04/24/10 [DMFA#1109] OOO! Soap operas!

Started by Techcubi, April 24, 2010, 12:43:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arcblade

Quote from: Scrap Fish on April 24, 2010, 09:41:14 AM
I'm also wondering how Alexsi managed to leave Abel with the soap and not get snared herself.

I think she was too busy being in heaven to notice the screen. 

So if this soap opera is so enthralling it ate Dan, I guess it doesn't necessarily reflect badly on Abel that he got eaten too. 

Much approval on Amber's new drawing style. 

Bjalf

Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on April 24, 2010, 09:34:51 AM
Quote from: Bjalf on April 24, 2010, 06:22:37 AM
Another "gay for ..." club? Why don't we just start a "Gay for the whole danged DMFA" club.   xD

I agree! In that case, I'm saying for the record I'm "Gay for......" Abel, Jyrras, Fa'Lina and Matilda!  :mowhappy Although, if we wanted to include some of the other Clan Leaders...........Seme, Dimanika, Jin and Quoar, too...................*looks at gender ratios*.............wow :...... I didn't know I favored the girls over the men.

Maybe I'll take a break from guys and go out with some ladies! :D

Let's just make this simple:

Toast

In reality, DMFA + Soap opera = this comic.

In my mind, DMFA + Soap Opera = DMFA cast stranded on an island with polarbear gryffons and a secret laboratory.

DMFA reader since 2000!

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

Quote from: Bjalf on April 24, 2010, 10:56:09 AM
Quote from: Mrs_A_ZeTavia on April 24, 2010, 09:34:51 AM
Another "gay for ..." club? Why don't we just start a "Gay for the whole danged DMFA" club.   xD

I agree! In that case, I'm saying for the record I'm "Gay for......" Abel, Jyrras, Fa'Lina and Matilda!  :mowhappy Although, if we wanted to include some of the other Clan Leaders...........Seme, Dimanika, Jin and Quoar, too...................*looks at gender ratios*.............wow :...... I didn't know I favored the girls over the men.

Maybe I'll take a break from guys and go out with some ladies! :D

Brillant!!  :mowhappy Absolutely Brillant!!

Drayco84

That's too big to fit into a sig... And you forgot Kria.

EDIT: *Checks the whole right-hand column, looks around, shrugs, and then checks the bottom.*

D'ymkarra

'It'd be such an honour, to be personally smacked upside the head by the artist herself' - Bjalf

Anker Steadfast

So, it's a picture of Abel, and there's a checkbox for Abel .. does that mean that Abel can be gay for Abel ?  :mowhappy

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Mao

Lucheek

Oh hey! Dan got a square-chin like Ducky's. Abel's is the same though. I guess that makes sense, I imagine Abel is a bit more femmy than Dan.

Bjalf

Congo Jack

Quote from: D'ymkarra on April 24, 2010, 07:09:06 AM
As for losing the boys to the good old boob tube, you have to remember that most cubi tend to have very short attention spa....Oooh look, a butterfly!

Too often, when I see commercials, I start flipping channels, forgetting completely what I was watching. One hope for the commercials.

LeftBlank

Let's hope they don't switch to the 'Buy Now!' channel and purchase 'Mike the TV!'  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1d43r6iVgsc

If they get bested by a laser pointer, 'Mike the TV!' is a laser light show.  :mowsmile

Starcat5

Dear lord! If you think he was bad in the early seasons (His remote control ran away), he became even worse after he got religion! (According to the official-but-may-not-be-canon online comic, he still has the Elvis Preacher jumpsuit and accent.)
Conservative Democrat or Liberal Republican: You decide!
The Centrist line has moved a long way to the Right over the years.

I'd argue that's a horribly shallow argument, except it's completely true. ~ooklah

Ragesquid

What did I did.

I must say, I lol'd at this strip. I don't normal laugh, 'cause..I'm just not a happy person..but I can definitely relate to it. I've caught myself doing this exact thing. Not necessarily with a soap, but with an equally boring or ridiculous show.

Amber Williams

Quote from: Fox on April 24, 2010, 04:48:35 PM
What did I did.

I must say, I lol'd at this strip. I don't normal laugh, 'cause..I'm just not a happy person..but I can definitely relate to it. I've caught myself doing this exact thing. Not necessarily with a soap, but with an equally boring or ridiculous show.

This post wins the thread. 100+ IQ for you. :3

Thirty Second Artbomb

What did I did.

--------->8---------

END OF THREAD
CUT HERE

Eibborn

I'm really liking the new art. It's jarring to see Dan with muscles, but they suit him and make sense given his career.
/kicks the internet over

Drayco84

What did I did.

Now I'm going to wonder if that's how someone breaks the soap's hold over those three...
Still, laser pointers have nothing on these if you have direct sunlight.

Mrs_A_ZeTavia

What did I did.

That picture is adorable, have a cookie!  :mowcookie

I will admit, that one of those things entertained my friend for hours, as she watched me chase after it.....  :lol

Caswin

At the risk of being redundant after the thread was definitively won...

I don't know quite how to phrase my liking for this development. (The fact that it's just after midnight might have something to do with that.) I just know how much I like everything related to the popcorn-eating and Fi's head.

EDIT: ...and half the reason I posted, then forgot in the middle of the night, is that I'm already drawn in by this soap opera myself.  It's not hard to see someone else getting sucked in by it.  I think it was the reference to the Black Feathers that got me.
Quote from: DamarisThis is the most freaking civil "flame war" I have ever seen in my life.
Yap yap.

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: Amber Williams on April 24, 2010, 04:58:58 PM
Quote from: Fox on April 24, 2010, 04:48:35 PMWhat did I did.
This post wins the thread. 100+ IQ for you. :3

+1 click from me. :D

I'd give him a 100 IQ too, but I can't so I shan't.

Chakat Blackspots

Quote from: Eibborn on April 24, 2010, 07:56:12 PM
I'm really liking the new art. It's jarring to see Dan with muscles, but they suit him and make sense given his career.

I hadn't really noticed before that none of the males had muscles, but it does look good.

Anker Steadfast

Maybe you didn't notice because of all the Soap Opera drama that's on the telly!!!!!

:popcorn