04/19/10 [AS2#98] - *insert Linkin Park song title here*

Started by Jairus, April 18, 2010, 11:42:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jairus

Not much happening this week, though I suspect that it's either Fa'Lina or Destania talking to him.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

RandomMetaphysics

Quote from: Jairus on April 18, 2010, 11:42:35 PM
Not much happening this week, though I suspect that it's either Fa'Lina or Destania talking to him.

I say... it's Destania. Abel's expression seems to be a mix of irritation and suspicion.

Ghostwish

Why am I hoping it's someone entirely new? I'm weird.

Jairus

Quote from: Ghostwish on April 18, 2010, 11:50:40 PM
Oh gods no. That would extend Abel's Story by at least another fifteen pages.
Erupting Burning Sekiha Hell and Heaven Tenkyoken Tatsumaki Zankantō!!
NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRDS! - Amber Williams
"And again I say unto you: bite me." - Harry Dresden
You'll catch crap no matter what sort of net you throw out - Me

Baal Hadad

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on April 18, 2010, 11:47:09 PM

I say... it's Destania. Abel's expression seems to be a mix of irritation and suspicion.

Not only that but the words themselves sound like Destania to me.

But of course we don't get to find out until next update.  How I wish these came with sound!

Oh wait....

Anker Steadfast

Heck, it could even be Aary or Mink saying those words.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.

Ted Schiller

Quote from: RandomMetaphysics on April 18, 2010, 11:47:09 PM

Dr. Ink.  He is charged by Fa'Lina to treat Abel, after all.  No odd experiments, though.
Maybe by being kind to Abel, he can yank Aaryanna's chain.   xD

With regards,
Ted

AmigaDragon

Quote from: Jairus on April 18, 2010, 11:56:52 PM
Quote from: Ghostwish on April 18, 2010, 11:50:40 PM
Oh gods no. That would extend Abel's Story by at least another fifteen pages.

Not that we need an entirely new character, but 15 more pages is a problem how? We don't have a definite set number of pages in the first place, just an estimate of about 200 pages when Amber started it.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Psaakyrn

I'd think it's Pyroduck instead, actually. Just doesn't sound like Destania enough.
Someone in the valley calls out to me;
A voice from the past, fading out fast;
Am I to be wary, do I have to be;
I just know, I have to be there.

Rambon

Quote from: Psaakyrn on April 19, 2010, 01:47:35 AM
I'd think it's Pyroduck instead, actually. Just doesn't sound like Destania enough.
I don't think it's Pyro, since going by what is canon in the regular Dmfa comic... they only first met after Abel left the academy to "help" Dan out.

Alphonse

Okay I'm sure someone else has noticed but it seems Amber is working with a new style for her characters hair. I like it, makes it seem less like their hair is as stiff as straw.

Madd the Sane

Umm, this is how what ends? Is it his mom's life, Destania's plans for Abel, what?
Get out of my mind, idea!  I already have an idea in here!
Don't you hate it when you have an idea, don't write it down, and forget it?

Shachza

Quote from: Madd the Sane on April 19, 2010, 03:15:06 AM
Umm, this is how what ends? Is it his mom's life, Destania's plans for Abel, what?

That's the question, isn't it?

I'm guessing it's Destania talking to Abel about how he probably just wants to end his own life at the moment.  If this conversation follows any of the stereotypes then the next line will be something like this:
"So...is this how it ends?  You're just going to give up and sit here until you waste away?"

But then, Abel's caught a lot of crap and he looks about as low as he can go now, so I can empathize.  (Yay metaphors!)

And I don't think it's Ink, whoever it is doesn't sound at all like Ink.
            <-- #1 that is!

Tapewolf

Quote from: Shachza on April 19, 2010, 03:43:28 AM
But then, Abel's caught a lot of crap and he looks about as low as he can go now, so I can empathize.  (Yay metaphors!)

I dunno, he looks more broody than that.  'Course, I'm not an empath - whoever it is probably has a better idea of what's going through his head.  But the irritable expression at the end isn't the sort of thing you'd get from someone who's clinically depressed, usually.  If they're that low they tend to be apathetic.

I'd say it's probably Fa'Lina.

J.P. Morris, Chief Engineer DMFA Radio Project * IT-HE * D-T-E

llearch n'n'daCorna

Quote from: AmigaDragon on April 19, 2010, 01:33:11 AM
Not that we need an entirely new character, but 15 more pages is a problem how? We don't have a definite set number of pages in the first place, just an estimate of about 200 pages when Amber started it.

