EX: 06/11/2010 [DMFA Filler] - Lessons about manners...

Started by Jack McSlay, June 11, 2010, 08:37:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack McSlay

Fa'lina drawn by chalo is win :D

But I'll have to digress about Las Lindas and say I agree with every serious reviewer who's done a review for it - It is protagonized by an horrendous slut and the story is filled with massive plot holes. The only thing worth about it is the art.
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Mao

Woo, post with cussing and intended to start a flamewar.  Great addition to the thread.  Very classy.

*slow claps* Braaavo.

Turnsky

Quote from: Jack McSlay on June 11, 2010, 08:37:24 AM
Fa'lina drawn by chalo is win :D

But I'll have to digress about Las Lindas and say I agree with every serious reviewer who's done a review for it - It is protagonized by an horrendous slut and the story is filled with massive plot holes. The only thing worth about it is the art.

{ Ok. Cigarette tossed in the bush. Let's see how big a flamewar thes becomes. }

i'm fairly sure that intentionally starting a flame war is against certain regulations, not to mention your choice of language.

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

Jack McSlay

I wasn't under intent of starting a flamewar. It's just that I find it inevitable.
Keyboard not detected. Press F1 to resume.

Mao

Then here's a tip: don't toss out flamebait and the odds decrease.

VAE

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on June 11, 2010, 08:02:16 AM
Speaking of sizing... (Fa'Lina) Well, someone was bound to mention it.

I agree - her snout or nose or how do you call it is a bit too short

EDIT: In the case someone is tired or what, yes this post is a joke on the previous sizing mentions...
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Mao

Quote from: danman on June 11, 2010, 09:19:01 AM
Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on June 11, 2010, 08:02:16 AM
Speaking of sizing... (Fa'Lina) Well, someone was bound to mention it.

I agree - her snout or nose or how do you call it is a bit too short

Seriously Danman?  Someone does something nice for Amber and does a guest comic for her... and you're nitpicking it?  Maybe I'm just cranky and you're trying to be funny in some way, but I'm not seeing it.

Turnsky

Quote from: Mao Laoren on June 11, 2010, 09:21:24 AM
Seriously Danman?  Someone does something nice for Amber and does a guest comic for her... and you're nitpicking it?  Maybe I'm just cranky and you're trying to be funny in some way, but I'm not seeing it.

now now, it's not their fault they're mean-spirited ingrates. =/

Mao

Words to the wise:  When someone does something nice for all of us, that is to say does a comic for us for free, it is considered highly impolite to complain about them or their works and to make jokes that could be considered insulting to them on face value ( remember, not everyone shares your sense of humour!).

Bare minimum:  At least be intelligent and civil about it when you post lest you come off as a complete and total jerkass.

Darkmoon

And only the moderators are allowed to be complete and total jerkasses.
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

Turnsky

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on June 11, 2010, 11:22:29 AM

it's a contractual obligation, i've heard.

VSMIT

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on June 11, 2010, 11:22:29 AM
But what if someone else wants to be a complete and total jerkass?  What then?  Are we resigned to simply sit by the wayside, hoping that some other forum picks us up as moderators so we can be jerkasses?

Mao

Start your own forum?  Get on with a moderation staff that shares your views and sense of humor?

Darkmoon

Sulk in the corner, writing poetry about how you hate your daddy, then transcribe it to LiveJournal.

Icalasari

Quote from: Turnsky on June 11, 2010, 09:23:21 AMnow now, it's not their fault they're mean-spirited ingrates. =/

Reminds me of an episode of Corner Gas...
Quote from: MT Hazard on January 08, 2011, 10:54:19 AM
Warning! This cubi has encountered an unknown error and needs to restart
Do you wish to start in safe mode ? Y/N
Loading last known good configuration.....
Loading WinMows....

Azlan

I think even I have marginally better manners than to levy insults and bait for flamewars on a generously given gift.

The best advise has been given to me multiple times from the staff here, and I still have yet to use it... if you do not like how things are run here, leave and go somewhere else.  If you do not like being chided for posting something stupid... well, uh... I don't know what to tell you, pretty much everywhere you will get flack for it.
"Ha ha! The fun has been doubled!"

Drayco84

Well, I was gonna respond to the flamebait, but my session timed out and the Internet Ether ate my post.

It's for the best, I guess.

DarkSunDuelist

Quote from: Mao Laoren on June 11, 2010, 10:04:57 AM
Words to the wise:  When someone does something nice for all of us, that is to say does a comic for us for free, it is considered highly impolite to complain about them or their works and to make jokes that could be considered insulting to them on face value ( remember, not everyone shares your sense of humour!).

Bare minimum:  At least be intelligent and civil about it when you post lest you come off as a complete and total jerkass.

To quote you (and others) on MANY of the forum posts I've read in the past few hours:
"This is why we can't have nice things"

Darkmoon

Moronic posters are the reason why we can't have nice things.