because Joshua is in a lab coat and he is not a scientist but an espionage agent.

It's funny, you could get arrested for wearing a policeman's uniform if you weren't a real policeman...

...but anyone can wear a labcoat legally!

techmaster-glitch

VAE

Quote from: techmaster-glitch on July 05, 2010, 11:57:28 AM
Quote from: Sofox on July 05, 2010, 11:08:46 AM
...but anyone can wear a labcoat legally!
Had to be said :giggle
Heh... there is a related funny - in my country "engineer" is a legally protected title referring to someone with an engineering degree (Ing.)
In UK and other countries, pretty much anybody can call someone that... and you then get the funny job title inflation... such as maintenance engineer for a plumber of sorts
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

hapless

Old joke claims that some places call the janitor's job "Maintenance of Flat Surfaces"...
Chaosnet device not responding - check breaker on the Unibus

inuhanyo

Quote from: joshofspam on June 25, 2010, 05:26:04 PM
At least he didn't fall over. That would have probably crushed Josh. Then who would Keaton boss around when she calls the base?

Remember, Joshua is living in the prototype android body, the head, at least, is explicitly demonstrated to be bullet proof.  I don't know what his strength limiters at set at, but potentially he could easily carry the panther robot.

Tapewolf

Quote from: inuhanyo on July 05, 2010, 10:15:24 PM
Remember, Joshua is living in the prototype android body, the head, at least, is explicitly demonstrated to be bullet proof.  I don't know what his strength limiters at set at, but potentially he could easily carry the panther robot.

He can, yes.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Madmann135 on July 01, 2010, 11:09:22 PM

I didn't realize that was Joshua

Gabi

Espionage agents get to wear whatever they find convenient, including lab coats.

In any case, I don't think there are any laws against anyone wearing one.
~~ Gabi a.k.a. Gliynn Starseed, APF ~~
Thanks to Silver for the yappities, and to everyone for being so great!
(12:28:12) llearch: Gabi is equal-opportunity friendly

Tapewolf

Quote from: Gabi on July 09, 2010, 04:03:32 PM
Espionage agents get to wear whatever they find convenient, including lab coats.
In any case, I don't think there are any laws against anyone wearing one.

It's more that Joshua is helping out, in which case a lab coat is suitable attire.