Actually, I believe she originally estimated 50-100 pages. I think 50, rapidly upped to 100, and we've now got near on 200+, and she's still claiming to be 50 pages from the end.

Just so you know. ;-]
Thanks for all the images | Unofficial DMFA IRC server
"We found Scientology!" -- The Bad Idea Bears

Mao

I get the feeling we're very close to the end of this.  At least I hope we are.

Scow2

I don't see the irritation... he's just cracking an eye open to see who's addressing him...

Tapewolf

Quote from: Scow2 on April 19, 2010, 08:57:53 AM
I don't see the irritation... he's just cracking an eye open to see who's addressing him...
Compare the eyebrows in the top and bottom panels.
EDIT: Or better, the last two panels.

Scow2

So.. his eyebrows are indicating he's focusing in looking over at the speaker... I still don't see it as surefire proof of him being really irritated.

Tapewolf

Quote from: Scow2 on April 19, 2010, 09:17:43 AM
So.. his eyebrows are indicating he's focusing in looking over at the speaker...

I'm reading it as annoyance at being disturbed, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

joshofspam

So does anyone think that a plate of cookies could be coming Abel's way soon?

Dan was given a plate of cookies from Fa'lina when he was feeling down and Abel seemed fairly curious about them.

Think Fa'lina's cookies are famous throughout the academy? :mowcookie
I perfer my spam cooked on a skillet.

Arcblade

I'm betting on Destania.  We know Abel fights like Destania, which means he probably didn't blow off her offer forever. 

Also, as this is page 98, I'm taking a secondary bet that Abel's story ends soon.  Like, two comics soon. 

About Abel's story:  it wasn't originally going to be 200 pages long.  I forget if it was slated to be 100 pages, or 50 pages, but it wasn't supposed to get this long.  So adding another 15 pages or so isn't too likely now, in my opinion. 

Plus, Amber needs her sanity. 

jeffh4

MT Hazard

Anyone think that the 'it' in "is this how it ends?" could be Abels clan? After all, we have no idea if his father or potential step siblings are still alive, he could be the last clan member.

His lack of interest in procreation and the things that enable it seem to add credence to this idea.
Grammar and I Don't always get on.

Link of the moment:  Sleepless domain (web comic) 

Tapewolf

Quote from: MT Hazard on April 19, 2010, 01:21:21 PM
His lack of interest in procreation and the things that enable it seem to add credence to this idea.

Actually having children inside SAIA is forbidden.  Though his (presumable) lack of a love life would send the same message, I suppose.

Nekette

Am I the only one who remembers that Destania was screwing with Abel's head when he first arrived? His dream of Devin was her. Or at the very least, she was influencing it.
I can drag it from the archives if necessary. :P

Tapewolf

Quote from: Nekette on April 19, 2010, 01:50:57 PM
Am I the only one who remembers that Destania was screwing with Abel's head when he first arrived?

I'd say that's probably what's fuelling most of the 'It's Destania!' speculation.

jeffh4

Quote from: Tapewolf on April 19, 2010, 01:40:43 PM

Actually having children inside SAIA is forbidden.  Though his (presumable) lack of a love life would send the same message, I suppose.
Do you mean giving birth in SAIA is forbidden?  Or anyone pregnant staying there is forbidden?  I'm pretty sure you don't mean that nookie is forbidden!

VAE

Quote from: jeffh4 on April 19, 2010, 02:30:05 PM

Do you mean giving birth in SAIA is forbidden?  Or anyone pregnant staying there is forbidden?  I'm pretty sure you don't mean that nookie is forbidden!
No, just means that if you do that and get pregnant you are in trouble
What i cannot create, i do not understand. - Richard P. Feynman
This is DMFA. Where major species don't understand clothing. So innuendo is overlooked for nuendo. .
Saphroneth

Anker Steadfast

Quote from: jeffh4 on April 19, 2010, 02:30:05 PM
Quote from: MT Hazard on April 19, 2010, 01:21:21 PMHis lack of interest in procreation and the things that enable it seem to add credence to this idea.

Most likely, there's a Magic Ward around the place that inhibits conception.
That would be the easiest way to keep them from breeding like rabbits.

And Fa'Lina is strong enough to pull it off.

GAH - I have been lured into fiddling with forum tamagotchies.