04/23/10 [DMFA#1108] - Well... "Ab" is in Fabulous

Started by RandomMetaphysics, April 23, 2010, 01:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RandomMetaphysics

... :mwaha
BWAHAHAHAHAHA. Yes.
AMBER WINS AGAIN.

Gah! I just realized I got the date wrong! Dang you copypasta! Can... can someone fix that?
RandomMetaPhysics <--- Fail

Edit:
*fixes space in title to match the others in the main forum* You're welcome.
  -- llearch

Scarydragon

So only now he complains about his wardrobe. Seems to me he wore a dress -er- 'robe' rather, for a few years. Oh that silly Dan! :B
A Scarydragon approaches!

[Attack]
>[Word Play]
     [Sarcasm]
     [Innuendo]
     [Backwards Logic]
     [Puns]
   >[Sarcasm]
  [Procrastinate]
  [Item]

Madd the Sane

Why yes, Amber, you can experiment with the characters as much as you want.

So, Question for the Readers: What do you think various characters' body types will be?
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

jeffh4

"minor for some while others will probably look a bit more drastic"?  

What on earth could she. . . . .IEEEEEEE!  Run, it's Earzilla! And this time he's hungry!!!!

Also, I beg to differ with Amber on one key point.  Fa'Lina does have a couple of noticable differences in her body type versus the other female characters.  That's all the variety I need!   :)

Madmann135

Dan's been wearing that Robe for so long he hasn't had to wear much else.
Now Dan is maturing into a young individual and he is questioning his wardrobe.

Dan 3.0 looks good.

Yes, I do post just to see my own words on the screen.

Baal Hadad

<.<

>.>

Wait, WHAT?  Since when do CLOTHES have a sexual orientation?  They don't even reproduce!

InsanityRequiem

Dan's obviously spent too much time in SAIA! His fashion sense has changed. Or Abel did that. You can't trust the sneaky places/peoples. Yus yus.

And to learn how to draw different body types? Go to a gym!

What? It's to draw the different types of peoples' bodies that go there to gym it up.
Who is the sanest of us all? Why, the insane of course!

Omega

Quote from: Baal Hadad on April 23, 2010, 02:03:40 AM
Wait, WHAT?  Since when do CLOTHES have a sexual orientation?  They don't even reproduce!

Well, a pink jeans aren't what one might think as a prime example of masculinity. Of course, we have to remember that we assume that the gender of a cloth is the same as its wearer.

What exactly makes Dan's clothes gay? I'm not good with this sort of things. A sleeveless shirt? Turquoise color? Hell, I'd wear that shirt. I mean, shirt that would be similar to that one. Never realized that Dan's physic is so close to mine.

jeffh4

Quote from: InsanityRequiem on April 23, 2010, 02:27:32 AM
Dan's obviously spent too much time in SAIA! His fashion sense has changed. Or Abel did that.

I think you're right on the second guess.  I expect Abel got bored again and decided to use his time to reconstruct Dan's wardrobe. 

You must admit, Abel definitely wants to avoid sleeping right now!

Turnsky

pssst, it's the 23rd of april.   >:3

and it's the mabtaint i tells ye! FLEE while you still can!  :U

Dragons, it's what's for dinner... with gravy and potatoes, YUM!
Sparta? no, you should've taken that right at albuquerque..

liari

Quote from: jeffh4 on April 23, 2010, 02:42:35 AM
Quote from: InsanityRequiem on April 23, 2010, 02:27:32 AM
Dan's obviously spent too much time in SAIA! His fashion sense has changed. Or Abel did that.

I think you're right on the second guess.  I expect Abel got bored again and decided to use his time to reconstruct Dan's wardrobe. 

You must admit, Abel definitely wants to avoid sleeping right now!

I'm going with this.  Done with interior decorating, Abel has moved on to Cubi Eye for the Confused Dan and plans to syndicate soon.

Nino

Quote from: Omega on April 23, 2010, 02:27:38 AM

What exactly makes Dan's clothes gay? I'm not good with this sort of things. A sleeveless shirt? Turquoise color? Hell, I'd wear that shirt. I mean, shirt that would be similar to that one. Never realized that Dan's physic is so close to mine.

They're also skin tight and pretty revealing =p

Tapewolf

Quote from: Turnsky on April 23, 2010, 02:46:24 AM
pssst, it's the 23rd of april.   >:3

Sorted.

EDIT:
Quote from: Kattuccino on April 23, 2010, 03:03:14 AM

Talking of which, didn't Abel recommend covering his shoulders?

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 23, 2010, 03:03:36 AM

Abel did so. He covered it in makeup.

