[CVRPG News] - Castlevania RPG: The Wiki

Started by Pamela The fire Angel, May 04, 2010, 06:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pamela The fire Angel

Hi, i got a question, why we dont do a Wiki about Castlevania RPG? 8-bit has one, and we all know that the CVRPG is vast supirior and have a beter and Complex universe, i think it disarves a Wiki, just skils,Magics and Special Attacks we have like 1200 Articles, thats it :3

PS: sorry the bad english, im not a native speker xD

EDIT: As per the suggestion, a wiki is now available at http://cvrpg.wikia.com/wiki/Castlevania_RPG_Wiki

Mao

Oh my word...Darkmoon has a fan who signed up to the forums..and isn't here for DMFA.  Quick, someone contact Sindra down in hell and ask her if it's frozen over!

Welcome to the forums, Pamela.  Read and know the rules, love the mods and enjoy your stay.

As for the wiki.. that's not a half bad idea.

Edit: That said, there's already a lot of info in the 'Bonus Features' section of the site.

Pamela The fire Angel

Thank you, you are kind :)

well actually I hate DMFA, i dont like Fury (xD) and her art is strange, But ok, I can not draw a stick man, who am I to criticize O_O

About the wiki I've written some articles, the Amount of abilities that the comic has is impressive, about the places, it's kind of hard since the Darkmoon use Sprites of existing games, but I think it's alright ....
was wondering if anybody here have experience with these things because I'm a little Noob in this kind of stuff X_X

Pamela The fire Angel

we also could do a wiki about DMFA, im shure that the Darkmoon sister, mab i think will be happy :mowwink

Mao

Two things:  There's actually already a DMFA wiki. :) (link)

And if you want to, you can edit posts that you make so that you don't have to double post.  It's much easier for everyone to read.

Darkmoon

Honestly, I have considered doing a wiki at some point for CVRPG... or more specifically, setting one up and seeing if anyone was even interested in it.

It is nice to see that there's someone interested in it, and if people want me to, I'll be more than happy to look into it. I might talk to llearch and see what it would take, and if he has suggestions as to where to set it up (or, you know, he'll read this and comment on his own).
In Brightest Day. In Blackest Night...

bradypodidae

I had wondered about a Wiki, but knowing nothing about creating/maintaining one, I was a little daunted by the task that would be putting all of the history/information that is CVRPG into one. If I knew what it entailed, I might be willing to volunteer some time in it's creation.
Heroic adventuring at the speed of slow.
Never mistake kindness as a sign of weakness.
Not a complete idiot, parts missing.

Dropping Proeliator from the name was way overdue.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

Really, it's just about creating a page (which is easy, as there are buttons saying "create page"), and then just adding content. The "hardest" part (which isn't that hard) is learning the syntax of the code. It's much easier to edit than HTML, you just have to occasionally remember to put some thing sin quotes, or behind slashes, to make some links and such work.

EDIT: Having said that: http://cvrpg.wikia.com/wiki/Castlevania_RPG_Wiki

bradypodidae

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on May 04, 2010, 08:45:03 PM

Ah, that was quick, Darkmoon.

IF this takes off, will you have the time to proofread entries and maintain the site?

It seems to me this could turn into quite a chore, however, I am tempted to give it a try. I see you have made a starting point, what would you want to see worked on/developed first?

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Pamela The fire Angel

: o

My god that was fast O_O

is so good to see that you liked the idea
im happy: D

(im your fan ^^)

I asked a friend of mine who edits the FF Wiki give me tips, and is not very difficult, I'll see if I can edit somethings tomorrow after school :S

if we do it togeder i know we can do it All Right ;)

Darkmoon

Quote from: proeliator bradypodidae on May 04, 2010, 08:54:04 PM
Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on May 04, 2010, 08:45:03 PM

Ah, that was quick, Darkmoon.

IF this takes off, will you have the time to proofread entries and maintain the site?

It seems to me this could turn into quite a chore, however, I am tempted to give it a try. I see you have made a starting point, what would you want to see worked on/developed first?

I think it'll be fine. I'll check the first few for a while. After that, once some good articles are up, and good writers and editors show up, I'll probably nominate a few people to take over primary duties on the site.

bradypodidae

Quote from: Darkmoon Firelyte on May 04, 2010, 09:11:14 PM
I think it'll be fine. I'll check the first few for a while. After that, once some good articles are up, and good writers and editors show up, I'll probably nominate a few people to take over primary duties on the site.

"Good?" ... damn.

Avi by Tabi

USMC

Darkmoon

Oh, you'll be fine. It's not as if I haven't written a ton of this stuff for you to crib. ;)

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 04, 2010, 07:12:34 PM
Oh my word...Darkmoon has a fan who signed up to the forums..and isn't here for DMFA.  Quick, someone contact Sindra down in hell and ask her if it's frozen over!

Sorry, Sindra is out ice skating...
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Darkmoon

Now, I'm not really going to add to this project. This is for the fans. I mean, I've already written a fair bit of this content before, in a form for the site, but I'd be more than curious as to what the fans come up with, and how the organize, reference, yada yada... I will check it out from time to time... just don't expect me to sit up writing articles for it. I want to see what you guys make.

Once there's a bit of content on the wiki, I'll link the site to the wiki and see if we can get some more people involved. I just don't want to link it until there's been some activity.

Mao

Makes sense.  This is a project for the fans by the fans.  A good deed if you would.  I think you've reached your quota on those.

Darkmoon

Quote from: Mao Laoren on May 05, 2010, 02:45:11 PM
Makes sense.  This is a project for the fans by the fans.  A good deed if you would.  I think you've reached your quota on those.

Fuck yeah I have. ;)