... and then covered Fi in sharpie.
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Tapewolf

Quote from: llearch n'n'daCorna on April 23, 2010, 03:12:55 AM
Yes, but he also recommended wearing longer sleeves.  After all, the makeup may rub off, and if he does use magic it might start to glow through the makeup.

Baal Hadad

Quote from: Kattuccino on April 23, 2010, 03:03:14 AM

...and that's gay how, exactly...?  I mean, is it inconceivable that he might do that to impress the ladies, or something...?

VAE

Quote from: jeffh4 on April 23, 2010, 02:03:08 AM

Also, I beg to differ with Amber on one key point.  Fa'Lina does have a couple of noticable differences in her body type versus the other female characters.  That's all the variety I need!   :)

Two of them to be precise :D
But apparently Aary is catching up in this realm as well...
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Madd the Sane

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 23, 2010, 03:15:45 AM
Yes, but he also recommended wearing longer sleeves.  After all, the makeup may rub off, and if he does use magic it might start to glow through the makeup.
Since when has Dan used magic in the comic proper?
Yeah, I don't think we need to worry too much about Dan using magic. Although his clan mark did show up when fighting Dark Pegasus, but that's because he was subconsiously getting power from his clan.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Madd the Sane on April 23, 2010, 03:41:02 AM
Since when has Dan used magic in the comic proper?

So far, he hasn't.  But before he met Regina he didn't go on a 'Cubi rampage either.  Past performance is no guarantee of future performance, etc.  Depending on how serious he is about DP and Regina, we could easily see him exploring avenues which he's neglected up to now.

Madd the Sane

jeffh4

Yes, but he also recommended wearing longer sleeves.  After all, the makeup may rub off, and if he does use magic it might start to glow through the makeup.
Ah, but a gay man would rather DIE than appear in public looking less than fabulous.. . . .and if Dan's clothes have been redesigned by a gay man, then those same sensibliities now rub off on him!

Think about it.  Abel has been seen at Lost Lake showing off his own clan mark.  Apparently great fashion sense does not stop for mere concern for one's mortality!

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 23, 2010, 03:03:36 AM

Speaking of which, in these views his clan symbol isn't visible.

He covered it in makeup.
Yes, but he also recommended wearing longer sleeves.  After all, the makeup may rub off, and if he does use magic it might start to glow through the makeup.

OK, I forgot that makeup scene. And I think the last time Dan used magic was the rock incident as a child.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Bjalf

Since when do CLOTHES have a sexual orientation?  They don't even reproduce!
That's what makes them gay. They're just in it for the fun. (runs away)

Quote from: jeffh4 on April 23, 2010, 03:47:46 AM
Apparently great fashion sense does not stop for mere concern for one's mortality!
Fashion and sense are mutually exclusive.   :P

Rambon

Quote from: jeffh4 on April 23, 2010, 03:47:46 AM

Think about it.  Abel has been seen at Lost Lake showing off his own clan mark.  Apparently great fashion sense does not stop for mere concern for one's mortality!

I thought the only reason Abel "showed off" his own clan marking was because his clan has been more or less inactive (if not dead) for the last 400 or so years and that a backless shirt is the best option for instant wings.

Tapewolf

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 23, 2010, 03:53:27 AM
OK, I forgot that makeup scene. And I think the last time Dan used magic was the rock incident as a child.

Again, I don't think we can rule it out in future, not after he went all tentacular on Regina.

Eon

Well, a pink jeans aren't what one might think as a prime example of masculinity. Of course, we have to remember that we assume that the gender of a cloth is the same as its wearer.

Interestingly, pink shorts are a rather common sight on businessmen in Bermuda...

Bjalf

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 23, 2010, 04:17:40 AM
Again, I don't think we can rule it out in future, not after he went all tentacular on Regina.

When you say it like that, the resulting mental images clash with my recollection of what really happened between Dan and Regina.   :erk

Shachza

Quote from: Bjalf on April 23, 2010, 05:29:40 AM
Quote from: Tapewolf on April 23, 2010, 04:17:40 AM

When you say it like that, the resulting mental images clash with my recollection of what really happened between Dan and Regina.   :erk

Do you think that would have sped up or slowed down Kria's reaction time to the fight with DP?  Hmmm...
            <-- #1 that is!

Tapewolf

About the change in art-style, one of these days I am going to have to approach Amber about a re-take of Dorcan :3

MT Hazard

As far as clothing and looking masculine is concerned Dan is probably fighting a loosing battle, his own love of flashy clothing, which being a cubi will only increase, plus the artists love of interesting clothing combined with the 'pretty boy' default many male cubi seem to gravitate towards.... and he's probably going to mistaken for gay (or a women) for a while yet.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic)